Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Nov 10, 2016 6:06 pm
"Yes, of course. Thank you, from all of Phandalin, we are in your debt," He gives the thanks grudgingly, but appears to be sincere.
Nov 10, 2016 6:13 pm
Kama smiles, genuinely, and gives a wink. "You are welcome. And I thank you, Townmaster Harbin." He departs to rejoin the group, and divides the reward amongst everyone. Kama's next destination is Daran's orchard to report on the meeting - and subsequent displacement - of a necromancer at Old Owl Well.
OOC:
150 gold for each!
Nov 11, 2016 3:56 am
Gimblyn holds his share of 150 gold pieces, they were heavier than he expected. His face lit up, "I swear, I swear! This is an excellent reward for our travels!" The forest gnome's eyes glistened from the gold. He proudly stashed the loot in his pouch. "Shall we move along then?" he spoke to the group, but was patting Kama on the back... Or more so on the side of his leg, he was rather short comparatively.
Nov 11, 2016 2:30 pm
"We must check on our friend."
Nov 11, 2016 3:48 pm
Kama nods. "I can report to the others in town on my own; it's the least I can do after making such promises to them. Why don't you see what Gundren has to say?"
Nov 11, 2016 9:22 pm
Gimblyn nods as well. "Right, we'll go check on him." He begins walking in a direction before pulling a quick U-turn. "Hrmm... Why don't you lead the way, Xora. I don't seem to know the way" The small gnome smiled and waited to follow his companion.
Nov 11, 2016 9:30 pm
You head over to the shrine to Tymora, where Gundren is being taken care of. He is pacing anxiously back and forth, but looks up as you enter. You see that he looks better than before, but still pretty bandaged up and bruised.

"There ye are! Been waitin' fer ya to get back all day!" Gundren says, "Mind explaining what's goin' on here? I been hearin' rumors, but I'd like to hear the story from the source."
Nov 12, 2016 5:06 am
Stormsong tags along with Xora and Gimblyn.

He's wondering why we're seeing this dwarf we saved, and isn't sure what the dwarf is getting at. He figures it has to do with something before he joined.
Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
I head towards where I last saw Gundren recuperating.
Nov 15, 2016 5:14 pm
OOC:
I'll play that I stopped by the temple along with the party, instead of visiting Daran alone.
"I'm glad to see you, too, Master Rockseeker," says Kama, rather genuinely despite the opportunity for sarcasm. "It is good to see you with such spirit. I hope Sildar managed to speak with you before he set off?"

While he waits for Gundren's reply, Kama glances about to see if Sister Garaele is around.
Nov 15, 2016 5:27 pm
You can't see Sister Garaele, though you can hear some soft singing coming from a nearby room, which sounds like it's probably her.

"Aye, he stopped and gave me a little bit of what happened, but said that he only knows what ye've told 'im," he says, then walks over and shakes all of your hands, "Guess I never did thank ye for pullin' me hairy backside outta the fire I put it in! Thank ye, I owe ye one. How's a 10% cut sound, when I get everything up and runnin' here?"
Nov 15, 2016 5:43 pm
"Wonderful!" says Kama, returning the shake in a warrior's clasp. "Except I have NO idea what you're setting up here! You were rather secretive when you hired us in Neverwinter, though it's safe to assume it had something to do with your map?" Kama does remember the letter from the Black Spider showing interest in Gundren's map, but has little else to go on.
Nov 15, 2016 10:13 pm
Tumtwig awkwardly shakes his hand. "Wonderful!" the little gnome smiles at Kama with his proud bubbly eyes. Gimblyn was glad they were seen as do-gooders.
Nov 16, 2016 8:57 pm
Stormsong looks from Kama to Gundren, then Gimblyn back to Gundren, finally Xora and back to Gundren.

"You guys are putting me on -- that little map? That we found under the bugbear's bed? (Note to self; save that alliteration) And I suppose it leads to buried treasure? 'X' marks the spot, of course! Ahh hahhaha!" his booming laughter echoing off the walls of the shrine.

If Gimblyn is game, they dance a little jig together, laughing it up!
Last edited November 16, 2016 8:58 pm
Nov 16, 2016 9:00 pm
"No, I'm very serious. The map ye found will lead ye to Wave Echo Cave," he explains, lowering his voice quite a bit when he gives the name of the place.
Nov 16, 2016 9:05 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to Moofsalot,CancerMan
Nov 16, 2016 9:07 pm
Stormsong pats his friend on the back after their dance, and turns back to Gundren with a smile, "Well then their might be an epic tale in the making after all!"

He wracks his brain for any legend, song, or poem about Wave Echo Cave.
Last edited November 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Rolls

History - (1d20-1)

(12) - 1 = 11

Nov 16, 2016 9:10 pm
"Oh right!" says Kama, snapping his fingers in recollection. "Sildar spoke of that when we first met him."

The half-orc turns to Stormsong and Gimblyn. "This is Gundren Rockseeker. Xora and I were hired to help bring mining equipment here so that Gundren could set up his operation, but he got captured by the goblins and bugbears under orders from the Black Spider. You guys joined us as we were searching for him."

Kama returns his attention to Gundren. "Speaking of which, don't suppose you know who the Black Spider is? Was it that shapechanger we took out at the castle? You know, they were waiting for you here, too, as they got the Redbrands looking for anyone connected to you."
Nov 16, 2016 9:11 pm
Stormsong is not familiar with the tale of Wave Echo Cave.
Nov 16, 2016 9:14 pm
"Really? Hmm... I heard me captors speak of the Black Spider, but I never seen him meself. I suppose he must be the leader of this whole mess... Probably already at the Cave settin' up to steal me operation. I don't think it was the shifty one, for the time I was awake it seemed he was working for the big boss."

Gundren takes a deep breath, "The sister here told me that me brothers is missin' right now, haven't been seen in a long time... they was waiting at the Cave for me to bring the goods and I bet they had a tangle with this Black Spider person. I don't suppose that ye could do me one more favor and see if you can take back the Cave for me and find out what happened to me brothers?"
load next

Thread locked