1.2 - Shopping Trip

load previous
May 4, 2016 7:09 pm
On the way out of the shop, Mack hands three of the healing stims to Kessel (securing the rest upon his person) and asks Breech for a place to install the auto-repair kits so they'll be handy for him to initiate upon need (ensuring three of these get into his inventory). "Do you want this pistol modification now, Breech?" If so, he'll have handed that over to the warforged to do with as he sees fit.

With a press on his key fob and a boop-boop from the van, Mack has his hands on the door when he hears the scream. He sighs heavily, opens the door to toss the rest of the bag (with 3 auto repair kits and possibly the pistol mod) in and, with a press on the fob locks the door once more.

"Suppose we should look into that, boys?"
Last edited May 4, 2016 7:09 pm
May 5, 2016 8:55 am
As they leave the shop and are about to mount up Kessel apologizes to everyone. "Hey I'm sorry I almost mucked it all up back there. I was trying to bluff the guy, not insult him--" but he is interrupted by the screaming. "On it, boss." Kessel in response to Mack. He sends O.W.L. zipping in the direction of the screams.
May 5, 2016 1:46 pm
O.W.L. is the first the set off after the sound. It swoops down from it's place doing general observation over the store and group and darts into the alleyway. Kessel is able to keep a small window open on his ocular display showing the camera feed from the drone. It zips a few turns down this alley way as another scream pierces through, this time shouting the word 'help'.

You also hear a variety of other strange noises that start coming up. One sounds like the roar of a lion. Another sounds like a car alarm. Another yet sounds like gunshots. You even hear a loud clap of thunder on what is, as of now, an entirely blue sky day. Not a cloud in the sky.

[passing a note to Kessel]

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
May 5, 2016 2:21 pm
"Elven woman being mugged by four Kenku. All armed with knives and pistols. Down that alleyway. C'mon!" Guided by O.W.L.'s video feed, Kessel leads the group down the alley.
OOC:
If we have to go single-file here I suggest Breecha out front, with Kessel right behind.
Last edited May 5, 2016 2:57 pm
May 5, 2016 3:05 pm
It won't necessarily be single file, when you arrive at the dead-end I mentioned, you will be able to be in whatever formation you would like to be.
May 5, 2016 4:11 pm
Breecha complies with the directive and helps lead the way into the alley, following the guidance of O.W.L. and Kessel. The construct currently is only armed with his shield and mace, having left his pistol and shotgun in the van as a precaution against openly showing firearms in public.
May 5, 2016 5:17 pm
"You want my piece, Breecha?" says Kessel, grinning, as he offers his SMG to the battle droid. "I'm feeling like I'm going all magic-fingers on this one."
May 5, 2016 5:26 pm
"ADVISORY: Retain Firearm As Secondary Weapon," Breecha monotones. "ASSESSMENT: Indication Of Civilian Target Warrants Intervention With Protective Barrier." Almost as if to drive home the point, he locks his shield into place as the group nears the area.
May 5, 2016 6:46 pm
Breecha's tactical assessment is, as always, right on point. Kessel returns the firearm to its holster and considers how best to snatch up the civilian while his companions engage the hostiles. Breecha is probably right, the best option is probably to have the battle droid protect her while Kessel, Mack and Preserver take out the Kenku. "PHANTOM.Nimbus," Kessel says into the coms, "What intel have we got on Kenku in general? Anything we can exploit. I'm patching O.W.L.'s video feed through to you so you can run these particular birdmen through facial recognition, see if we can get I.D. and gang affiliations."
May 5, 2016 6:47 pm
Mack unlimbers his pistols.
OOC:
I really need to buy my second level spells ASAP to see if any I might pick up are appropriate. I should also note what spells I have prepped in my ammo after each rest somewhere -- I'll put that into my notes section.
May 7, 2016 2:31 pm
"So -- do we go in shooting or do we try and warn 'em off first?" It's clear by his tone of voice that Mack prefers the shooting idea, though he doesn't really like the idea of just shooting a bunch of people. Still he much prefers not being shot.
May 10, 2016 1:19 am
Phantom chimes back over the comms. Looks like a low-status gang. There are a number of roaming gangs of kenuku. If you approach the way you are heading you will actually show up behind them at the other end of the clearing.

Remember guys, these are a non-vocal bunch. The communicate with sounds and phrases they mimic. Reasoning with they may be...difficult. Good luck.
May 10, 2016 5:38 am
Breecha begins to call up from memory the various sounds and phrases heard over the years. Admittedly, not a lot of space was dedicated to such, but putting whatever he finds to RAM will hopefully come in handy.
May 10, 2016 7:07 pm
"Hrm. I guess it's a show of force then." Mack adds, wistfully, "I really could have used that sleep bullet I left back at the garage." He casually paws through his available ammunition, hmming to himself. "I could try and freeze one or two of 'em in place as a kick off? Perhaps that will get them to back down? Or are we basically consigned to killing these things?"
May 10, 2016 7:17 pm
Breecha will obey whatever orders are given. He draws his mace as they near the site of conflict.
May 10, 2016 11:31 pm
"Whatever works, yeah? It's not like we're getting paid."
May 10, 2016 11:59 pm
Mack sighs, "Good point. Maybe it's a rich, grateful elf."

Mack readies a Hold Person bullet and says. "Ok guys, when you're ready, let's do this thing. Breech -- be ready to put them down."
May 11, 2016 3:40 am
OOC:
Coming in the alley way you will have a surprise round on these Kenku as they aren't facing you. I'll let you take your actions in whatever order.
May 11, 2016 3:57 am
Mack will come around the corner and raise his pistols. Using his Hold Person bullet he will fire it at whomever looks like the bossiest of the kenuku or, failing that, the one that looks like it's threatening the elf the most. He adds in a slow drawl, "Alright you crazy critters -- step away from elf and go about your business..."
May 11, 2016 7:09 am
Breecha takes one step forward with his right foot, planting it hard with both mace and shield wide, announcing his arrival. He then strides forward and plants his left foot equally as hard, bringing the shield in front with mace readied behind, announcing his intention. As the dust settles about him, the optics glow and hum with intensity and purpose.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

load next

Thread locked