Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Apr 27, 2016 12:34 am
"As much as I appreciate your assistance, a friend's life is on the line. I ain't gonna lie; looking for shinies is about the last thing on my list," says Kama. "How's about you accompany our search for the druid, and you can look for whatever you want along the way?"
Apr 29, 2016 2:41 pm
OOC:
Waiting to see where you guys want to start your search

The robed figures were seen over on the eastern side of the village.

7 is a tower that's in a state of disrepair
Apr 29, 2016 3:40 pm
Kama looks outside and spies the building across the road. "Might as well start there," he says, pointing to Building #4. He pokes his head out, scouting for robed men and walking shrubbery. Then over his shoulder to Xora, "Cover me," and steps out to cross the street.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+0)

(7) = 7

Apr 29, 2016 3:43 pm
Kama makes it across the street without being attacked by any plants. He comes to a door reinforced with heavy iron bands. This house appears to be in better condition than most of the others.
Apr 29, 2016 3:49 pm
Kama tilts his head as he considers his next move. Finally with a shrug, he uses the poll of his greataxe to knock on the door.
Apr 29, 2016 6:57 pm
"About as subtle as his axe, that one..." Aoth says to himself. He darts across the street and around Kama, immediately dropping to one knee to examine the door latch and see if there's a lock or trap.
Apr 29, 2016 7:02 pm
Moments after the knock, just as Aoth bends down to examine the door the door opens to reveal a gaunt, white-bearded man is flowing forest-green robes. He peers out the door to the left and right and waves for you to enter, "Come in."
Apr 29, 2016 7:04 pm
"Now you look like a druid," says Kama, gesturing with his hand for the rest of the party to come forward. He steps over the crouching human, chain skirt close to scuffing Aoth's hat, and across the threshold at the invitation.
Apr 29, 2016 7:27 pm
I relax slightly, carrying my bow in a less threatening manner and follow the others.
Apr 29, 2016 7:52 pm
"I am Reidoth. I assume you're not her for idle chatter?" he asks. He's not rude, but you can tell her isn't one to beat around the bush.
Apr 29, 2016 7:59 pm
Kama shrugs. "Eh, that's up to you; ale and food make for fine conversationalists. But no, my name is Kama. That's Xora, Wish, Hollow, and a gardener we found next door. We were told you might know the way to Cragmaw Castle. A friend of ours was kidnapped and was taken there, along with a map to a place called Wave Echo Cave."
May 2, 2016 12:01 pm
"What can you tell us?" Sometimes, direct is best. I watch him for any indication of his current demeanor.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

May 2, 2016 3:36 pm
"It seems that you've found your druid, friends." Aoth says, and turns to Reidoth "Have you any spirits or charceuterie?"
May 2, 2016 5:09 pm
Reidoth busies himself around the surprisingly nice house. Its furnishings are simple; a bed, a stout oaken table with four chairs, and a small nightstand with a pitcher of water and a couple of cups on it. He gives you each a glass of water to drink before sitting down on the bed to speak.

"Afraid I don't have any spirits, no. Cragmaw Castle, eh? I could provide you with directions there, but it may be easier to have my friend guide you there. I am expecting him any time now and he knows the forest quite well."

As he says this there comes a knock on the door, "Come in!" the druid shouts and the door opens to reveal...
OOC:
Valcos, here's your chance to introduce your character in game!
May 2, 2016 11:21 pm
The small, bug-eyed forest gnome walked through the front door of the druid's respectable home. His staff was in hand, but did not knock against the floor with every step.

"Oh, Rei, you never told me you had guests!? I would have brought some treats. I picked some delicious 'shoots early this morning. You would have enjoyed them very much... the rabbits ate them, I swear!"

The forest gnome nodded his peculiar bearded head at the three adventures.

"I am Gimblyn Tumtwig Figglebauter. My clan has lived in these woods for a very long time, Tumtwigs welcome you with great pleasure. It's always nice to see adventurers around, instead of those blasted goblins and bugbears. Terrible creatures, I swear."

With his large glossy eyes, he catches notice of the ranger's bow. The gnome's face lights up like a plump noble at a baked pie festival.

"Lovely, bow! That is not from these parts, I know this. My bows are the finest from these parts, I swear."

Gimblyn steps closer to her bow, inspecting it with great detail. He looks up at the ranger with a more serious face.

"Tell me of this bow, 'twig must know."

The forest gnome gave a genuine closed smile while still looking up.
Last edited May 2, 2016 11:23 pm
May 4, 2016 2:32 am
"You can chat about the bow on the way," interjects Kama. "Right now we have to make haste to Cragmaw Castle and see if our friend is still alive and in one piece."

Kama looks at Aoth with an appraising eye. "You might find something worth your time inside an occupied castle, versus scavenging around here," he says. "I wouldn't mind having another blade in there, myself. Why don't you join us?"

The half-orc turns to the druid and nods. "Thanks. I wish I had something to repay your kindness."
May 4, 2016 4:09 am
"You leap to conclusions, my young friend, Reidoth says to Kama, "I have not even asked Twig if he will lead you there yet." he then turns to Twig.

"Greetings, friend gnome. I had originally called you here to see if you could help me deal with a pesky dragon who has taken up residence here, but these travelers are looking for a guide to the old castle in the forest. Could you lead them there for me? Unless you’d like to handle the dragon first? Perhaps these young folks could help you out with him?"
May 4, 2016 4:50 am
Kama coughs. "Oh, sorry. Was kinda in a rush." He sets the head of his greataxe on the floor and leans against it with all the patience of a squirrel on a sugar rush. A dragon?!
May 4, 2016 5:41 am
Gimblyn mimicked Kama's stance, tapping his foot with impatience.

"Hrm, dragons are a problem that need time prepare for. What type are we dealing with, Rei?"

He swung his staff with the force of a squirrel after a sugar rush landing the rounded end firmly in Kama's gut.

"Your impatience will get you killed, friend, I swear. Though, I would gladly guide them for you, druid."

The forest gnome lowered his ineffective poke and paced the room slowly.

"I shall get us 'shrooms along the way! Dragons love mushrooms cooked in Neverwinter water. Its the perfect plan. The old castle should be littered with them, though... I haven't been there for quite some time."

Gimblyn cups his hand and sways his staff in the air like it was inside a stewing pot. The faster he stirred the more little flairs can be seen shooting up his staff. The forest gnome's face was focused on his cupped hand which began to glow slightly.

Anddddd poof!

A large, five foot wide glowing mushroom appeared in Twig's hand.

"Dragon sized! This is what I want to bring back, I swear!"

The gnome chuckled and the mushroom began to fade away.
May 4, 2016 5:44 am
"It's a young green. It's taken up a roost in the tower on the other side of the village. In addition there are some others who've recently shown up, the black robed ones I believe are trying to ally with the beast."
load next

Thread locked