Character Creation and Discussion

load previous
Nov 13, 2020 10:56 pm
Qralloq says:
You'll see it on the sheet only if you install user @Adam's Chrome extension, or if you edit the sheet and then click the avatar button (top right).
Where can I find that extension?
Nov 13, 2020 11:04 pm
Okay cdwjava from the basic layout of how the mechanics for something like this might work and if I am understanding what you are stating I think Option B but to be sure I am going to flesh out a bit more of it as a possible mechanics for it just to make sure we are on the same page up.
[ +- ] Shapechanger (2 points)
Now not sure but all that extra point seems to do is remove the minor thing of not having an opposable thumb but maybe that is pretty significant within these mechanics not sure. However, would this then include having claws and bite in the hybrid form and how does having claws/bite work within the mechanics in the animal form?

Just in case it might help here is a Weretiger Informational as it is a rather pervasive mythology that could have made its way to England. However one of the mythical ways to become a weretiger sounded kind of interesting in that some believed that only people who had led a bad life and asked for forgiveness as they were dying from the wounds of a tiger would transform into this tiger-like monster. So basically a path of redemption version seems like a interesting twist to pursue.
Last edited November 16, 2020 3:58 pm
Nov 13, 2020 11:17 pm
cdwjava says:
Qralloq says:
You'll see it on the sheet only if you install user @Adam's Chrome extension, or if you edit the sheet and then click the avatar button (top right).
There is a thread discussing it. But as a Chrome extension, you can find it in the Chrome store thing.

Running that in a phone or tablet requires using a different app for your browser than Google Chrome.
Nov 13, 2020 11:18 pm
Dejoker, that looks good, thanks. I have the question posted at a Liminal group forum as well, so maybe there will be a better solution. But, for now, we can run with this and I can post it up in the Rules forum as soon as I get a chance to read through it with a more discerning eye.

Thanks!
Nov 13, 2020 11:25 pm
Qralloq says:
cdwjava says:
Qralloq says:
There is a thread discussing it. But as a Chrome extension, you can find it in the Chrome store thing.

Running that in a phone or tablet requires using a different app for your browser than Google Chrome.
Found it, thanks!

KCC

Nov 15, 2020 8:35 am
Looks like we have a

Changeling Magician
P Division Gutter Mage

Anyone have any other ideas for characters?

Someone’s considering a werewolf?

I looked at making a Warden earlier. Or a Dhampir. Close combat, or range? Decisions. Decisions.
Nov 15, 2020 9:04 am
I’m going to get my character written up and submitted today. I’m at work but it’s not as crazy as it has been so I’ll get some free time to do it

KCC

Nov 15, 2020 9:11 am
TheFoxofFinch says:
I’m going to get my character written up and submitted today. I’m at work but it’s not as crazy as it has been so I’ll get some free time to do it
Anything you had in mind?
Nov 15, 2020 9:53 am
P division gutter mage. A guy in his early 40’s, detective who has picked up some magic from working cases, mostly by necessity to survive the hidden world. He knows he has learned this "illicitly" but feels it’s a worthy risk. I’ll put in an obligation etc too

KCC

Nov 15, 2020 12:32 pm
OOC:
Here’s what I have so far
NAME: Yanric Hahn

Description/Background: TBD

Drive: To ensure the crew can go about their work safe from harm.

Focus: Tough

Physical Skills:
Shoot 3 (Speciality Bow: 1)
Athletics 2
Awareness 3 (Speciality Danger Sense 1) (+2 to Spot Danger with Sneaky)
Melee 2
Stealth 1 (3 with Sneaky)

Mental Skills:

Social Skills:
Conviction 3 (Speciality Bravery 1)

Traits:
Always Prepared 1
Sharpshooter 2
Sneaky 1
The Sight 1
Night Sight 1

Limitations:
Obliged

Emphasis
Endurance: 15
Will: 11
Damage:
Bow 1d6+4
Knife 1d6+1

Experience:
Advancement:
Last edited November 15, 2020 12:33 pm
Nov 15, 2020 3:37 pm
I submitted Eddie Edwards

Eddie Edwards
Character Sheet
NAME: Eddie Edwards

Description/Background: Eddie Edwards, a police detective, seconded to P division after a case he was working went to a dark place, and detective Constable Edwards stumbled into an arcane ritual, his eye opener to the hidden world. During the case he picked up some small talent with wards, after making a very unwise deal with a powerful entity, knowledge in exchange for a possible future favour.

Drive: To stop the hidden world from being exploited for the purposes of crime against the normal world

Focus: Magician

Physical Skills:
Awareness :: 3 + Speciality Surveillance
Melee :: 2
Stealth :: 2
Mental Skills:
Lore :: 2
Social Skills:
Streetwise ::3
Conviction :: 2
Empathy :: 2
Traits:
Ward Magic
Crude but Effective Wards
Investigator
Stone of truth
Limitations:
Obliged

Endurance: 8
Will: 10
Damage: d6+1 (Police Baton)

Experience:
Advancement:

KCC

Nov 16, 2020 2:18 am
Interesting. You’re going for Obliged too.

I wonder if I changed to "Weakness to Sunlight" would that and Night Sight be enough to invoke a Dhampir character?
Nov 16, 2020 6:57 am
KCC69 says:

I wonder if I changed to "Weakness to Sunlight" would that and Night Sight be enough to invoke a Dhampir character?
I think that or obliged would Both work well I guess it depends what sort of flavour you want
Nov 16, 2020 10:34 am
Weekend got wicked -- will try to have the nearly finished character posted tomorrow sometime
Nov 16, 2020 4:01 pm
TheFoxofFinch what do think about us being assigned as P Division Field Agent partners ? I think your magic and my more physical skills (Weretiger) ;) would be a great combination
[ +- ] Character Submission
Oh cdwjava can you allow me to post 3 characters so that I can post a different pic when the character is his different forms as this would help reduce confusion as to what form he was in when I make a post
Last edited November 16, 2020 10:31 pm
Nov 16, 2020 9:58 pm
DeJoker says:

Oh cdwjava can you allow me to post 3 characters so that I can post a different pic when the character is his different forms as this would help reduce confusion as to what form he was in when I make a post
Yes. I'll take care of that now.

I had intended to get on yesterday, but my wife's school has gone full time in-person, and I had to assemble a dozen more desks for her classroom ... who'd a thunk you could get a flippin' wrist and finger strain from screwing in some 400 bolts and screws! No keyboard action for me yesterday evening.
Nov 16, 2020 10:04 pm
KCC69 says:

It certainly can be.

One of the nice things about the game system is that it doesn't lock you into a particular trope. So long as you can keep the narrative consistent so that the traits or limitations are explained, then all is good.

In one game I ran of this, a player's Dhampir character also had a consistent desire for raw - or very, very rare red meat. While not exactly a limitation, it was a quirk that made the character unique. So, one can always add flavor to their character even if it might not qualify as a Limitation or, in some cases, a Trait.
Nov 16, 2020 10:57 pm
Clearly P Division will have some influence on the game, so we can expect a bit more work on that particular background element. It also means I will be doing a bit more research so that I can get a more accurate reflection of the modern working of The City of London Police, and the larger Metropolitan Police (Acorn, Sundance, and BBC, here I come!).

It ought to be fun!
Nov 16, 2020 11:27 pm
Still hoping TheFoxofFinch will let me know whether they'd be my in-game partner or not --- as well as to perhaps discuss how it might have come about.
Nov 17, 2020 12:37 am
Maybe Sprout Simon is a informant or or CI whatever the bobbies call such. A potato hat maybe.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.