1: What a strange view

load previous
Apr 4, 2021 4:48 am
Trapped with four scholars of magic, Khezzik thinks to himself. Being kidnapped is certainly a bad situation, but perhaps it offers an unexpected opportunity.

He clambers out of the bed and drops to the floor, landing lightly on his paws.

"Learned scholars," he says, grovelling as low as possible, "please do not be alarmed. Yes, this one is a kobold, but he is in the same situation as you all - a person threw sleeping powder in his face and he found himself here. He is a student of the magical arts, much like you all - perhaps he can be of service to you, yes?"
Last edited April 4, 2021 4:50 am
Apr 4, 2021 12:19 pm
Kneels so he is closer to eye level with the Kobold and offers his hand. "Well met. I am sure with all our minds together, we can puzzle this out"
Apr 4, 2021 1:21 pm
OOC:
I fully respect your character interaction, but if you are waiting for me, to progress the story, then open the door

Apr 4, 2021 1:25 pm
Quote:

OOC:
I'll wait to see if Takeshi's familiar Akio pops into existence or not before adding a comment on him, as well as if the mage hand opens the door.
OOC:
I believe Takeshi attempted to
Apr 4, 2021 1:49 pm
Turner had known the kobold was awake but had not challenged whatever illusion he had thought he was maintaining knowing how she herself had been reluctant to make her consciousness known. But a startled shriek escaped Turner's lips at the sudden movement as he landed on the metallic floor at her feet. Ohhhh, I'm feeling a bit jumpy. If we can refrain from anymore sudden movement, it would be appreciated. Removing her glasses, the wizard pinches the bridge of her nose before replacing the eyeglasses. Your name, sir? We have Nirion and Leo with my name being Turner.

Reciting names allowed Turner to slip back to introductions. Placing palms together steepling her hands, the wizard bowed slightly at the waist toward the elder elf. Well met. You must be the wise and balanced Wizard Takeshi. I follow the Order of The Multiple Armed Scribe of the Kraken Codice. Although, I am only an intiniate as six mysteries are all I have currently unraveled. Only by reputation do I know of an owner of a tea shop owned by one from the Order of the Obsidian Scribe of the Nine Immortal Dragons. I believe you will be familiar with Wizard Harper Collins that I apprenticed under his tutelage. I do believe you were holding some more exotic components for him at your shop. Well, I'm here to collect.
Last edited April 4, 2021 2:37 pm
Apr 4, 2021 2:08 pm
"This one's name is K-k..." The kobold stumbles over the syllables. "Is Khezzik."

It's been a long time since Khezzik has spoken his name to anyone, and it feels strange to say it.
Apr 4, 2021 3:17 pm
aquafina says:
Quote:

OOC:
I'll wait to see if Takeshi's familiar Akio pops into existence or not before adding a comment on him, as well as if the mage hand opens the door.
OOC:
I believe Takeshi attempted to
OOC:
Doh! I missed that! thank you
Apr 4, 2021 3:28 pm
Familiar and quills did materialize when they were called and the mage hand could easily open the door. As it did you see something blue skurry away at the floor and out of sight.
OOC:
think cockroach, just blue
You are in standing in comfortable indoor clothes that would not constrict or be uncomfortable to sleep in. If it haded been for the view and the fact that the room does not move, you would think you were on a ship.
Outside the door, you see a narrow hallway with a door similar to yours, right on the other side of the hallway.
OOC:
A quick sketch of the area
https://i.imgur.com/594J5A9.png
Apr 4, 2021 3:45 pm
OOC:
Turner has a feat that allows her to know north and how many hours until sunrise/sunset
Apr 4, 2021 4:12 pm
Turner's sense is tied to the planet she is on. There is no rotation here. You are standing still in space. There is no up or down, no rotation, no real sense of time. It is very disconcerting.
Apr 5, 2021 4:23 am
"Terrible security for an abduction. Although I suppose our captors might figure that we have no way off this ship."

Khezzik will scurry out into the hallway for a look around, perhaps to catch a glimpse of where the blue cockroach went.
OOC:
Making a Perception check to try to catch sight of the cockroach - if this isn't possible, please disregard.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Apr 5, 2021 8:04 am
Khezzik runs out in the hallway and eminently sees several bugs scurry away from him.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e6/ed/a4/e6eda4306720930f5eb950c089dd274f.jpg

To his left, the hallway ends in a larger room.
To the right, the hallway ends in a secure door.
When he looks up, the ceiling seems to be modular, as if its section can be removed.
And then there is a closed-door in front of him.
Apr 5, 2021 11:29 am
Nirion grabs his pack of mundane items And moves to the door.
Apr 5, 2021 12:55 pm
"Infested with beetles." Khezzik looks to the others. "This one has never been on a ship before, are there normally so many insects?"
Apr 5, 2021 1:26 pm
Takeshi bowed shallowly in agreement to Turner's revelation of her rank and his name. "A genuine pleasure to meet another of the Order, Initiate Turner. Magus Collins had a number of riveting tomes that I enjoyed perusing, to include his printmaking of penguins from Alpuk. Unfortunately, we convene far from my shop, or I would have poured you a glass of West Lake Dragon Well and proffered the packages for your sensei."

When the kobold bolts from his bed and then the room once the arcane hand opens the hatch, the scholar furrows his brow slightly and strides slowly toward the door. He remarked dryly toward the back of the fleeing scalykind, "Please be my guest..."

Once in the hall, he allowed his senses to deduce new aspects of the construction and area. At length, he replies, "Most ships incur stowaways whenever they hail into port. Fascinating that this vessel appears crafted in segments. They could, theoretically, jettison a portion to ensure the integrity of the whole. We may find some mechanism for detaching sections of the ship, which may prove useful to effect an escape."
OOC:
Passive Perception 17 / Passive Investigation 22 to soak in the general details of the hallway and make general deductions.
Apr 5, 2021 1:52 pm
The coloration on the wings did indeed make me think Coleoptera. However, the movement made me reconsider it no more than the common pest from the order of Blattodea no matter how it might want to dress itself up. Looks like our host have quite the infestation. Turner shudders wondering if the netting covering them was to keep the roaches from crawling on them as the kidnapped slept.

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+8)

(5) + 8 = 13

Apr 5, 2021 1:56 pm
Galdr says:
OOC:
Passive Perception 17 / Passive Investigation 22 to soak in the general details of the hallway and make general deductions.
OOC:
Holy hat! That's it for the vague descriptions then :D
Takeshi reasons that the sealing is part of the floor on the deck above. Removing them would allow access to this hallway from above. Perhaps for moving cargo in and out?
If that logic holds then door to the right should lead to the cargo hold

runekyndig sent a note to CherokeeWind
Apr 5, 2021 2:57 pm
Leo chuckles as he strokes his beard, noticing that it's longer than he remembered. He plays with it a bit before he realizes the implication. "We may have been knocked out for a long time, based on my beard's length." He continues playing with it. "This took me my entire life to grow, I've never shaved before. Look at it now!" He looks up at everyone to show them his beard before realizing that half the party has already moved out into the hall. He grabs the bag that was at the end of his bed before following everyone else out.

As a denizen of the forest, Leo is pretty accustomed to being around bugs and having them be part of his diet. He doesn't know the fancy words Turner is using to identify them, but is probably familiar with them enough. He leans over and attempts to grab one off the ground. He sniffs it in his hands and examines how it moves. "Oh I know these. Though, the ones I know aren't as blue, but they do go well in the soups and stews we would make back home. I wonder if the blueness adds anything to their flavor. Huh."

Leo takes the bug in his hand and casts a spell, and a magic duplicate of the bug appears in his other hand. He gets on one knee and leans over to be face to face with Khezzik (kobolds and firbolgs pretty much make up the opposing endcaps of the 5e playable race height spectrum lol). He hands the magic bug to the kobold, "Here take this, friend. This little guy will help guide you." Leo hands Khezzik the magic bug and gently places the real one back on the ground. After watching it scurry away, he stands back up.
OOC:
Just a reflavoring of the cantrip Guidance, which allows you to add a d4 to a skill check. Leo would be more than happy to cast it on any of you anytime in the future. If you ask him to, you don't have to wait for me to respond, just assume he would. As long as rune's cool with that.
Last edited April 5, 2021 2:57 pm
Apr 5, 2021 4:39 pm
They are nimble little buggers and not easily caught, Leo manages to catch on. He has never seen this species before.

Rolls

A: Lopeiros: Animal Handling (advantage) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

1d20+3 : (12) + 3 = 15

Apr 5, 2021 5:32 pm
OOC:
Ah, my bad. I misread an earlier post. Leo does not know what these are lol.
After casting Guidance on Khezzik, he takes the bug and sets it on top of his notebook. He makes a rough sketch of it as it crawls around the book and across his arms and torso, examining its features and studying its color.
Last edited April 5, 2021 5:33 pm
load next

Thread locked