2.2 - Heyop

load previous
Apr 25, 2016 1:44 pm
Heyop stumbles backwards looking at Urik... No not Urik. Like Dagger it looked like his friend but definitely wasn't acting like it.

Heyop searches his pack for a stimpak, "There's worse ways to go... I should have been dead a few times over already. At least it's quiet here and no animals will be dragging my corpse around for food or fun." Heyop admits eyeing Urik2 "So you're probably not Urik, he's be more moody and angry about well... everything I figure." trying to choke down the fear in his voice wondering what he would have told the others if Urik had actually died. "So do I need to use this on you or not... are you actually even hurt? Actually who the hell are you really?"
Apr 25, 2016 1:50 pm
"You should do what you think is right, of course."

Before Heyop can chime in on that one Urik adds, "Break the cycle of violence. You must let go." In a blink Urik is gone and a voice echoes around the cavern. "Trust in the Force."

Heyop finds himself, a stimpack and rope in his hands, in a room with three identical exits.
Apr 25, 2016 2:00 pm
Heyop sighs rubbing his temple with his free hand before stowing his rope. Once everything in his kit is stowed he looks around for a rock to sit on and meditate on that.

"Too bad the real Urik isn't that Sagely..." Heyop jokes to himself.
OOC:
Outside the mechanics of my force powers I think but I'd like to try and push my emotions out... about being split up, being worried of the others, fearful when I see them in danger even if they're turning out to be fakes, angered, saddened, and the emotion of the bond between our rag tag Jedi party of sorts. I'd also like to push out we don't do things the way Jedi did in the past and that's okay. Mostly pushing out my emotions of the trail so far and faith that we're capable of surmounting the odds against us, together or separated. We all have our own ways.
Apr 25, 2016 2:04 pm
OOC:
Do you want a mechanical roll to see how well you do that, or do you want to just roleplay it? I'm good either way. If you want a mechanical roll, do an average Discipline with a setback -- add a Force die and you can use white pips as success. If you wanna RP it, then -- well RP it. :)
Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm
OOC:
Seems kinda hooky... RP route.
The cave falls silent soon besides the sound of Heyop's breathing which slows over time as he calms and centers himself. Reaching out with the force and his latent ability to project emotions he pushes out the turmoil of mixed emotions he's been through since they touched down on planet. Snippets of scents, sights, and sounds filtered into emotions flood out searching out the others. Feelings of worry when they were split, fearful each time he saw one of them in danger in his own trails, anger that they tested him by hurting his friends and calling them week, saddened by the thought he couldn't always protect everyone or help them. This emotion leaves a pit in his stomach remembering the battered Urik half dead staring back at him with eyes that had seen many deaths like his not the eyes of a young man full of confusion and hate trying to find himself and his identity.

He inhaled deeply before he pushed through all these things and the emotions and let them settle and accept it not deny them. They were apart of him and he accepted it. He pushed out finally a feeling of warmth... Faith... Hope... Faith in everyone's abilities, Dagger's uncanny luck and recklessness, Csillag's voice of reason and caution at times, Kaveri's hunter instinct and bloodlust, Urik's passion and his rage. They weren't a cohesive military unit, they weren't the Jedi the Holocrons at the Temple were use to. They were just people living their life and trying to do good a little at the time. They might stumble but they rarely lost their way. Heyop had forgotten that once they had split up. They weren't just hear to find crystals they were here for something more. What it was and the full impact it would have he wasn't sure. He had faith and knew they would accomplish what they needed to all the small things and worries wouldn't be ignores but they should fixate on them.

Heyop opened his eyes slowly and stood shouldering his pack. Recharged spiritual he didn't have any delusions things would be any easier but there were things they had to do, things he had to do.

"Time to get to work..." Heyop stated aloud to the group unseen and to himself in a way as he looked for a new path to forge forward towards the goal and the others.
OOC:
That seemed cheesey so: For a laugh Click.
Last edited April 25, 2016 2:36 pm
Apr 26, 2016 12:24 am
Heyop instinctively walks through the left-hand, and last door for him to try in this room. He finds himself in a small domed room -- it is dark, but in the center there is a blue circle which glows with an otherworldly luminescence. In the center of the circle is Csillag. Kneeling. Behind her stands Cap once more. "Ah. A third friend. How will you fail to save this one, jedi?" The last word is spat out like a epithet.

Heyop recalls Urik's words after the last trial and his encouragement to break the cycle of violence.
Apr 26, 2016 1:02 pm
Heyop looked around the area, it was different than the rest. Looking to Cap he shrugged his arms going behind his neck as he stretched, "Well we've tried that already twice and it didn't go so well, it's kind of my knee jerk reaction though so I guess now will be a chance to try something different." Heyop commented rubbing his chin with the palm of his hand. He realized he needed to shave.

"So I've been looking around and immediately see someone in danger and I go to defend them. And I fail to save them. You constantly stated them to be weak and in truth I've probably been thinking the same for some time, that's why I rush to 'save them'. But in truth do they really need saving from you? By me? If they were really helpless wouldn't I be finding them stuck trying to stick their hand in a crevice or on the ground in a heap from tripping over their own feet and such? Are you really just trying to get me to start looking at the big picture maybe? What's really going on instead of falling into a normal routine of being a soldier where I look for enemies to kill and objectives to be taken, disabled, or destroyed? My friends aren't me and I'm not them but I guess in the end I think they'll be alright... Now I think I should probably try and look at the big picture now and figure out what's really going on here." Heyop theorized before hooking the glowrod to his padded vest and putting both his hands out empty with his palms out.
OOC:
I disbelieve! What do I roll to use the force to discern reality (In Dungeon World this is 2d6 + Wis Bonus)
Apr 26, 2016 3:59 pm
OOC:
Not sure, tbqh -- but you could use discipline -- and roll a force die and use white pips for success.
Cap looks at Heyop and says, "Ugh. I see the inclination for moralizing and mindless chatter hasn't died out with the Jedi." Nonetheless, he does not move and Csillag remains subdued.
Apr 26, 2016 4:12 pm
"And you seem to be just as surly as my old drill sergeant to be honest." Heyop counters.
OOC:
Added the Set Back Die you can roll the P&Rs since I'm unsure how hard this is.

Rolls

Discipline Check

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 3 Advantage

Apr 26, 2016 9:30 pm
Heyop attempts to see through what is before him, but it remains stubbornly present and real. His mind replays the words, "break the cycle of violence". Heyop realizes he faces a puzzle that demands he free his friend without resorting to violence.
Apr 26, 2016 10:14 pm
Wait... is he staring at me without blinking? Is he smirking? Heyop thought to himself.

"Uh so you don't really like to do small talk and I don't reall do a good job of it. I don't think I'm suppose to resort to violence... so you uh... Want to make a deal?" Heyop finally stammers after a long awkward silence with a shrug and attempts to smile.
OOC:
I'd like to use my three advantage for a boost die against this salty old guy. You can roll the difficulty.

Rolls

Negotitation Check

4 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage

Apr 26, 2016 10:22 pm
OOC:
Noted -- I may or may not use the roll. Let's see how this pans out.
"What kind of deal, precisely?"
Apr 27, 2016 12:35 am
I probably should have thought about that first... Heyop thinks

"Well I'm not sure what you are. Are you a Holocron testing people that are worthy or not worthy but definitely not Jedi? You don't like to talk it seems but well you talk a lot, you haven't actually done anything really evil in truth either. I could let you know about the empire and how they'll killing off all jedi it seems if you like... But I think you just don't like small talk... with people you think are incompetent I take it. If you like arguing and you're not bound here I can get you someplace you can talk to an academic or militant Jedi. I don't know what you want really, it's cold, dark, and humid down here, you have anything you're looking for?" Heyop offered.
Apr 27, 2016 12:50 am
As Heyop speaks, Cap shakes his head in disbelief. "I am no holocron. I am an Inquisitor. I hunt down and either subdue Force users for the use of my master, or I slay them. I might be willing to trade one relatively weak in the Force with one who has shown more... spine. Even if the other one has been a little slow of the mark. I'm sure my master would prefer a more... resilient subject. The others tend to die."
Apr 27, 2016 12:14 pm
"In that case let the lady up and on her way. She has better things to do than deal with you." Heyop states, "We all die eventually Inquisitor. I wonder though do you fear it?"
OOC:
Attempting to push every memory of the emotions of death from being a soldier, seeing animals mangled from failed poachings and almost dead from illegal hunting where they didn't bother with the dying.

Rolls

If you've seen what I've seen (Using Influence)

1 Black Force Point

Apr 27, 2016 2:28 pm
OOC:
For clarification -- what do you mean by 'push'? Are you trying to put the negative emotions in to Cap? For context -- if you draw on the dark side of the Force to do that (which is the only way to do that) you'll get a Conflict point, and it may be considered by your test to be contraindicated to draw on the Dark Side while you're being tested. :)

For some more context -- Heyop is being tested in his assumption that he can act to make everything alright all the time and get to a just outcome.
Apr 27, 2016 2:38 pm
OOC:
Influence is an odd power I think but I figure Heyop influences others emotions using his own experiences to imprint emotions, happy (fluffy slightly drunk like state), depression sadness (pit in your stomach), etc. Hmm I'm okay with the conflict point and the repercussions, I have a follow to RP once I see the results.
Apr 27, 2016 6:21 pm
OOC:
Ack - Influence is odd. To clarify -- are you attempting to send negative emotions to a practitioner of the Dark Side? From a system standpoint it's important to differentiate between 'positive' versus 'negative' emotions here. I will state that feeding despair or fear into a follower of the Dark Side feels a little like empowerment. :)
Apr 27, 2016 6:24 pm
OOC:
I guess I did.
Apr 27, 2016 6:29 pm
OOC:
OK. I'll try and get an update up this afternoon. In meeting land right now.
load next

Thread locked