Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Jul 20, 2016 6:16 pm
I lean forward towards the hobgoblin then spin, kicking out his legs hard.
OOC:
If the attack is successful, the damage is 3.
Last edited July 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Rolls

Kick attack! (w/advantage) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (12) + 2 = 14

1d20+2 : (19) + 2 = 21

Jul 20, 2016 6:29 pm
Xora's kick sweeps the hobgoblin's legs out from under him and he falls hard. He looks stunned until there is a loud crack and his head slams into a rock on the ground. He is very still.

All of the enemies are down and you now have a nearly-8-feet-tall hulk standing at the edge of the clearing.
OOC:
100 Xp!
Jul 20, 2016 6:38 pm
"Great," mutters Kama, holding his aching gut together with one hand, Talon poised defensively against the towering goliath. "They save the best for last, I guess. Well, come on, then. You might as well finish the job!"
Jul 20, 2016 7:28 pm
Gimblyn puts his staff into the ground, exhausted from battle.

"There are other jobs to finish, this fight is over... I swear."

Rolls

Wait, wild magic?!? - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (6) = 6

1d20 : (5) = 5

Jul 20, 2016 7:39 pm
"Over?" wheezes Kama. "Maybe he's too tall for you, but there's a big fella right over there."
Jul 20, 2016 8:26 pm
I watch the figure out of the corner of my eye while checking over my wounds. I'll live, but will need to clean and dress them soon or risk more harm later. "Did either of you hear that strange sound?"
Last edited July 20, 2016 8:26 pm
Jul 20, 2016 9:33 pm
Gimblyn looks over at the giant eyes even wider than normal, then straightens up his back.

"I hope the fight is over..."
Jul 21, 2016 4:57 am
"Ah HaHaHa! Well fought my brave and valiant friends! I hope no one was offended by my choice of the color pink!", roars Stormsong, wearing a big grin, straightening his hat, and casually stretching an open palm toward Kama, casting Healing Word, more as a gesture of goodwill than anything else.

Rolls

Healing Word - (1d4+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jul 21, 2016 5:51 am
Kama does not initially take the offered hand, yet relaxes his stance a bit at the gesture. "You're not with them?" he asks plainly, tipping his head at the hobgoblin bodies. Kama's weapon is still ready, wary of a possible trap.
Jul 21, 2016 8:20 am
"Certainly not. I fully expected to practice my craft in the empty ruins in this forest -- but clearing it of this vermin is much more to my liking! May I join you in battle, sir knight?"
Stormsong continues to reach his empty hand to the Orc, who does not appear to have reacted to his healing spell -- has it failed?
He looks toward Gimblyn saying, "That was some impressive spellcraft, my fine Gnome."
Turning his head to Xora, he bows slightly, sensing leadership potential in this one, "May I offer my skills to your party?"
Last edited July 21, 2016 10:11 am
Jul 21, 2016 11:33 am
I turn towards the new member and scrutinize him for a moment. He hasn't made a move against us, so there's no reason not to trust him yet. "Xora." I point to the other members of the ragtag group. "Kama. Gimblyn."

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Jul 21, 2016 12:15 pm
Kama finally lowers his blade and takes the offered hand in a warrior's clasp. "Sorry, things are still a bit hot around here. Hard to know who's on whose side these days. And your name is?"
Jul 21, 2016 3:18 pm
His true name is only given to those most trusted and most loved, so he decides to provide the name traditionally offered to new acquaintances. After a strong clasp with Kama, looking him dead in the eye, he greets the party with a flourish and bow, "Hail, and well met Xora, Kama, and Gimblyn. I was given the name Stormsong by my tribe. I offer my skills, sword, and song."
Last edited July 21, 2016 3:19 pm
Jul 21, 2016 4:19 pm
"Stormsong," repeats Kama, attempting to commit it to memory. "Right, well. We've got a dwarf held somewhere in this place, or at the very least this is where he was last said to be." The half-orc is about to turn to the door in the wall, but pauses. "Say, either of you know the name 'Black Spider'?" he asks, including Gimblyn in the question.
Jul 22, 2016 8:56 pm
"Gimglyn Tumtwig Figglebauter. You can call me whatever you like... You sure are tall, I swear."

He looked up at the group and admired how tall they were compared to him. He felt like he was surrounded by walking trees, though they wouldn't make good material for making a bow. The small forest gnome jogged the name 'Black Spider' through his head to see if he recalled the name.
OOC:
Do I know the name??
Jul 22, 2016 8:58 pm
OOC:
Neither Stormsong nor Gimblyn recognize the name
Jul 22, 2016 11:49 pm
OOC:
Where's the party at in terms of hit points? I'm at 15/23 and will use Lay on Hands for 5 HP on anyone that's worse off.
Jul 23, 2016 12:21 am
OOC:
Xora's at 12/28
Jul 23, 2016 3:43 am
"Rejoyce in your stature, master spell crafter; as my people say, lightning strikes the highest mountain!
Now, let's find your dwarf friend. What do we know about this castle?"

Stormsong, accustomed to tribal life, falls right into familiarity with the group, unaware that the suddenness may make some uncomfortable.
"I know nothing of one called Black Spider. Are we looking for him, too?
Jul 23, 2016 3:55 am
I mutter to myself "Lightning will strike where it sees fit to strike. Or where I see fit to strike." I turn to Kama and give him the tiniest hint of a smile. Or it's a stare down. It's hard to tell for certain. I make my way to the front of the group, leading them away from dangerous topography so we may travel as quickly as possible. "Black spider?"
Last edited July 23, 2016 3:55 am
load next

Thread locked