1.2 - Shopping Trip

load previous
May 3, 2016 6:11 pm
Indeed. Indeed. I can underssssstand your hesssitation. Just know, this stone is quite rare. It's a gem found inside of a volcano. Only forms under the highest of heats and pressssssures. You may not find an item like this anywhere else. At least not for ssssuch a reasonable price, he says, grinning a little. He then slowly closes the case and clasps it shut, putting it back into the vault. He spins the lock around to reset it and turns back.

Are there any waresssss I can interessssst you in? I am a man of busssssinessss. My time isssss money, he says.
May 3, 2016 6:12 pm
"What's the going rate on these health and repair stims?" Mack asks, conversationally.
May 3, 2016 6:27 pm
"The stims are one hundred GCsssss each, for your standard grade stims", he says, and then points higher up on the shelves, "There are also higher quality stimssss for a thousand GCsssss."
OOC:
The difference game wise is 2d4+2 or 4d4+4 healed.
May 3, 2016 10:24 pm
"Kessel, Breech? What do you guys think?" Mack waves at the various and sundry. "Definitely some interesting items that might be of interest when we have a little more money to invest in gear. But given the relatively modest state of our nest egg, I'm loathe to shell out too much coin. Maybe half a dozen or so stims and another half a dozen or so auto-repair kits?"
May 3, 2016 11:14 pm
Breecha's acceptance of the plan is shown through his flickering optics.
May 4, 2016 2:10 am
Very well, which quality would you like. Sssstandard, or the upgraded premium?, he asks, eyeing the robot again.

Of coursssssse. If you wanted everything sssso far a barter could be in order?, he inquired, now visibly flicking his head in Breecha's direction.
May 4, 2016 4:47 am
"Uh no. Breech is not for sale. One assumes he'd let us know if he'd like to hang out with a higher class of persons than we represent." Mack looks over the Kessel and adds, "I was thinking of the standard stims. The upgraded ones seem nice and all, but the order of magnitude cost increase for what is reputed to be merely double the effectiveness seems like too stiff a markup." He looks back at Kessel, "You interested in anything else bud? Or do we make a wishlist and see if we can't double or triple the size of our nest egg before we come hunting around for the specialty goods?"
May 4, 2016 6:31 am
"Oh, we've got the creds. But I believe standard stim is worth 50 GC's only. I'm not sure our friend here values his good standing with Tymora very much. Such is the price of business, I suppose." Kessel shrugs, and turns as if to leave, "We'll make our purchases elsewhere. Thank you for your time."

Rolls

haggling - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

May 4, 2016 10:30 am
You see his dark green scales bristle a bit at the accusation. Doesssss thissss shop look like a Gnoll-Mart to you? Those in a line of work sssssuch as yours should value thosssssse who go out of their way to maintain sssuch a level of secrecy and sssssecurity. If you would prefer there issss a nice little Stop-And-Shop about three blocksssss up. I'm sure they would be happy to keep a paper trail of all of your purchassssses for you.

He crosses to the large vault-like door that you entered in and pushes it open. Gesturing as if to say 'feel free to leave anytime'.
May 4, 2016 10:44 am
OOC:
I will say you do know you can find those standard stims fairly cheaply elsewhere. Even with more reputable corporate businesses. Though he also makes a point that all of those places keep detailed purchase records of everyone. But their prices can't be beat!
May 4, 2016 4:17 pm
OOC:
Is inter-team communication blocked inside this apparent null zone? Comms from Breecha to Kessel's implants, for example.
Last edited May 4, 2016 4:18 pm
May 4, 2016 4:19 pm
OOC:
That can probably work on a local system. You certainly can't communicate outside of this room as of now.
May 4, 2016 4:24 pm
Breecha's optics flicker as he studies the lizardman. However, he is really communicating to the team with a short-wave signal to their implants. The words are audible in his typical monotone, or appear as scrolling dot-matrix text on HUDs. ASSESSMENT: Cost Of Materials Include Maintenance Of Interpersonal Relationship Between Business Partners. ADVISORY: Purchase Supplies To Establish Goodwill And Future Access.
May 4, 2016 5:54 pm
Mack nods, receiving the message. "A half dozen stims and a half dozen auto-repair kits it is. We've got the funds -- and respect your ability to keep the merchandise clean and off the books. Some of the other items you offer are very tempting, but we think we should be working to build up our capital a bit before we dive in. I hope you wouldn't mind if we returned when we had a bit more credit to flow for some of the other items, assuming they were still in stock, of course."
May 4, 2016 6:26 pm
The lizard man's expression picks up a bit and a smile cuts a swath through the middle of his face. Of course, of course. And for Tymora's boysssss, I'll even cut you a little deal. 6 healing stimsss, 6 auto-repair stimsss. 1000 creditsssss., he says, now addressing only Mack.

My vault will always be opened and sssstocked, though rare antiquities may come and go, he says as he jots down the order in an old fashioned parchment notebook. The faded words "Invoice" at the top. I will send the bill to Tymora to take care of.

He grabs 6 of each stims and tosses them in a case for you. His smile still wide from a completed transaction. He is about to turn to hand you your goods, then stops to look at Mack and Kessel again, he then turns back and adds a burst-fire addon for a pistol into the container, For future busssssinesssss and good will, a little gift for you.

He then hands you the bag and shows you to the door, much less annoyed at this point.
May 4, 2016 6:45 pm
Mack will take the bag with his thanks and add, "Do let us -- or Tymora know -- if there's something we can help you with in the mean time." He'll head out to the door and into the front of the shop without looking back. Though a little sad he's leaving the obsidian behind...
May 4, 2016 6:47 pm
Breecha is the last to leave as he follows Mack and Kessel out.
Last edited May 4, 2016 6:48 pm
May 4, 2016 7:00 pm
As you make your way back to the shop and outside the lizard man is walking alongside Mack, suddenly much more buddy-buddy with him. I'm sure I will sssssee you again in no time for the focusssss kit. A gun mage such as you desssssserves the besssst, eh?

After some small talk on the walk back to the shop you find yourself out of the shop into the still bright day. It was hard to judge the passage of time in the vault, but it seems to only have been an hour or so. After your devices and implants have reconnected to RAIN you hear PHANTOM chime in, There you are. Where did you go? You vanished in that shop. How did things go? Did you mention the scar?. The AI prattles on far less concerned with answers so much as making up for lost quip time.

With his chatter you almost don't hear it as you approach the van, but Breech-a is the first to hear it. A shrill female scream pierces the day. It seems far away and yet to reverberate from all over. You can't quite pinpoint it the first time, and a few minutes pass without any other sound. Then you hear it again, coming from an ally way near you, your certain this time. Another shrill scream. This time both Mack and Kessel hear it as well.

What do you do?
May 4, 2016 7:07 pm
Breecha remains where he is, awaiting orders.
May 4, 2016 7:08 pm
OOC:
If you don't already have it Breecha, you get an inspiration point for being so convincingly robotic.
load next

Thread locked