Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Aug 24, 2016 11:27 pm
In hindsight, Kama thinks he should have had the goliath come in and do the talking. "Uh... yeah," he says, uncertain of how else to proceed.

Rolls

Persuasion, Advantage - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (15) + 1 = 16

1d20+1 : (11) + 1 = 12

+1d6 from Stormsong - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Aug 24, 2016 11:29 pm
The banshee laughs, a surprisingly melodic sound, "I like your honesty, boy," she says as she takes the comb from you, "What is your question? I'll provide only one answer, so make it a good one!"
Aug 24, 2016 11:31 pm
Kama coughs to clear his throat. "What do you know of the location of a spellbook penned by the wizard Bowgentle?" he intones from memory.
Aug 24, 2016 11:38 pm
"I traded that spellbook to a necromancer by the name of Tsernoth, who said he was from Iriaebor. That was more than 100 years ago now," she informs you, apparently truthfully.
OOC:
You each gain 200 xp for successfully getting the answer to your question!
Aug 25, 2016 12:18 am
As we back away and Kama ends his conversation with the apparition, Stormsong fingers his lute and sings in a soft baritone,
Tall and tan and young and lovely,
The elven maid Agatha goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes goes,
"Aaah…"

When she walks, she’s like a willow tree
That swings so cool and sways so gent-i-ly
That when she passes, each one she passes goes,
"Aaah…"

Oh, but he watches so sadly -
How can he tell her he loves her?
Yes, he would give his heart gladly,
But each day when she walks to the sea,
She looks straight ahead – not at he…

Tall and tan and young and lovely,
The elven maid Agatha goes walking
And when she passes, he smiles, but she doesn’t see…
OOC:
melody from, and words largely pilfered from, The Girl From Ipenema
Last edited August 25, 2016 1:42 am
Aug 25, 2016 12:28 am
Gimblyn, with his eyes still popping from Kama's thoughtful yank, awkwardly hums to the Goliath's song. "Mm... Aaah, Agatha... Doo-data.... Aaah, tall and tanned lady... Yeah-yeah, yeah.... Agatha, I swear... Ouuu..." his small gnome voice barely carried pass the two mountains he had for companions.
Last edited August 25, 2016 1:53 am
Aug 25, 2016 3:53 pm
Kama gives his thanks and politely takes his leave. No sense in stirring the pot when everything's done. He writes down the banshee's answer and repeats it to himself in order to memorize it; it will be a while until he can relay the information.
Aug 25, 2016 3:55 pm
It's only midday now, but you're sure that you won't be able to make it to the Old Owl Well before dusk. Where would you like to make camp for the night?
Aug 25, 2016 4:40 pm
"What do you say about making camp in Conyberry?" asks Kama, looking up at the sky.
Aug 25, 2016 5:01 pm
Although he'd be more comfortable in the hills, Stormsong sees the wisdom in the more defensible ruins. "Sounds perfect."

As they mount up and make their way back down the trail and out of the woods, Stormsong fills Xora in on how Gimblyn broke the ice, and smooth-talking Kama got the job done.
Last edited August 25, 2016 7:06 pm
Aug 25, 2016 10:13 pm
You make it back to Conyberry a few hours before the sun sets and make camp in a mostly-intact building. The night passes uneventfully and you wake in the morning ready for another day of do-gooding.

Rolls

Bad things happen? - (1d20)

Aug 26, 2016 12:42 am
"So what do we know about this well? It's old, something to do with owls, near an old tower, old magics, and the undead," Stormsong muses, "Maybe some stealthy recon, followed by a ranged ambush of the undead, then get to the heart of the old magics?"
Aug 26, 2016 2:07 am
Kama shrugs. "The recon sounds about right," he says. "What happens after that depends on what we find."
Aug 26, 2016 6:37 am
"I hope we find some more friends... Not everyone out there can be trying to kill us, I swear." The gnome checks his pack for all his supplies and admires the work he put into the bow last night. Gimblyn was ready to adventure further.
Aug 29, 2016 5:06 pm
You begin heading south the next morning. The mostly flat ground soon turns to rolling foothills, slowing your progress just a little bit. It's several hours before you come across what you're looking for. As you crest a low ridge, you spy the crumbling ruins of an old watchtower standing amid the rugged hills. The place is so old that the walls are only mounds of rubble enclosing a courtyard of sorts, adjacent to the broken stump of an old tower. A colorful tent has been set up in the middle of the courtyard, but no on is in sight. The smell of death wafts up from the direction of the old tower.
Aug 29, 2016 6:12 pm
"Either there's been a recent battle," muses Kama, "or we've found the undead. Though I wonder why they call this place a well?"
Aug 30, 2016 4:33 pm
I search the rubble for any sign of a well.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Aug 31, 2016 1:36 pm
I try to sneak my way up to the ruins, circling around below the ridge, avoiding line of sight, cresting the ridge where the largest chunks of wall remain to hide behind. I want to see what's going on inside the ruins, and if I see nothing, I'll advance past the outer wall to the ruins of the tower -- again, while staying out of the line of sight of the tent.
OOC:
oops. Well, maybe I can draw attention away from my friends...
Last edited August 31, 2016 1:37 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Perception - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Aug 31, 2016 3:27 pm
Xora can't see a well from the ridge that you are all standing on.

Stormsong makes his way down to a gap in the rubble and peers in. He sees an old well in the courtyard, which wasn't visible from their spot on the wall. He also sees about a dozen zombies stumbling around near the tent. They don't seem to have noticed him.
Aug 31, 2016 4:19 pm
Kama waits patiently while the other scout the ruins. He leans over to Gimblyn and mutters, "So, is it just me, or is it strange that such a colorful tent stands in the middle of this courtyard, vibrant and intact, while everything around it is falling to pieces?"
load next

Thread locked