Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Nov 7, 2016 5:36 pm
The orc frantically nods his head in understanding, then looks around to see if he can find the crazed little gnome.
Nov 7, 2016 5:36 pm
OOC:
Inspiration for Kama!
Nov 7, 2016 6:22 pm
Kama nods. "All right, then." Not wanting to waste the rope, Kama loosens the knot and frees the orc. "Good luck!"
Nov 7, 2016 6:37 pm
The orc springs to his feet, mutters a few thanks, and rushes away.
Nov 7, 2016 7:36 pm
I watch as the orc is freed and runs off before turning to Kama. "What next?"
Nov 7, 2016 7:55 pm
"We go back, tell the townmaster the job is done," replies Kama. "Daran will want to know about Old Owl Well and the necromancer we drove off, and Sister Garaele needs her answer from Agatha. We'll check on Gundren and see if he's okay. If he is, we'll see about his mine; if not, we still have a green dragon up in Thundertree."
Nov 7, 2016 10:10 pm
"Back to Phandalin!
Maybe I'll buy a violin or mandolin.
I'm just a has-been wearing buckskin
trying to avoid the loony bin.

Begin to spin like a thin djinn with red skin on a linchpin
I'll be in Phandalin with a big grin above my chin
Against zombies & banshees & orcsies we win
So no need to notify our next of kin."
Last edited November 7, 2016 10:10 pm
Nov 7, 2016 10:18 pm
OOC:
Inspiration to Stormsong for that whimsical rhyme!
Nov 8, 2016 1:01 am
Gimblyn skips along side the group, quietly singing his large companion's tune. "We are off to Phandalin... Zombies and chins..." The gnome lost the words faster than he thought. "Banshees are big and have red skin. Buckskins. Bins of grins..." he continued to mumble amongst himself. He stopped skipping for a moment, "I swear, Kama... It was real nice of you to let him get off so easy. He ran off good, must 'ave scared him straight!" the gnome ditched the words and decided to whistle Stormsong's rhyme.
Nov 8, 2016 6:10 am
"He would have run off anyway," admits Kama as the group heads back to retrieve their horses. "Hopefully we gave him reason enough to keep running and not come back."
Nov 8, 2016 10:46 am
OOC:
How far of a travel back? Gimblyn will be working on the bow in his free time.
Nov 8, 2016 1:07 pm
OOC:
It'll be about 2-3 days to get back to town, depending on how fast you wanna move
Nov 8, 2016 2:46 pm
OOC:
We can travel at a normal pace. Kama doesn't think there's a rush right now to get back to Phandalin.
Nov 10, 2016 4:38 pm
It takes three days, traveling first through the rolling hills back to Conyberry, and then taking your time on the trail to get back to Phandalin.
OOC:
What do you wanna do first when you get back to town?
Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm
Kama pays a visit to Townmaster Harbin to report their success with driving off the orcs. He is also curious about Sildar and the fate of Iarno and the Redbrands.
Nov 10, 2016 5:51 pm
Harbin's eyes pop wide open when you report that you've cleared out the orcs in Wyvern Tor, "Umm... well then, I suppose I had promised a reward, didn't I? Wait here," he says before moving into a back room. A couple of minutes later, he returns with two sacks of gold, "100 gold, as I said, and good enough for the work you did."

Mentioning Sildar, the townmaster sighs, "Ah yes, Sildar took Iarno and the Redbrands to Neverwinter with a caravan that left yesterday. He said that Gundren was ok, and left a note for you." He reaches into a cubby behind the desk and hands you a hand-written note:

I'm sorry I couldn't stay to let you know what I was doing, but the caravan is leaving in the morning and Phandalin doesn't have a big enough jail to house that many prisoners. I will be returning in a tenday, after I check up on some things in the city. Gundren awoke this morning and is quite anxious to speak to you all.

Sildar Hallwinter

PS. I've left a small monetary reward for all that you've done for the town. Don't let Harbin try to keep it from you!
Nov 10, 2016 5:56 pm
"Ah, good. Sildar also left something for us, didn't he?" Kama tucks the note into his vest and looks at Harbin expectantly.
Nov 10, 2016 6:01 pm
Harbin sighs and heads back into the room, coming out with significantly more gold this time, "There, you happy now?"
OOC:
You receive a total of 500 gold for saving Gundren and killing the leader of Cragmaw castle
Nov 10, 2016 6:05 pm
"Happy?" repeats Kama with a raised eyebrow. He then makes a show of deep thought and consideration. "Yes, I suppose I am, having fulfilled a promise to protect you and your citizens from internal and external threats.

"And you? You must be happy, too, with no orcs at your door and an empty jail?"
Last edited November 10, 2016 6:05 pm
load next

Thread locked