Character Generation Thread

load previous
Jan 13, 2021 3:51 am
Aldrusian says:
I can remember years ago that Chico State was rated by Playboy Magazine as the #1 party school in the nation. Does he actually grow mushrooms or are they 'shrooms? Or does anybody know the difference anymore?
He grows it all my friend, the fun and the food. Food-wise he makes a lot on lions mane mushrooms, he grows some high end stuff in a clean room there, pretty cool set up.
Jan 13, 2021 3:54 am
funfungiguy says:
[quote]But sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if we had chased the boobies to Chico...
I think the lesson here is everyone needs to slow down and take the time to chase the boobies.
Jan 13, 2021 3:56 am
WhtKnt says:
At 17, my father offered to help me finance a new car or a new computer. I often wonder what my life would have been like if I had chosen the car.
When did you end up getting your first car?
Jan 13, 2021 4:40 am
dominion451 says:
WhtKnt says:
At 17, my father offered to help me finance a new car or a new computer. I often wonder what my life would have been like if I had chosen the car.
When did you end up getting your first car?
Oh, I got a hand-me-down station wagon at 15, but this would have been MY car.
Jan 14, 2021 12:26 am
The first car I was ever allowed to drive on a regular basis was when I was a senior in High School. It was a 1952 DeSoto. That was in 1965. Now I drive a Hyundai Sonata. Probably the best car I've ever owned and I've owned a lot of 'em.
Jan 14, 2021 4:08 am
My first car was a Buick my Grandma handed down to me and it was a sweet ride, but then my dad traded a box trailer for a beat up Datsun 280z and I restored it top to bottom... The good ol' days.
Jan 14, 2021 7:50 am
My first car was a mini. Classic British car. Bought it for £80 from the spares and repairs adverts in the local paper. It had been sitting in a garage for 9 months unused. Most fun car I ever drove
Jan 14, 2021 11:30 am
Only got my license a year ago at age 31. When I was younger I didn't have the money for it (it's pretty expensive in Denmark, I reckon I paid just north of 3000 dollars for mine) and after I moved to Copenhagen it was just easier to bike or use public transportation. But with a small kid that is a major hassle, especially after moving out of the city.
Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm
3000 bux for a license?? Wow, that's wild!

You know, this is something I love about play by post, as an egocentric Californian I always assume that if someone speaks English online that they probably live down the street from me somewhere, but in reality nearly everyone I play with is scattered around the world. I think it's very cool, pbp uniting the world one adventure at a time ;)
Jan 14, 2021 6:53 pm
Yeah it amazes me that not everyone here is American or English. Literally playing with people on opposite sides of the world from each other
Jan 14, 2021 8:38 pm
Fox, I think that we're just short your entries and we can get this thing underway.

EDIT: Disregard, you just don't have them in the character sheet yet. I'll go ahead and start things off.
Jan 14, 2021 8:40 pm
Oh crap sorry I’ll put them on a sheet
Jan 14, 2021 11:57 pm
Did you guys buy armor for your characters, or are level 0 pcs usually unarmored villagers.

Never mind... if 100 coppers is 1 gold like B/X it's unlikely any of us can afford even leather.
Last edited January 15, 2021 12:01 am
Jan 15, 2021 12:21 am
You know, I didn't even ask if we could buy gear with our starting coin. I'd at least like to get some torches and a 10' pole...
Jan 15, 2021 12:32 am
That's fine. You can purchase whatever you can afford.
Jan 15, 2021 12:32 am
Yeah, just some mundane adventuring gear if we can.
Jan 15, 2021 4:17 am
I've loaded my guys with some mundane stuff. The list I chose from included Rations, a large or a small sack, torch, flask (wineskin is too expensive) and flint & steel. There may be a couple of other things but they are not essential and I find what I've listed above to be the most essential. I assume there is nothing wrong with collecting the gear of fallen comrades. And since they are comrades it means they can very easily share non-consumables like flint and steel. And I know we're all used to carrying a week's worth of food but our characters are peasants who normally get by on a single day's worth of food over a period of 3 days.
Jan 15, 2021 8:59 am
I didn’t even think of adventuring gear. I’ll see what they can afford now
Jan 15, 2021 7:06 pm
What's the coin values fr DCC; I couldn't find it in the quickstart rules book?

Is it the standard 1gp = 10sp = 100cp, like in BX D&D?
Jan 15, 2021 7:47 pm
I was just looking at the equipment lists. Sacks and candles is about all I can afford I think

I’ve outfitted all four of my funnel with a sac, chalk and candle each. Rations for the three that didn’t have them. And the two with more copper. Got a pole and a flint and steel respectively
Last edited January 15, 2021 7:54 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.