1: What a strange view

load previous
Jun 8, 2021 6:49 pm
Galdr says:
OOC:
Glad to hear she's lost her fever and happy early birthday to her!

Thanks! Given that we are using sorcery points for fuel, I wanted to have an estimate for how much we need to keep this ship functioning.
OOC:

I am glad that you did the mathemagics, because I just ballparked it :D
Jun 8, 2021 7:10 pm
OOC:
Glad to hear it. I was beginning to worry
Nirion looks around after putting up his sigm trying to catch sight of the others. they can't be that far away....rightm
Jun 9, 2021 5:17 am
There is a sign securely warning anyone not to enter the artificer's workshop. (do to exposed arcane warhead and bug infestation)

The call to meet in the messhall is an easy one to heed, and soon all of you are gathered in the big common room.
Jun 9, 2021 10:57 am
As the crew gathered, the aged elf surveyed them once more. This is not his imagined staff for a mythical vessel sailing the heavens. Yet, the assortment had proven capable, and that is perhaps what they required to survive. He addressed them,

"The last slumbering captive has awakened. I'll let Tonic properly introduce himself. However, before he does and you relate what you have found, I shall confirm some things. This Helm powers the ship, and we in turn power the helm. The relationship of the helmsman to the vessel is entropic. The vessel will demand much of our art to refill its reservoir, but once filled we may siphon only a portion of our strength each day aboard. Today we should drain our remaining mana into the vessel. From then on, I ask the least from those who have no mana recovery techniques, and only the limit of that recovery art of those who do. This should convey us at a considerable speed through the gaps between realms."

He paused and then asked, "What did you find in the restricted room?"
Jun 9, 2021 1:51 pm
A trap. A bomb. Lots of bugs.
Jun 9, 2021 2:37 pm
"Found a recipe for blue paint! Needs bugs."
Jun 9, 2021 3:00 pm
"I should clarify. The room on the upper stern deck. I had purview of the disaster awaiting us in the artificer's workstation. That remains to be dealt with, but thankfully the aberrative bugs have perished."
Jun 9, 2021 10:08 pm
"Heh, well it seems like every time we kill a bug, three more come crawling outta the walls to replace them! We also found this great map." he says as he sprawls it out onto one of the mess hall tables. "Not sure where we are now, but here's home." He points to the planet marked "Realm".

After placing the map on the table in view of everyone, Leo gives a humble wave and a large smile of greeting towards the newcomer Tonik, "Greetings, my name is Lopeiros, you can just call me Leo though, happy to meet you here. I suppose you don't have any ideas on where we are, huh?" he says cheerfully.
Last edited June 9, 2021 10:08 pm
Jun 10, 2021 2:50 am
Nice to meet you Leo, I'm Tosslestand Faerebasomnik, but most people just call me Tonik. I'm a ship doctor by trade, taking care of the ships and their crew. I come from a family of artificers but unlike them I've specialized in alchemy to learn more about healing. If any of you have a few minutes later, you could show me around, maybe I'll be able to find a few of my old equipment, but I'm especially curious about that artificer workshop. I could probably be able to use a few of the tools there. Also, I'll be honest and admit I'm pretty curious about that bomb... Speaking fast, he seemed to have said all that in one breath...
Jun 10, 2021 4:13 am
Khezzik nods vigorously. "Yah, yah. Tonik should look at bomb. Built with pseudomagical gubbins, very hard to take apart without artificer know-wots. This one will watch."
Jun 10, 2021 6:48 am
Tonik is led to the artificers workshop. There are a good amount of blue bugs scurrying around, but mostly away from anyone who enters.

There some cabinets along the wall, one seems to be a potion crafting station.
But what has everyone's attention is the arcane warhead on the center table .
OOC:
To disarm the bomb safely and recover the items, its a Tinker's tool + INT check DC 20.
To throw the bomb overboard it is a DEX check DC 8. Can be done with mage hand without risk to the bomb tech
Tonik finds his tools and non-magical equipment in the room, without any trouble.
OOC:
Some of your magic equipment is here to, but I'll my notes are at home, so I have to back to you on that one.

Rolls

Tonic, gnome artificer (D&D 5e): Investigation - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Jun 10, 2021 10:45 am
Leo isnt sure how to help with the warhead, but taps Tonik on the shoulder for guidance.
OOC:
Add the number below to a skill check Tonik makes

Rolls

Guidance - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Jun 10, 2021 11:49 am
OOC:
I'll wait to see which of my items I find before rolling anything, in case I find anything that could be useful.
Jun 10, 2021 12:53 pm
Tonik finds his infused bag of holding that holds all his common gear. His Robe of useful items has been transformed into a vest, that the corps is wearing. His trusted all-purpose tool, is nowhere to be seen. But there is one very similar, that is of a very tentactler design.
OOC:
remember that he needs to attune to the all purpose tool +1
[ +- ] patches

Rolls

number of extra patches - (4d4)

(3221) = 8

what patches - (8d100)

(670453990737137) = 431

Jun 11, 2021 11:20 pm
Turner spent more time moving noodles across her plate than attuning to the mounted gun. Focus was hard to maintain when the wizard had drained most of her magical reservoir into the ship. Not to mention finding yourself trapped from home. Oh, why fight it, everyone would be better served if she was able to focus. Maybe with a bit of rest her mind would be able to clearly analysize the problems the group was facing allowing her contributions to be meaningful. Thus, the wizard pushed to her feet before padding back to the bunks looking forward to some restoration.

Uncurling from the more natural fetal position than when she was stored, Turner slowly opened her eyes as she stretched her arms over her head with a moan escaping. It would take some time getting use to the outside view not holding a glowing warm orb. As Turner's gaze traveled around the room, she suddenly sit up in the bunk hitting her head. A word Mrs. Watson would not approved passed over the wizard's lips as she scrambled from the bed. The body that had been there earlier was gone! He must have awoke and now wandering the ship. The others needed to be informed!

Traveling the hallway in a less than dignified pace, Turner quickly searched until she found a number of her crewmates in the artificer's workshop. He's awake! The last victim of the kidnapping! He's probably... Turner stopped mid-sentence as Leo shifts enough for the wizard to take in the view of a tan man with distinctive facial features...well those not covered by bushy eyebrows or facial hair. Straighting her spectacles, well... he could be right here. Apparently you have already met the acquaintance of my current colleagues, I am Wizard Paige Turner Buch.
Last edited June 12, 2021 2:51 am
Jun 12, 2021 12:25 am
Nirion watches everything and everyone with interest. No one ia behaving like the ...proper cloistered scholars he is used to
Jun 12, 2021 6:04 am
RECAP
You have now fully explored the ship - and found the previous crew is all dead.

You have learned that they use others to fule the ships. It runs on magic, measured in sorcery points. They kidnapped you guys, have you have been fueling this ship for some time before waking up.

You have learned that they were overrun by the blue mana bugs, some were eaten alive, some tried to fight the bugs with a cloud kill wand and miscalculated the volume. occ: The bugs laid eggs in the first officer, and burst out of him. Then they eat the doctor and multiplied even more. The Mindflayer had some tadpoles he was getting ready to use on the crew, but they survived by infecting a bug for themself, and thus formed the purple commands and control bugs.

You have learned that they are pirates and they attacked a dwarven ship carrying the remains of a dwarven hero - including his legendary ax.

You have found the artificers workshop where he, the Mindflayer, was working on an arcane warhead. One that could be fired from the ship's ballista, destroying Nirions bag of holding and a portable hole in a spectacular event.

You, well mostly Takeshi, have learned how to work the helm, and right now the ship Morbius, is pointing towards a celestial body. A gray orange dot. The ship is not moving

You have found most of your gear, but some of the magic artifacts have been sold off by the crew.
OOC:
Have I missed anything?
Jun 12, 2021 7:47 am
OOC:
Did nothing of Turner's survive?
Jun 12, 2021 7:58 am
CherokeeWind says:
OOC:
Did nothing of Turner's survive?
OOC:
Thank you for spotting that. I have been looking through my notes, but I can't find the 4 uncommon items that Turner had before her abduction. Is there a list? Should I find something for her or do you have an idea of what kind of magic items she would have?
Jun 12, 2021 3:41 pm
OOC:
I really do enjoy the ill-fated crew of this vessel, and I wished I hadn't killed the tad-bugs. But I didn't want to have to wipe the mana bugs completely. Illithi-mana bugs would have been cool to watch molt and grow. Kudos for this setup!
load next

Thread locked