Recruitment Threads!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 22, 2021 4:55 pm
Quote:
If anyone has more examples to share of great recruitment threads, I would appreciate your suggestions so i can add them to the guide.
I just got reminded of this by the Gamers exPlane video. It doesn't fulfill everything listed in this thread but I think my Wildsea recruitment thread was pretty nice. Even if the two games that started from it didn't end up getting very far.
May 23, 2021 7:38 pm
Quote:
If anyone has more examples to share of great recruitment threads, I would appreciate your suggestions so i can add them to the guide.
I think I did okey with my Spelljammer tread. We got a discussion going about the game premise and what I expected of my players.
Jun 12, 2021 10:37 pm
Question for the community. Should we try and put cross-links from the Game Details page to the interest check thread and vice versa? My thinking is if it's the first line in Game Details: "Players who wish to join please see the guidelines and post interest here: (link to Interest Check)" then interested players will see clear guidelines.

On a broader more, as we develop or adopt this thing forward, then it will become more and more expected/looked for.

Len

Jun 13, 2021 12:53 am
Qralloq says:
Question for the community. Should we try and put cross-links from the Game Details page to the interest check thread and vice versa? My thinking is if it's the first line in Game Details: "Players who wish to join please see the guidelines and post interest here: (link to Interest Check)" then interested players will see clear guidelines.

On a broader more, as we develop or adopt this thing forward, then it will become more and more expected/looked for.
I think this is a good idea. I don`t think links can be made clickable in Game Details but at least people can copy-paste the url.

Len

Jun 13, 2021 12:54 am
I've updated the recruitment advice post with a thing about welcoming marginalized groups, added some images to make it look spiffier, and added some more example games: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/21243/?p=978912#p978912
Jun 13, 2021 1:14 am
Yeah even without being able to make a link it would be a bonus, especially for new players who sometimes just apply for random games.

Len

Jun 13, 2021 2:41 am
Qralloq says:
I have added this advice to the guide.
Jun 13, 2021 6:26 am
I always add that link on the details page but it would be neat if it could be clickable. And maybe even in a dedicated field for it
Jun 13, 2021 6:29 am
If you're quoting from my Flood game, that may be a better example to link at the bottom than the Wildsea one

Len

Jun 13, 2021 5:52 pm
Sounds good, I've put both in. They are both great examples. And I typed your name correctly even this time.
Dec 14, 2021 2:10 pm
With The ability to link to Game description I wonder if this is due for some type of update, I'm not sure exactly what it would look like maybe just mentioning the possibility and moving on just thought I'd bring it up.
Dec 14, 2021 2:42 pm
Good thought. Definitely an update

Len

Dec 14, 2021 11:23 pm
Since I haven't made a recruiting post since that feature was implemented, I don't know enough about how it works to update. I'm sure it's not that hard and I'll look into it when there is time. Thanks for the idea.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.