Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Jun 28, 2016 6:24 pm
Kama nods his head and is about to turn to his companions, but stops. "One more thing," he says to the cultists. "You guys already spoke to the dragon?"
Jun 28, 2016 6:25 pm
The talker shakes his head, "No, we were just looking around for now, getting a feel for things, ya know?"
Jun 28, 2016 6:27 pm
I stare at each of the men. Are they trustworthy? Or are they schemers like their leader?

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Jun 28, 2016 6:27 pm
So far as Xora can tell, these guys seem to be honest enough (at least about this).
Jun 28, 2016 6:30 pm
Kama also studies the group's reactions, gauging their honesty and conviction.

EDIT to add:
Not seeing anything out of place with his expectations, Kama looks to his companions and seems ready to let the cultists go on their way.
Last edited June 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Jul 1, 2016 1:50 pm
Everything seems alright to Kama, and if no one has any objections, you let the cultists go on their way with the promise that they will get into safer and more wholesome work in the future.
Jul 1, 2016 1:52 pm
"What to do with these trinkets?" I point at the paltry pile of gold and other things meant for the dragon.
Jul 1, 2016 1:59 pm
"Keep them!" the last cultist out the door says.

You manage to find 27 gold, 32 silver, and 87 copper pieces, as well as 3 diamonds (100 gp each) and a potion hanging around what remains of Favric's neck-stump.
Jul 1, 2016 4:57 pm
Kama breathes a sigh of relief. "One down. Now for a dragon. Somehow I doubt it'll go as smoothly as this."

He takes the potion and dips a finger into it for a test of what it might be.
Jul 1, 2016 6:24 pm
Kama sucks the potion off of his finger and can feel himself growing lighter, almost as if he could fly if he really wanted to try.
OOC:
It is a potion of flying, if that wasn't obvious
Jul 1, 2016 6:27 pm
Kama turns to Xora. "Flying potion. Might come in handy against a dragon, eh? You want it, or should I keep it?"
Jul 4, 2016 11:25 pm
Gimblyn was distracted by the shiny diamonds, snapping out of it as Kama speaks.

"I can have a diamond, I'll make good use of it... I swear."

The little forest gnome had a large smile as his glossy eyes locked on the three diamonds.
OOC:
Sorry for the slow post :)
Jul 5, 2016 5:21 pm
The cultists have left now, and you are alone in the house. Do you want to try to deal with the dragon now, or would you like to proceed to the castle in the woods.
Jul 5, 2016 5:45 pm
Kama shrugs, and barring any objection from the others, flips a diamond to the gnome. The short one's earned it, at least.

"Much as it's right next door, I don't think our pal Gundren would appreciate us tangling with a dragon while he's all locked up. Plus, I don't think it's going anywhere soon. I figure we head to the castle now and rescue our wayward dwarf."
Jul 8, 2016 5:53 pm
Gimblyn nods, "That's fine, I'll show you the way, just follow me."

Gimblyn leads you out in the direction of the castle, informing you on the way that there are several entrances to the castle. There is a main entrance on the west side, a side entrance on the south side, and a couple of crumbled walls on the north side that you could probably get through.

Which way do you want to go?
Jul 8, 2016 6:07 pm
"Main entrance is out," says Kama as they walk. "A bold move may be unexpected, but definitely guarded and we're too few to withstand any attack. Tell me more about this side entrance to the south and the walls on the north side. Do you know who uses them, if at all?"
Jul 8, 2016 6:17 pm
Gimblyn is not overly familiar with the castle, apart from these obvious entrances' existence. He tends to avoid the place, the denizens are not too friendly to small gnomes.
Jul 8, 2016 6:26 pm
Kama nods. It was a worth asking the question. "I'm going to guess the south entrance is also locked. Perhaps we'll have an easier time getting in through the north, but if it's a known opening, it might also be guarded. Eh, let's try it."

As the party treks through the forest, Kama mulls a thought. "Hey, uh, you haven't seen any owlbears around, have you?"
Jul 8, 2016 8:01 pm
Figglebauter widens his large bug eyes and looks around, he is on high alert at the moment. This castle is far too dangerous for his liking.

"Umm..."

Rolls

Perception of the surroundings - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Jul 11, 2016 2:52 pm
You find no sign of owlbears on your way to the castle, a trip which takes a surprisingly long time (2 days, as you find out it's in the southern part of the forest, closer to Phandalin than Thundertree.

You come upon the castle in a clearing in the woods, it's once-strong walls are crumbling in places, revealing an opening on the northwest corner.
load next

Thread locked