Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Jun 10, 2016 3:37 pm
Favric's companions look at each other and one of them finally speaks up, "I think you should all leave now, before I call the masters."
Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm
Kama barks at the other men in the back, "I don't remember asking you a gods-damn thing!" He then speaks, a little more calmly, to Favric. "You were saying?"

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Jun 12, 2016 3:13 am
Though Gimblyn saw Kama as his companion, he was still startled by his barking statement.
Jun 13, 2016 3:28 pm
Favric and the others lean away from Kama's scowling visage, but refuse to continue.
Jun 14, 2016 7:29 pm
Kama sighs, and straightens. He paces away from Favric and speaks, as his gaze sweeps across the other men. "You a religious man, Favric?" The half-orc stops behind Favric's chair.
Jun 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Favric flinches at the question, but then holds his head high, "Sure am, so do your worst. Half-breed monster!"
Jun 14, 2016 7:42 pm
Kama shrugs off the insult and continues, "Naw man, I ain't no preacher. Subjecting you to a sermon's worse than torture."

He walks around the room, addressing the crowd while eyeing the environment for possible hazards. "I ask because these dragons, you know. Don't they like to think of themselves as gods? Is that what your little outfits and attempts to pay tribute are for? Worship?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jun 16, 2016 3:28 pm
You don't see any danger incoming at this moment.

"Dragons ARE Gods compared to us, and we treat them with the respect that they rightly deserve," Favric says, "You are foolish if you don't see them as being above us."
Jun 16, 2016 3:51 pm
Kama nods. "Yeah, I get that. But here's what I don't understand." He studies the other men in the room. "If dragons are your gods and one of 'em is right next door, why are these fellas staying here while you go out on your own? Nothing what you said makes any sense, which tells me you trying to play me."
Jun 16, 2016 6:56 pm
"No, you're wrong! It was actually my privilege to be the first to meet with the dragon. I agreed to bring you all along to give as an offering to Venomfang. Dragons are much friendlier when they are well-fed, after all."
Jun 16, 2016 7:20 pm
"Well, I appreciate your honesty," says Kama with an approving nod. "With confession comes a lifting of the spirit."

And with that, Kama twists his torso, bringing his greataxe around on Favric in an attempt to ascend the man to the heavenly plane.

Rolls

Greataxe vs Favric, Damage - (1d20+5, 1d12+3)

1d20+5 : (11) + 5 = 16

1d12+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Jun 16, 2016 8:55 pm
The small forest gnome sees the situation turn and Kama swing, his quick movement almost sucked the hairs straight from his nose. Tumtwig gripped his staff tight, feeling the magic flow through his body and his hands. He quickly located the closest three clansmen, releasing a magic missile in their direction.

The attack was more to emphasize Kama's, as the gnome knew his missiles were weak and accurate.

Rolls

Magic Missile - 1st Level - (1d4+1, 1d4+1, 1d4+1)

1d4+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

1d4+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

1d4+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

Wild Magic Roll (if you decide lol) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jun 16, 2016 8:58 pm
The cultists, for that's what you recognize them as now, stand in stunned shock as Kama beheads Favric. Darts of magical force fly out from Gimblyn's fingers and strike 3 of the cultists and they grunt in pain at the sudden magical assault.
OOC:
I'll ALWAYS have you roll for Wild Magic

Xora and Aoth will get an attack in the surprise round before the cultists can react
Jun 17, 2016 1:52 am
"Surrender. Or you will join your friend."
OOC:
i hold my action until someone attempt to attack me or my allies.

Rolls

Persuasion/Intimidation - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Attack - (1d20+7, 1d8+3)

1d20+7 : (11) + 7 = 18

1d8+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

Jun 20, 2016 2:31 pm
The cloaked figures are obviously angry and already have their swords drawn. They make ready to charge at you, but as soon as the first moves forward an inch Xora's arrow is in the air. It hits the man right in the throat and launches him backwards. Before they can take another step, she has another arrow nocked and ready. The others stop their movements and stand very still, slowly dropping their weapons to the floor and holding up their hands.
Jun 24, 2016 9:02 pm
"Right, glad that's settled," grunts Kama through gritted tusks. "Now, maybe the rest of you start explaining what you're doing, before I start to seriously lose my calm?"
Jun 27, 2016 7:16 pm
"That's it, we were just trying to get the dragon to join a group that's based in Neverwinter. They're looking for help from dragons for something, they didn't tell us exactly what," One of the cultists speaks up after a few moments of tense silence.
Jun 27, 2016 7:28 pm
Kama plants his greataxe on the ground, and rests his foot on the beard close to the heel. "Right. With two diamonds, and maybe a couple of bodies," he says. "Considering the fact that Favric here was eager to send us in, if we hadn't come along he would have probably used you fellas to seal the deal, eh? While he walks away with the spoils and a job well done?"

The half-orc shakes his head. "Ain't that a shame." He lets the notion sink in, gauging the reaction in the remaining cultists. Perhaps it will make them more compliant in answering further questions, but if not there's always axe-based persuasion.
Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm
"They belong in a cell." Foolish men.
Jun 28, 2016 2:44 pm
Some of the men pale at the thought of being Favric's dragon bait, but they hold firm to their story, "We don't know any more than this, and we haven't committed any crime. The only one who really did anything at all was Favric," he studiously doesn't look at the head on the floor at this point, "and he's seen justice. Can't we forget all about this and go on our way? This is all too much and I just want out," there is a steady murmur of agreement at this last point.
load next

Thread locked