Character Creation and Discussion

load previous

KCC

Nov 17, 2020 6:33 am
Character submitted. I didn’t realize I was last!
Nov 17, 2020 1:36 pm
DeJoker says:
Still hoping TheFoxofFinch will let me know whether they'd be my in-game partner or not --- as well as to perhaps discuss how it might have come about.
Sorry, been a crazy day at work

Yes that sounds awesome. PM each other for backstory ideas?
Nov 17, 2020 4:39 pm
KCC69 says:
Character submitted. I didn’t realize I was last!
LOL!

No worries! These are weird times, not to mention real lives.
Nov 17, 2020 6:43 pm
Hey cdwjava I have submitted the other two pictures for my character if you could accept them that wold be awesome
Nov 19, 2020 12:33 am
DeJoker says:
Hey cdwjava I have submitted the other two pictures for my character if you could accept them that wold be awesome
Done!
Nov 19, 2020 1:32 am
Question: Is everyone notified of any new posts to the game? Roleplays?

I added an NPC scene in the Roleplay Forum and don't know if it's something that people get notified about automatically.
Nov 19, 2020 1:38 am
I don't subscribe, I check often. But for that scene, do you mean the one you put up on Monday? If you just edited the post, no notification is sent for that.
Nov 19, 2020 1:43 am
Qralloq says:
I don't subscribe, I check often. But for that scene, do you mean the one you put up on Monday? If you just edited the post, no notification is sent for that.
Yes. The one on Monday. I'm just trying to get a feel for whether or not people will miss posts in the roleplay when we get going.

KCC

Nov 19, 2020 3:23 pm
Would you like us to post on the pregame roleplay forum a few times before we start. I’m assuming we post pre-crew days?
Nov 19, 2020 3:46 pm
I saw and read the post on Monday when it went up -- no notification that it got posted -- but I check the forums regularly and watch for the indicator that a new post was put up then I find the new post by following those bread crumbs ;)
Last edited November 19, 2020 3:47 pm
Nov 19, 2020 6:12 pm
Some questions ... and, once I get some direction on these, I think we can start placing people into roleplays.

Patrick McGregor ... He's a weretiger Agent with P Division and a Drive to protect others from harmful supernatural beings. Do you see him as being predisposed against Supes? Certain Supes? Does he follow the books? Or, does he 'color outside the lines' now and again?

Sprout Simon ... A changeling fortune teller seeking to uncover and avert a dark future foreseen by him. How does he make his living? Does he run a shop where he plies the trade in some way (likely seen by many humans as a charlatan)? Does he work in some other capacity? Who might he see as potential allies in his quest to uncover his future?

Eddie Edwards ... A magician Detective with P Division seeking to stop the exploitation of the Hidden World for criminal purposes against the mundane world. Much the same as with McGregor above - Does he always color within the lines? How far might he go to address criminal behavior or exploitation? Any thoughts on the nature of the "powerful entity" that enables his powers (we can keep that silent for the time being if you're not certain of it)?

Yanric Hahn ... A Dhampir Warden tasked with protecting others in the crew. Who might his employer be? Council of Merlin? Order of St. Bede? Someone else, or another group? A thought here ... He could start in the employ of Kebi Abdou. She has need of a bodyguard and has the connections and the means to afford one (and a few secrets that he might be privy to if he had worked for her for any amount of time). She might be a good place for him to start unless you have some other thoughts in mind.
Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm
KCC69 says:
Would you like us to post on the pregame roleplay forum a few times before we start. I’m assuming we post pre-crew days?
Precisely what I'd like to do!

I can get something started ... unless one or more of you have some intro pre-crew scene you have in mind? It would be a good way of getting a feel for the characters before forging a Crew.
Nov 19, 2020 7:19 pm
cdwjava says:
Some questions ... and, once I get some direction on these, I think we can start placing people into roleplays.

Patrick McGregor ... He's a weretiger Agent with P Division and a Drive to protect others from harmful supernatural beings. Do you see him as being predisposed against Supes? Certain Supes? Does he follow the books? Or, does he 'color outside the lines' now and again?
Okay by Supes I am going to assume you mean Supernaturals. So he is not against the Supes that play nicely within the mortal and supernatural realms. Still he does know it is primarily the Lupines' job to handle keeping the mortals in check while it is the Bastets' job to be Gaias checks and balances for the supernaturals. As such the Bastets watch the watchmen which includes themselves, which is why they tend to be individualists and work in secret from each other versus the more pack oriented Lupines. Still if some supernatural gets out of line it is a Bastet's job (or a the Bastets as a whole) to bring that supernatural accountability and they do this quite well.

Still Patrick is fairly new to the job. Further he is still learning while doing his best not to be considered as having gotten out of line by another Bastet and thus be held accountable. For Patrick is extremely grateful for his second chance at life and plans to get it right this time but it is not easy as that beast within does want to get out. Still considering all his past sins that seems like a rather small cross to have to bear and contend with.

That being said the Vampires, as I stated, are viewed as a parasitic infestation that needs to be eradicated but he has found he cannot judge every book by its cover and yet he is also aware that vampires are masters of manipulation. So it is extremely hard to tell when one is telling the truth or just lying to save their own pathetic parasitic skin. So he still kind of sticks with the, one less leech is one less problem in the world for him to have to deal with.

So does he follow the books - well that greatly depends on who made those books - he is dedicated to Gaia's book but from what he can tell thus far her books do not have many, if any lines, and at times coloring in one of her books turns into a work of pure impressionistic artwork that is painted in regards to the situation as it unfolds. Yeah often it contains a lot of red splatters but that is his job after all. On the flip-side he does greatly respect Eddie's guidance and believes Gaia brought the two of them together to help him not make a total mess of the artwork he has been assigned to paint.
Last edited November 19, 2020 7:21 pm
Nov 19, 2020 7:56 pm
Very nice! Thanks.

So, does Patrick McGregor answer to an Alpha? Or, a pack? Do they exert any/much influence over his activities in P Division?
Nov 19, 2020 11:04 pm
No Patrick answers to Gaia via dreams and visions as well as other Garou that are meant to keep an eye on things and help guide her children. He is a watcher and a protector but unlike the Lupine's his job is not to be group of warriors meant to take out major threats but more of sniper.
DeJoker sent a note to cdwjava
Nov 19, 2020 11:20 pm
Dejoker, got it, thanks!

KCC

Nov 20, 2020 1:13 am
"A Dhampir Warden tasked with protecting others in the crew. Who might his employer be? Council of Merlin? Order of St. Bede? Someone else, or another group? A thought here ... He could start in the employ of Kebi Abdou. She has need of a bodyguard and has the connections and the means to afford one (and a few secrets that he might be privy to if he had worked for her for any amount of time). She might be a good place for him to start unless you have some other thoughts in mind."

This sounds perfect. I can write up an intro scene involving the two. Is she someone that would send him to protect this rag tag bunch while they uncover their mysteries?
Nov 20, 2020 3:21 pm
KCC69 says:
This sounds perfect. I can write up an intro scene involving the two. Is she someone that would send him to protect this rag tag bunch while they uncover their mysteries?
Yes.

If you'd like, I can start up a scene where they meet, perhaps? Or, we can forego the actual meeting and the scene can be where he is already in her employ and there can be recollection or flashback as to how they met and how he came into her employ. The first might involve a bit of die-rolling and action, the second might be a bit more roleplay than action.

KCC

Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm
cdwjava says:
KCC69 says:
Yes.

If you'd like, I can start up a scene where they meet, perhaps? Or, we can forego the actual meeting and the scene can be where he is already in her employ and there can be recollection or flashback as to how they met and how he came into her employ. The first might involve a bit of die-rolling and action, the second might be a bit more roleplay than action.
Second one might be a safer bet. I’d just roll terribly and die before the game even started. :D

Flashbacks sound good!
Nov 20, 2020 4:46 pm
KCC69 says:
cdwjava says:
KCC69 says:
Yes.

Second one might be a safer bet. I’d just roll terribly and die before the game even started. :D

Flashbacks sound good!
Okay, I'll shoot for setting something up today (my work permitting - darn real life commitments!).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.