1: What a strange view

load previous
May 18, 2021 6:35 am
Galdr says:
OOC:
Does the ship have an "intercom" system?
OOC:
There are no intercom system
May 18, 2021 9:57 am
Everything nearby gets pulled into another plane
May 18, 2021 11:51 am
runekyndig says:
Galdr says:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
Then I anxiously await Akio's transport of said crystal. :'D
May 18, 2021 12:15 pm
Khezzik considers what Nirion is saying. "So... how big is nearby? Whole ship? Just bugs and skellington? Maybe not bad, if not too much boom..."
May 18, 2021 12:22 pm
Galdr says:
runekyndig says:
Galdr says:
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:
Then I anxiously await Akio's transport of said crystal. :'D
OOC:
I am not doing this to be unfair. This was already planned at the beginning
When Takeshi gets his crystal from Akio, he sees that the psi crystal has been changed. As he mentally touches the crystal, it feels dead. Someone has tinkered with the crystal, both physically but also the psychic matrix within the crystal has been changed. Clearly someone with strong psychic abilities.

Takeshi is fairly certain that his crystal is broken beyond his ability to repair.

Rolls

Takeshi: Arcana +10 - (1d20+10)

(5) + 10 = 15

May 18, 2021 2:40 pm
OOC:
The build up to the Illithid Artificer is starting to feel like Jaws music should play in the background :O ...
Takeshi frowns at the destruction of his tool. This artificer appears to have been both powerful and foolish. He maintains his concentration on the spell poised to protect the party members around the workshop.
OOC:
No worries. I don't take it personally. Continue to concentrate on Thunder Wave to unleash if the swarms move for the hatch.
May 18, 2021 4:33 pm
I don't know for sure. I just know it's a bad udea...
May 18, 2021 9:50 pm
Quote:
OOC:
The build up to the Illithid Artificer is starting to feel like Jaws music should play in the background :O ...
OOC:
That is a terrifying thought, and it's probably true, but I'm gonna pretend it's not and hope it isn't.
"Yeah, heh. Maybe we shouldn't mess with it just yet. We already got trapped in one strange locale, let's avoid getting thrust into another." Leo backs away from the room, "Perhaps we should check out what's above before we go messing with big bombs, though I did spot a note in there that reminded me of the writing on the King dwarf's coffin. Did you grab that Khezzik, Nirion?"
Last edited May 18, 2021 9:50 pm
May 19, 2021 3:07 am
"Okey doke. Bugs will keep. Now know how to summon all to one place. Maybe bugs happy to have eaten, stay there for a bit." Khezzik moves to close the door, but Leo's mention of the note stops him. "Didn't see note. Where is? Will fetch."
OOC:
Khezzik will summon an invisible Mage Hand to pick up and retrieve the note when Leo points it out.
May 19, 2021 8:27 am
Khezzik uses his invisible Mage Hand to grab visible notes and papers inside the artificer's workshop. A bug falls of the table and he moves the notes. The swarm reacts and rushes to the spot but finding nothing it dispurses again.
Even if mage hand is invisible the bug's carapaces light up as they conduct some of the magical energy, making it easy to see the general area where the hand is.

Leo can see that there is some organisation in this swarm and he suspect that the purple bugs might have something to do with it

Khezzik retrieves these of the artificers notes.
[ +- ] Note 1
[ +- ] Note 2
[ +- ] Note 3
[ +- ] Note 4

Rolls

A: Lopeiros: Animal Handling - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

May 19, 2021 1:28 pm
OOC:
Do the purple bugs look tadpole like?
May 19, 2021 4:37 pm
Galdr says:
OOC:
Do the purple bugs look tadpole like?
OOC:
The purple ones are bigger. Something could have entered a blue bug and made it larger....
May 20, 2021 6:24 am
"Ah, notes are just workings-out for dwarf-coffin inscription. Could be handy if other dwarf stuff turns up, maybe."

Khezzik continues reading through the papers. "These more interesting! Boil bugs and crush to make magic paint, makes sense. Better keep some bugs around, then. Also don't cross the lines, though doesn't say why split mana usage is bad... but maybe something to do with why Battery died, whatever that is."
May 21, 2021 9:53 am
Tonik wakes up in a bunkbed. Some time ago the others examined the gnome and jostled his headband. Now the band has slipped off and the enchantment that kept him sleeping has worn off.

As he gets up from the bed, he finds his everyday clothes, but all his equipment and magical devices are missing. He can hear noices from above and from the common room to his left.
May 25, 2021 11:52 am
The elf mentally expended mana, releasing a volley of arcane dragons into the purplish creatures. While he hoped to obtain a specimen for study, he did not desire to have them overrunning the ship...
OOC:
Magic Missile the purple bugs

Rolls

Magic Missile Force Damage - (3d4+3)

(142) + 3 = 10

May 25, 2021 1:06 pm
Khezzik, Nirion, and Leo witness something strange. They can see into the artificers workshop, where the swarm of bugs is reading an ambush. In the walls and sealing, as many other places on the ship, the blue lines are glowing, but now something is traveling through the lines and 3 arcane dragons springs forth and zips around the room.
They fly under tables or behind furniture, where it strikes something with forceful sposh and a short-lived purple flair.

The swarm changes behavior, it is not obvious at first, but there are more bugs that peak out now.
May 26, 2021 9:36 am
Nirion backs away rubbing his injuries. were his potions in his things or taken?
May 28, 2021 7:22 pm
The_Librarian says:
Nirion backs away rubbing his injuries. were his potions in his things or taken?
Inside the artificers workshop is a cabinet with glass partitions. Through it, you have seen a potion brewing setup.
May 28, 2021 7:44 pm
Waking up, Tonik's mind is still blurry with flashbacks of his last memories...

The day had been a slow one. He was back from a month long voyage on the "Darius" and so far the only patients that came in was a pair of city guards that had been injured while dealing with a barfight and an old lady with a twisted ankle. On the plus side, that gave him more time to tinker on all sorts of side projects. While working on an old clock he heard the bell of the front door and went to the front desk. A brown-skinned human-looking woman came in carrying an almost unconscious middle-aged man.
-My name's Tonik, what can I do to help you ?
-My friend here became sick after eating diner, I fear he's been poisonned...
-Well, let's see what I can do then...

Using his medical knowledge to examine the patient, Tonik quickly confirmed that he truly had been poisonned. Quickly, he took Bloodpurge and Trueroot extracts for their anti-poison effects and added some Jalap sap to strengthen the effect, boosting the mixture by channeling some raw arcane energies, he then transferred the serum into a syringe that he used to inject it into the patient. After only a few seconds, the man's breathing calmed and deepened. He opened his eyes, looking around and started panicking when he saw the woman...
-Get away from me !! You poisoned me !!!
Back on his feet, he ran through the door as fast as he could. Tonik turned towards the woman, about to inquire was that was all about, only to see her reach into a pouch and throw some kind of white powder on his face. He immediately felt his strength leaving him....

Shaking the memories off, Tonik realized he had been drugged. Looking around, he quickly realized he wasn't in Waterdeep anymore, but where was he ?
Wondering what were the noises he heard, he spoke aloud, Is there someone here? Where am I?....
Going out of the room, he decided to go left hoping he wouldn't find the woman that drugged him first...
Last edited May 28, 2021 9:54 pm
May 28, 2021 9:14 pm
OOC:
nice intro deadpool_qc
Tonik enters a mess hall, at the most notable is a very fancy chair, with an old man in. He is sitting with closed eyes.
Takashi's point of view is currently in the Artificers Workshop, and have no idea that someone new has entered the mess hall
OOC:
I'll just post an overview of where everyone is at the moment
https://otfbm.io/26x14/@dc60o10:20/f14b-Helm/o12r-Khez/e14r-Take/n14r-Turner/p12r-Nirion/p11r-Leo/j14r-Tonik/r12b-bugs/s12b-bugs/t12b-bugs/_-cba16y16/d6:20x12?bg=https://i.imgur.com/B1K5sIK.jpg
load next

Thread locked