1: What a strange view

load previous
Apr 5, 2021 5:44 pm
The bug crawls around on Leo, until it finds a place that does not move too much. Then it jams its mandibles into his bare flesh. There is not that much pain, almost non, but a tiny piece of flesh is missing and blood starts to flow.
OOC:
It does less than 1hp of damage, but more than 0, so you may mark 1 hp damage as damage is rounded up.
There are a lot more bugs visible in the hallway now...

runekyndig sent a note to runekyndig
Apr 5, 2021 6:56 pm
Takeshi watched the exchanges underway. He pauses to correct himself, "The whole ship may not be segmented, but the ceiling of this infested hall appears to act as covers to allow the sailors to raise and lower cargo into the hold. The righthand door may lead to the hold proper, though this abundance of insects bodes ill for what may reside there."

He notes the firbolg's plight and remarks, Shall we rid ourselves of the swarm? I believe we would do well in not feeding them with our flesh."

He recites an incantation, but he refrains from releasing the energy. Meanwhile, he mentally instructed his tressym to maintain its distance. He did not wish to part with Akio so soon...
OOC:
For ease or reference, I'll keep Takeshi's unique senses in my OOC tag.

Takeshi readies Mind Sliver should one of the bugs get overly friendly with him (casts spell if one lands on him). I'll roll initiative on the off chance the group decides to exterminate the flesh-eating insects.

Passive Perception 17
Passive Investigation 22
Akio's Passive Perception 15
Akio's Detect Invisibility. Within 60 feet of the tressym, magical invisibility fails to conceal anything from the tressym's sight.

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Mind Sliver (Int 15) psychic damage - (2d6)

(46) = 10

Apr 5, 2021 7:44 pm
Nirion watches the bugs uneasily, remembering the infestation of boring beetles that nearly destroyed the great oak housing the library when he was young.
We would do well to rid ourselves of them quickly. I've a spell that might help...if my magic behaves
Apr 5, 2021 7:56 pm
A bug does crawl up Takeshi's foot and he kills it with his mind and as Nirion draws in power to form a spell, bugs come rushing in from everywhere. As they near Nirion you can all see their carapaces glows as they are in contact with the wild mana.

There are hundreds crawling out of the woodwork straight towards you.
OOC:
Setting the mood
https://media.tenor.com/images/e68ce111e4d91eabec763e91a24c8512/tenor.gif

We forgo the initiative roll, as the bugs are last
Apr 5, 2021 8:10 pm
OOC:
Every feminine instinct I have says raise your arms screaming while twirling in a circle and stomping your feet!
Apr 5, 2021 8:54 pm
OOC:
Red Rum...Red rum...Red rum...
Takeshi speaks in a foreign tongue before stepping backwards into the room. He calls out, "Let's throw them back and make for the cargo hold to the right!

He then chanted in a harmonic tongue while conducting several centering gestures. He channeled his mana outward in a thunderous blast to clear a way through the wave of pests.
OOC:
Feel free to "reserve" my action to allow others to post. This is the more convenient moment for me to post.

Takeshi will fire off Thunderwave (15ft cube) to throw back the swarm enough to make a way clear to head right down the hall. DC 15 Con save for half damage and not be pushed 10ft backward by the blast wave.

He'd attempt to keep the others out of the cube. (I believe Khezzik is the only one potentially in the way).
Passive Perception 17
Passive Investigation 22
Akio's Detect Invisibility. Within 60 feet of the tressym, magical invisibility fails to conceal anything from the tressym's sight.

Rolls

Thunderwave Thunder Damage (DC 15 Con for half) - (2d8)

(45) = 9

Apr 5, 2021 9:10 pm
Quote:
OOC:
Every feminine instinct I have says raise your arms screaming while twirling in a circle and stomping your feet!
OOC:
Heck, every masculine instinct of mine is saying the same thing, no thanks! haha
At first they were cute, but anything in that number is terrifying. Without much ability to affect many creatures at once, Leo stands in the center of the hallway and yells out to the incoming bugs (with Speech of Beast and Leaf) "Hey listen, little fellas! We're not here to hurt you! We're a little lost, any help would be great from you guys!" Leo hears Takeshi yell out about the cargo hold to the right and backs up towards the door, trying to open it as he is yelling out.
Apr 5, 2021 9:33 pm
I think they want our magic.... he stops channeling the spell and backs toward the indicated cargo hold.
OOC:
I forgot what I changed my spells to. I thought I had an ice spell. Not casting fireball in a wooden ship
Apr 6, 2021 8:21 am
As the wave of bugs rolls in, Khezzik quickly tries the door in front of him.
OOC:
If the door opens and that room isn't also full of bugs, Khezzik will head on through and close the door behind him after checking whether anyone else wants to come this way.

If it doesn't open, or if there's another swarm of bugs waiting there as well, then he'll retreat back into the sleeping room, ducking between people's legs if necessary.

Let me know if he needs a Con save for the Thunderwave.
Apr 6, 2021 11:23 pm
Death of a thousand bites was entirely possible when you were only prepared for one or two. Nirion seemed to have the way of it as the beast were attracted to magic. Choosing not to cast Turner bolted down the path cleared by Thunderwave to what she hoped would be an insect free room.
Apr 7, 2021 7:20 am
Takeshi squares off and sends a thunderwave down the hallway. Bugs splatter and the wave is thrown back.
But. They. Keep. Comming

They bite into Takeshi's feet, legs, chest as they crawl up him. So fare they are only biting into his clothes.

Khezzik opens the door into the room on the other side of the hallway. The door seems heavy, as he is pushing something lying just behind the door. The door half-open, he can see it is another crew cabin just for one. There are some more bugs in here, most of them are smaller in size, but they all come rushing out. Especially from just behind the door. Khezzik have a glimpse of some bundle of colorful clothes.
OOC:
Thunderwave dealt 9 damage to the swarm and prevent them from reaching any one else

The influx of young bugs from the other crew cabin "heals" or increases the swam for 2d6+3 hp = 7

Rolls

con save - (1d20+0)

(3) = 3

Bug bites Takeshi - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

swam influx - (2d6+3)

(13) + 3 = 7

Apr 7, 2021 9:51 am
I am out of ideas...I don't think any of you mentioned being a druid did you?
Apr 7, 2021 12:04 pm
aquafina says:
[quote]OOC: Leo hears Takeshi yell out about the cargo hold to the right and backs up towards the door, trying to open it as he is yelling out.
OOC:
Rune, I think Leo tried the door to the right.
Apr 7, 2021 3:56 pm
Leo is struggling with the heavy door, but it gives. Inside is a big dark hallway, that seems to open into a larger room. The cargo hold.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/d8/46/c7/d846c79172878d09c81c5d9bcddd469f--vault-doors-vintage-industrial.jpg

Rolls

A: Lopeiros: Strength check - (1d20-1)

(17) - 1 = 16

Apr 8, 2021 12:57 am
Leo nearly falls as he finally pushes the door open, and is somewhat pleasantly surprised that his lanky arms were able to open that secure of a door. However, he quickly realizes that he can't see that far into the dark hallway. He uses Druidcraft to cause a small burst of harmless, gentle flames to burst out from his hands, illuminating the ground just before him. If there are no great masses of strange colorful bugs immediately visible, Leo will call out to the others,

"I can't see very far, but I think we should go this way!"

If everyone else follows, he will run in that direction. As they run down the hall, Leo searches the bag that was at the end of his bed for a torch. If there is one within he will cast Druidcraft again to light it as they traverse down the hallway.
Last edited April 8, 2021 12:58 am
Apr 8, 2021 1:17 am
Nirion will follow. terrified of what the strange bugs will do with his unstable magic. He dashes into the cargo hold, following behind Leo.
He squints, hoping his elven eyes can see in the darkness beyond
Apr 8, 2021 12:46 pm
The elf mentally commands Akio, fly for the hold!

He then backs towards the hold while unleashing another thunderous wave. The scholar calls to the others, "Head inside! I shall continue to throw back the swarms!"

Takeshi flowed like an ancient spring, supple despite his age. The venerable wizard repeated his arcane gestures and another crack of thunder rumbled within the ship's bowels. The energy surged over the bolstered swarms, offering another brief outlet for the group to fall back into the hold. The wizard took his own opening to enter the darkened hallway.
OOC:
Move toward the hall and cast Thunderwave into the hall once the others pass by. Another DC 15 Con save. Half damage and no 10ft push on a save.
Passive Perception 17
Passive Investigation 22

Rolls

Thunderwave Thunder Damage (DC 15 Con for half) - (2d8)

(75) = 12

Apr 8, 2021 2:35 pm
Khezzik claps his hands over his ears as he runs toward the cargo hold. "Too loud! Too many bugs!"
Apr 8, 2021 3:40 pm
As the magic forms again, all the bugs kneel down, raising their backend. It looks coordinated, and when the magic is released their carapaces glows and thunderwave glides over them. Several bugs are smashed to goo, by the shock wave, but they hold their ground.

Turner is the last one in, and she closes the door with a boom. 3 bugs manage to get inside, but they are no threat to your massive boots and sandals.

You are standing in a large dark room. At the moment your only light source is Leo's glowing hand. From this light, he finds a lantern and light it.

Those without darkvision can now see.
Just behind the heavy door you entered is a small room, that can be lock from the outside. This is the brig.
In the cargo hold are some barrels, boxes, rope but most interesting, is a large chest. 50x160x30 centimeters

https://i1.wp.com/eso.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/05/Dwarven-Bench-Forged.jpg?resize=835%2C348&ssl=1

On the chest lies a pen and a note. The note seems to be a transcript of the symbols around the chest.
[ +- ] handout
A quick examination of the other crates, reveals iron rations (biscuits and preserved meat) and water. You are not going to die of thirst or hunger anytime soon, but you won't enjoy it.

Rolls

Constitution save - (1d20+0)

(17) = 17

Apr 9, 2021 2:08 am
Khezzik examines the chest to see if he can determine its mechanism, then looks at the note and furrows his brow for a few seconds.

"Yes, good," he says, "So much easier when people leave instructions on how to open their safe just lying around. Let us try."

Experimentally, he twists the left side of the chest upwards, and the right side downwards.
Last edited April 9, 2021 2:08 am
load next

Thread locked