Gamers exPlane YouTube Series

load previous
Jun 11, 2021 1:45 pm
Quote:
I have to figure out how to extract the audio from my videos which should be nearly trivial
VLC can do that through the convert option
Jun 11, 2021 1:51 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
I have to figure out how to extract the audio from my videos which should be nearly trivial
VLC can do that through the convert option
Even an online converter could do the trick.
Jun 11, 2021 4:36 pm
Nicely done! Lots I hadn't considered before.
Jun 11, 2021 11:19 pm
Tubidy
Last edited June 11, 2021 11:22 pm
Jun 13, 2021 6:33 pm
The audio podcast has been created. Episodes 1 through 4 have been uploaded.

Anchor fm channel link

You can find episode 1 here: Anchor FM

Theoretically should also be available on Spotify.

Edit: publishing on the Apple stuff, the Google stuff, and other places will have to be done on a manual basis. I take requests, but otherwise I'll leave those alone for now.
Last edited June 13, 2021 6:45 pm
Jun 13, 2021 6:49 pm
Oh wow, it is on Spotify. I didn't think it was that easy to publish something on there. Awesome
Jun 13, 2021 7:19 pm
Sticher is the most important one your missing, Anchor does a few automatically beyond just Spotify but Stitcher can't be done automatic as it need Email verification.

Beyond that It would be up to others specific apps as that would give you almost all the podcasting population,
Another thing to consider is your RSS Feed as certain less common podcast apps let you add a podcast with the RSS Feed
Jun 14, 2021 2:51 pm
Added Sketcher and Google Play. ITunes was a giant mess of errors so I'll get to it later.
Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm
yes don't worry, though may people use iTunes/Apple Podcasts they've been having errors on both ends, and are losing listeners It took me over a week to get summited to iTunes the Artwork Error, theirs nothing you can do about it don't bother changing your artwork it won't work until it wants to.
Jun 14, 2021 3:51 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Oh wow, it is on Spotify. I didn't think it was that easy to publish something on there. Awesome
I know, right? Kudos to Qralloq.

https://media.tenor.com/images/a84d47c5a7aa2935a184bdd5ca63db27/tenor.gif

...but now we have someone who understands this stuff, I can't help but think about the Postcast for each system thread too.

Has anybody ever thought of publishing their PbP adventure as a podcast? Reading it out - like an audiobook. Surely it's been discussed here before.

I've just been reading suggestions for Librivox volunteers to familiarise myself with best practices for recording narration. Dunno - maybe a topic for the discord.
Jun 14, 2021 3:55 pm
I know CESN at some point considered making a game he was running into a neat document thing for others to read. Not a podcast, though.

I like the idea of reading a pbp game out as an audiobook in theory but it would probably require a lot of editing to not sound off. Unless you have different narrators for each post and have it somewher between audiobook and actual play. Interesting discussion for sure
Jun 14, 2021 4:08 pm
Didn't see that anywhere on here It's an interesting Idea though, Love the Idea Pbp is a little bit slow for an Actual Play usually though, usually they run around an hour and release once or twice a week, I suppose a game that's been around for a while would be okay anything visual in the fourms eg. Pictures/maps would need to be discribed.

I have to say though it is something I thought about doing :)
Jun 14, 2021 4:10 pm
Unfortunately for free each of us are limited to two podcasts one on Anchor and another on Acast.
Jun 14, 2021 7:40 pm
I weep for anyone wanting to listen to episode 2 audio only... T_T
Jun 17, 2021 1:28 pm
The podcast version should be up on:
Spotify
Google Play
ITunes
Stitcher
Breaker
PocketCasts
Radio Public

Episode five, featuring the amazing lavtodd, is uploaded and ready for release on YouTube on Friday. Podcasts to follow in the evening.
Last edited June 17, 2021 1:37 pm
Jun 18, 2021 10:57 am
I present to you Episode 5 - Qralloq Versus Lavtodd

The fifth episode has Qralloq grill gamersplane.com user lavtodd about her gaming experience (growing up in a gaming household??), juggling multiple creative outlets, and contrasting the strengths of real-time against the asynchronous nature of play-by-post.

There is also:
- a Meme of the Week
- a user question (about reviving a flagging game)
- tip and trick: making character sheets public

The podcast version of Episode 5 has now also been published, which should be available in the usual places listed previously.

Anchor FM
I am looking for additional interviewees. If you are interested, know that we'll work on a rough set of topics in advance so you can think about them before facing the camera - it is all ad libbed but not blindly.

Direct link for older browsers
Last edited June 18, 2021 11:18 am
Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm
Yay! Can't wait to listen to this one (Once I'm caught up with all my games moving forward while I was at work 🤣)
Jun 18, 2021 8:03 pm
is there a link to lavtodd webcomic?
Jun 18, 2021 8:04 pm
In the video description (or there was when I looked)
Jun 19, 2021 1:07 am
runekyndig says:
is there a link to lavtodd webcomic?
Yup, in the video description.

lavtodd's webcomic can be found at: webtoons

her Etsy store is at: LavendersVault

(Someday, I might try and cajole her into making and selling a GxP tee shirt. But don't tell her yet.)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.