Interest Check: 5e custom Eberron campaign

load previous
Jan 24, 2021 7:44 pm
Mmmmno? Premise is in the original post. Mercenary company. Half-ogre runs it. If you want to be war buddies with some other PC's go for it, but my character will have expertly dodged that whole nasty affair. :)

Len

Jan 24, 2021 8:06 pm
Sure, we don't have to have a shared background. Just to be clear, my suggestion isn't in competition with the mercenary premise. The war has been over for two years, and the disbanded team would be looking for work, hence hiring on with the Ogre's company.
Jan 24, 2021 8:14 pm
We should probably wait to see who will be in what game before we plot all that anyhow.

Len

Jan 24, 2021 8:46 pm
Sounds reasonable 😁
Jan 24, 2021 9:19 pm
Yeah, I had envisioned a bunch of "nobodies" that happened to show up at the office at the same time, purely by accident, to sign on. But if two or more players decide that they'd like to have their characters share a background story, that's fine by me. In fact, since dimensional portals, planar travel, and hell even spelljammers are a thing, a character's background can have them come from any setting to gather in Eberron for this game. I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to that, but I am a huge fan of deep character backstories. Gives me lots of info with which to make the game feel more alive.
Jan 24, 2021 10:14 pm
Khulod says:
We should probably wait to see who will be in what game before we plot all that anyhow.
That is why I have been holding back

Len

Jan 24, 2021 10:43 pm
Sounds like this isn't your first time GMing a game in PbP fearhas.mackenna 😉. Do you play on other sites too?
Jan 25, 2021 4:08 am
lenpelletier says:
Sounds like this isn't your first time GMing a game in PbP fearhas.mackenna 😉. Do you play on other sites too?
You are correct and very astute. My wife and I have been running a PbP group over on RPR for just about two years. I've run a few 5e games plus a Dragon Age RPG campaign so far.
Jan 25, 2021 2:55 pm
SchadDad says:
Are we there yet?
Lol!
I want an ice-cream
Jan 26, 2021 2:50 am
*reads*
*enjoys*
*starts creating according to guidelines in hopes of selection*
Jan 26, 2021 2:54 am
annex says:
*reads*
*enjoys*
*starts creating according to guidelines in hopes of selection*
ditto
Jan 26, 2021 1:25 pm
Hi, all,

Thank you so much for your interest, excitement, and support. I have far too many applicants and, I'm sorry to have to say, I've had to turn some away.

If, as previously stated, I find that the concept is working well, I may open up a second game, in which case preference will be given to those who have already expressed interest.

Again - thank you so much!
Jan 26, 2021 5:34 pm
I didn't even get a chance to apply... :(

You do not have permission to post in this thread.