2.2 - Heyop

load previous
Apr 21, 2016 6:05 pm
Heyop spelt several long moments poised to attack but in a stalemate of sorts. Would the stranger prioritize himself and give Dagger time to escape or would he outright kill him to see if Heyop would hesitate. If he had time he could have simply switched his blaster to stun and just got Dagger to through off the stranger. As time slowly dwindled by Heyop asked the odd question, "So what did he do to get under your skin? He can be a handful but he's for the most part a 'good' person." Heyop stated trying to push out his emotions hoping the stranger would relax or hesitate giving him time to get the weapon away from his friend's neck. If it was a lightsaber it would complicate things a bit he figured.

Rolls

Emotional Distraction.

2 White Force Points

Apr 21, 2016 6:43 pm
OOC:
Can you also give me a Disciline roll against 3 purple (fear check)
Apr 21, 2016 6:45 pm
OOC:
Sure. }=3
Last edited April 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Rolls

Discipline Check with the black die from before

3 Success, 1 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Apr 21, 2016 7:32 pm
OOC:
A triumph?! I guess you showed ME who has his head screwed on tight... Lemme mull this one over.
Apr 21, 2016 7:46 pm
OOC:
Did Heyop rub the Liger's belly and make him purr?
Last edited April 21, 2016 8:20 pm
Apr 21, 2016 8:57 pm
The figure with the sword -- surely it's a lightsaber -- does not move much. Heyop feels the Force flow through him as he projects his emotions using the light side. His words get a reaction, however, as the figure turns his head to look at Heyop as he closes the distance. The sword in his hand glows and thrums with a low bass -- it is an unusual and memorable sound.

There is a rumble and bits and pieces of the ceiling cascade down. Perhaps seismic activity? The corpses near Dagger and Buddy seem incoherent and irrelevant now. Heyop isn't certain he recalls seeing them in truth which bolsters his resolve that perhaps Buddy isn't as dangerous as he seems.

As Heyop steps closer the red blade swoops up from Dagger's throat to stop scant inches away from Heyop's face. Buddy puts a foot upon Dagger's chest to hold him down. "Afraid to strike me down?" Buddy asks. "Why do you not seek to rescue your pitiful friend?"
Apr 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Heyop stares down Bud before he talks looking at the blade on him "I try not to attack someone blindly until I know the full situation. Did he bump into you and try and take something off you and you noticed? Sometimes he's a little shady but you're right he is my friend and I'm not afraid to sit you down and give you some time to think. So get your damn foot on his chest since you're giving him an opportunity to pull out his knife and stab you in the leg since he's a little shady." Heyop stated pointing with his head towards his friend. If the distraction works since Dagger wasn't immediately in danger anymore or he goes into an explanation of what happened that still seems threatening Heyop will take the opportunity to crack Bud's knuckles with his weapon, hard to hold a light saber with a busted hand....
Apr 22, 2016 8:47 pm
The lightsaber doesn't wave from Heyop's face. He will be hard-pressed to dodge an attack should it come, but he manages to keep his nerve. Buddy, for his part doesn't spare Dagger a second glance, "The whelp is unarmed and pitifully incompetent in the Force. His death with be a blessing. A more powerful user would suffer far more greatly under the whim of my superior before finally succumbing to the dark side." The boot does not move.

Buddy considers. "What is your plan? Surely not to do battle against me with that stick?"
Apr 23, 2016 6:49 pm
"Dagger doesn't have to be powerful in the Force... he got a man to jump off a bridge knocking himself out just fine the old fashioned way, by being Dagger. I mean if I knew I'd heard wind of some Dark Jedi that tried to kill someone weak in the Force and didn't realize he might be subjected to prison rules I'd be scare and try and keep a boot on him too since he's dangerous and unpredictable. His death might be a blessing to you since you underestimate him. I really don't get this whole Dark side Light side thing though. Doesn't make you stronger or weaker... just makes you different." Heyop commented candidly seeing things aren't going as he'd hoped.

"Well I guess if I thought you were superior and I was sensible or at least fearful I'd request to apprentice under you or something, not really sure how that works, there would be a few years of hazing and psychological scarring I guess if what I've heard is true and you might show me something and train me, or keep me around as a running joke, or kill me on a whim whenever... Yeah... This stick is is looking pretty good don't you think? I mean with the stick I know my odds a little better, and if my friend there is unarmed and defenseless why do you have your guard up? You didn't search him for hidden weapons and you're nervous aren't you? It's okay man we all make mistakes right? I guess I could give you my stick here if you get your boot off my friend and let him go if you really want to just talk I don't mind being obliged to listen... Deal?" Heyyop admits wiggling the truncheon in his grip.

He might be ask good as he says but he can't split his vision, Dagger should have time to at least get away. And he can probably tell there's no way I'm going to just surrender outright without a deal or a negotiation... Guess he's stuck looking to see if I do something irrational and stupid... Man I wish Dagger would do something stupid that would be a good distraction... Guess it's my turn now though.

Heyop aims for the hilt and hand of Bud trying to rely on the faith in his speed and muscle memory for a rapid cadence to through off the man's pass.

"Dagger run now! Get to the others"
OOC:
Unsure how a called shot would be but trying to strike his hand/hilt and avoid as much of the blade as I can in the process to give Dagger room to move. What would the check be? PPPBB vs my Melee Quick Strike?
Apr 23, 2016 6:56 pm
OOC:
Called shot is an aim maneuver. Add 2 SB dice to your melee attack (e.g. don't get the boost from aim). So I think it's just PPBB - but this guy is a bit of a badass so attacks will upgrade by one. so RPBB
Apr 23, 2016 7:21 pm
OOC:
Yeah I think I want to use the Aimed Tactic to disarm. Considering the situation I'd like to flip a point to upgrade my check as well, hopefully Dagger has time to move away.
"Hhhhhhhng" Heyop grunts trying to beat out Bud with speed.

Rolls

Melee Cheeck (Bra 3 Rank 0 Destiny flip for upgrade) with Quick Strike II

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 23, 2016 8:36 pm
Heyop's strike weaves about and lands true -- the lightsaber falls from Buddy's hand and there is a bright flash. When his eyes clear, Heyop finds himself in a room standing before three identical entrances. Left, center and right. Behind him, a pathway winds back and disappears around a turn.

There is no sign of Dagger, or of Buddy.
OOC:
Heyop takes one strain.
Apr 24, 2016 12:10 am
Heyop looks around putting away his weapon... well that made sense. Dagger just sitting there isn't very Dagger like. Heyop tries to figure if he's back where he was before.he went down the center path, if it looks the same he'll scratch an X in the right path and head down the path.
Apr 24, 2016 2:16 pm
Heyop walks along the right-ward path awhile. Its general feel and terrain feeling very similar to that of the center path. From time to time he glances over his shoulder, half expecting Dagger to come by again -- but that does not happen. This time, however, after a short walk he enters another scene. Someone who resembles -- but is not -- Buddy stands over a kneeling Urik, his gleaming black sword discarded nearby. Urik looks defeated and nursing a wound to his arm as he kneels before a ledge into a pit below.

The path from Heyop to Urik and his captor (let's call him Cap) is somewhat treacherous. A narrow ledge leads from Heyop's tunnel to the place where the others are. It does not appear that Cap yet knows that Heyop is here.
Apr 24, 2016 3:02 pm
Heyop blinks in the half second he breaths in he wonders if this is real or not? Is this like the Wolves? Exhaling he judges the distance trying to figure out how quickly he can get there. His hand moves to his holster. Did he plan on saving his friends everytime he thought they were in trouble regardless of if it was real or not? No one else was around so he was that guy. Besides... what would happen the time he thought it wasn't real and something happened?
OOC:
Looking to see how far it is and if a shot is possible, also how close does it look like Urik is on the pit edge to fall in?
Apr 24, 2016 4:11 pm
OOC:
A shot is possible. Urik is rather close to the edge and looks weak, it appears Cap could give him a quick shove and ditch him overboard.
Apr 24, 2016 11:22 pm
Heyop weighs the options in his head and they don't look good whatever way he thinks of taking this scenario. Exhaling he preps for the shot, as soon as hopefully tags his target he'll bark out for Urik to roll to him if he wants to live and starts the mad sprint towards Cap.
OOC:
Aiming and using Quick Strike Rank II don't know how much extra to add in for the difficulty so feel free to roll it after the fact for me if there's extra besides PP

Rolls

Blaster Light Check w/ Aiming and Quick Strike Rank II

3 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage

Apr 25, 2016 2:16 am
OOC:
Replacing your dice with mine -- I did some reading in Inquisitors last night. Woo nasty!

New roll nets out at failure (0 success), 3 advantage and a despair. *rubs hands together*
Heyop quickly fires off a few rounds -- but before he is able to get too many shots in the air, the gun kicks back. Empty. Ahead the inquisitor appears to sense the inbound rounds. Urik is given a casual kick and goes sprawling over the edge with a wordless scream and the red lightsaber of the inquisitor flashes repeatedly as close shots are casually deflected into the cave walls.

He turns to look at Heyop and smiles. "Well, well... was that worth it? It must make you so angry. Yes -- I bet it does." He kicks Urik's sword off the ledge after the departed boy and turns and walks away, disappearing out of sight around a corner with a passing, "Yes, embrace your rage..." just before he is gone.
OOC:
Do me a favor and make another 3P Discipline roll?

Rolls

Medium range - upgrade difficulty 3x

3 Failure, 1 Threat, 1 Despair

Total: 3 Failure, 1 Threat, 1 Despair

Apr 25, 2016 12:35 pm
Heyop moves towards the area in a sprint pulling rope from his bag looping it off on anything he could find before tying himself off before getting ready to climb over the side.

"I'll embrace my rage and chew his ass off once I find him alive..." Heyop mutters to himself.

You can't die on me yet kid... Heyop thinks to himself
OOC:
Did you let Keleth know the Despair logo doesn't show up? Also if I can I'd like to spend my three advantage from before to see Urik stuck on an outcropping, conscious or not but a ways down.
Last edited April 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Rolls

Discipline Check

2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Apr 25, 2016 1:11 pm
OOC:
I'll do slightly different - especially since you failed your fear roll.
Heyop moves forward, looking for a place to secure his rope. There aren't a lot of great options that fill him with confidence as he looks around. He fishes his rope out of his pack and casts about urgently for a place to secure it, focused on the task at hand. Heyop is duly startled, then when a bloody hand clasps his shoulder.

Spinning in surprise, nearly losing his own footing in the process, Heyop comes face to face with a bloody and battered Urik. Urik looks at Heyop for a long moment before saying, "Another failed test means the temple will not release you. You will wind up a dusty corpse, like the masters you saw outside."

The shock of seeing his friend pushed casually to his death...and then to come face to face with him is a bit overwhelming. Heyop suffers a setback die on all rolls until the end of his trial.
load next

Thread locked