1: What a strange view

load previous
May 28, 2021 10:01 pm
Curious about this fancy chair, Tonik quickly forgets he has been kidnapped. He moves near it and start examining it. As he often do when looking at something new, he starts speaking to himself, forgetting the old man on the chair...This is wonderful, it seems to be some kind of contraption that links its user to some kind of arcane battery... I wonder if it's prolong use gives any lasting side effects... Absorbed in his thoughts, he starts taking the old man's vitals to see in what condition he currently is...
May 29, 2021 8:30 am
OOC:
@Galdr your character is getting fondled by a gnome. This scene is all yours :D
Khezzik and Nirion are standing outside the artificers workshop. The swarm of bugs is slowly getting smaller as individual bugs do their own thing. Without the purple bug's directions and control, the swarm has become a lot less dangerous.

Leo on the other hand ventured a bit up the stairs, looking through a set of glass pained doubble doors. Inside he can see a large table, with maps and notes. There is a real "office" vibe in this room. He can also see two other doors.
May 29, 2021 2:22 pm
The old man shifts his mind to the helm, viewing the unknown groper. If Turner is taking liberties in her experiments, I shall... The final slumberer instead moved about his person. He noted the gnome's self speech and manner of inquiry, which hinted at a arcanist's inquiry. He spoke without opening his eyes, "Unhand me, gnome. What is your name, and what is your profession?"
May 29, 2021 7:51 pm
Stopping his inquiries and removing his hands, Oh !! Sorry, my mistake, I assumed you were unconscious... My name is Tosslestand Faerebasomnik... but you can call me Tonic. I'm an artificer, specialized in alchemy. I often work as a ship doctor, able to take care of the ship and it crew. I recently was in Waterdeep but was drugged and just woke up a few minutes ago in a chamber filled with bunk beds not to far from this room. I don't suppose you could tell me what happened to me and why ?.... Tonik unconsciously scratches his beard, wondering about all of the possible answers, witch on he would get....
Jun 1, 2021 8:07 pm
You have not really noticed it, but a celestial body appears on your horizon. The ship has been rotating and until now this gray and orange dot was beneath the ship.
Jun 2, 2021 1:31 pm
Takeshi opened his eyes, revealing their golden irises. He replied, "Welcome to the Mobius, Tonic. You drift in the deeps beyond Toril, where our captors suffered a catastrophy of their own hubris. We have just begun our reclamation of the vessel, and a ship's doctor would do wonders for our erstwhile crew. You may call me, Takeshi."

He gazed past the gnome for a moment and remarked, "The kami be revered! Behold, what a beautiful vision."

He pointed toward the heavenly object in the distance that now occupied the viewport.
OOC:
Sorry, all. I spent the weekend at the ER with an ill child.

Nice introduction, Deadpool!

Rune, I tossed an Arcana and Nature check for the sphere(?) in view. Take whichever suits you.

Rolls

Arcana +10 - (1d20+10)

(14) + 10 = 24

Nature - (1d20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Jun 2, 2021 1:39 pm
Releived to hear their captors were no more, Tonik turns his attention to the ooutside with Takeshi, This view is incredible, almost makes me forget that I seem to have lost my equipment and my tools when they captured me... Have you already deduced where we are, if we are still on the material plane ?...
OOC:
Also added the same checks just in case...

Rolls

arcane - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

nature - (1d20+6)

(17) + 6 = 23

Jun 2, 2021 2:48 pm
OOC:
I'll have to go with nature here
Takeshi and Tonik both realize that the orange gray dot they have just noticed must be something far away. If it is something medium-sized far away, or large (moon) sized very far away, or a huge (planet) sized very very far way - it is impossible to tell.
OOC:
Sorry to hear about your kid. I just brought my own back from kindergarden. She has a feber. :(
Jun 2, 2021 3:20 pm
The aged elf replies, "You may find your items among the med bay, the deck storage, or worse still, the former artificer's workshop. Mind the bugs."

He looked forth and commented, "We sail the expanse between the material realms. I have yet to conduct navigational work, having only begun the necessary synchronization to commune with the helm."
Jun 2, 2021 3:21 pm
OOC:
Rune, that's unfortunate your daughter is ill with a fever. :( Praying for your little!
Jun 4, 2021 1:44 am
OOC:
Apologies for such a long break in posting, real life has been so busy lately, I am trying to catch up on all of my games as best I can! Hope both of your kids are doing well!
Leo watches the purple dragons emerge from the walls and blast the bugs with amazement, but thinks this place just gets weirder and weirder, I love it. He smiles as he peeks up the stairs into the glass double doors, and is immediately enthralled by the sight of maps. He tells Nirion and Khezzik, "There's an office upstairs, look empty except maybe some maps and stuff, I'm gonna go check it out." He walks up the stairs and slowly opens the doors to the office, keeping an eye out for anything moving.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+9)

(12) + 9 = 21

Jun 4, 2021 2:04 am
"Ah? This one loves maps. Nirion can figure out what to do with the bomb while we investigate, yes?"

Khezzik looks at Nirion and nods vigorously, then trots along after Leo without waiting for an answer.
Jun 4, 2021 5:33 am
above deck
Khezzik and Leo open the door to the officer's quarters. A few bugs scuttle away when you open the door. The first room is an office, with one larger and one smaller bedroom adjoining the room. The captains and the first officer.
The first thing that Leo notes is that in this room, there are no visible grooves with the blue mana paint. Takashi who, from the helm, has omnipresence on the ship, can't look in here.

On the table is a map. A marker, like a chess piece, is rolling around on the map. It has clearly been knocked over at some point.
[ +- ] map
In the captain's room you find some notes
[ +- ] note 1
[ +- ] note 2
[ +- ] note 3
In the first officer's room, there are signs of a brawl. Stuff has been tossed around, but in crumbled bed, you find a clean-picked skeleton. A lot of the bedding has been eaten away as well. This must have been a messy death to leave so much blood for the bugs to eat.
You also find an icon. A wooden board with gold inlays, it is clearly magical, but the purpose is unclear.
[ +- ] icon

below deck
Takeshi is really getting the hang of the helm. As he focuses on the orange dot in the sky, the ship stops turning and the ship's bow is now pointing directly towards the dot. If he directs energy towards the engines, they could be underway. Question is how much energy and how fast.
OOC:
good to have you back
Jun 4, 2021 10:08 am
Nirion stares at the bomb, unsure of what to do. ultimately, he Grabs a nearby paper and writes "keep closed" and then tacks it on the door.
Jun 4, 2021 1:17 pm
OOC:
Haha, the perfect solution! Fantastic work.
"Zxantulich. Zx battery." Khezzik scratches his chin in thought. "Think is coincidence?"

He then moves on to scrutinising the map in detail.
Jun 4, 2021 2:22 pm
Khezzik examines the map and finally finds "home"

https://otfbm.io/99x71/aj39w-X/@c10/@o50:50/@dn/aa26:20x20?bg=https://i.redd.it/adhbwbaylmv61.png
OOC:
I marked Realm with a white X token
[ +- ] full map
Now he just needs to know where they are now. The chess piece on the floor might have shown the ship's position... once.
Jun 8, 2021 1:42 am
Leo smiles widely and his eyes go wide as he takes in the map. This is exactly the kind of thing he has been looking for, something to study and learn about the cosmos. He struggles to tear himself away from the map long enough to read the notes and study the room.

After reading Note 2, Leo says "Looks like the dwarven coffin and loot was raided from a dwarven ship, poor lads won't have a proper burial now, unless we bring it home back with us." At seeing the icon, he says, "Wow, this ship is just full of goodies, have you seen this before, Khezzik, Nirion? Heh, it's mesmerizing."

He turns to his crewmates, "Let's go see if we can figure out where this chess piece used to be.". He picks up the map and the chess piece and takes them out onto the deck, then tries to investigate his surroundings to see if he can locate anything around him on the map.
OOC:
Not sure what kind of check this would be, Perception (+9), Intelligence (+1), or Investigation (+1)?

[Edit] Oh shoot, natural twenty! :D
Last edited June 8, 2021 1:42 am

Rolls

Check, not sure what kind tho - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 8, 2021 2:18 pm
OOC:
I'd imagine an investigation or navigator's tools check.

Rune, how's your daughter doing?
The elf looked down to the scrolls in his hands. He continues to make further marks. At length, he says to Tonic, "Artificer, we should gather the others. I have sketched preliminary calculations on the necessities of the ship. While this vessel has marvelous capabilities, the mana conversion is entropic in nature. This requires substantial investment from the crew to operate in any meaningful manner, especially when in an aqueous biome. I recommend we exhaust our energies today, and we should have a full capacity reservoir by midday tomorrow."
OOC:
I finally concluded the charts. The math has certain assumptions, and we will likely burn a higher daily rate depending on how fast we move, how often we reposition, and any shipbound combat.

I factored with and without Turner for representation. Having another wizard/full caster would provide a surge in capability.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/677156577731674117/851827803720777818/Mobius_Spelljammer_Conversion.jpg?width=1440&height=345
Last edited June 8, 2021 2:19 pm
Jun 8, 2021 5:38 pm
OOC:
My daughter is fine, turning 4 years old in 24 hours
Leo has taken the map out on the deck and is looking at the sky. Try as he might, the constatations he can see on the night sky, have no reference to the map he is holding. He must be missing a vital piece of this puzzle.
OOC:
Impressive calculation Galdr.
Jun 8, 2021 6:15 pm
OOC:
Glad to hear she's lost her fever and happy early birthday to her!

Thanks! Given that we are using sorcery points for fuel, I wanted to have an estimate for how much we need to keep this ship functioning.
load next

Thread locked