Gamers exPlane YouTube Series

load previous
Jun 19, 2021 1:17 am
This was a really great episode. I loved hearing the discussions comparing writing solo v.s. play-by-post collaborative writing. I joined GP partially because I was in a bit of writing block rut. It has been very beneficial. Now I have the opposite problem. The ideas and words are flowing freely but I don't have as much time to write stories because I want to make more posts and join more games. It's a problem that I don't really mind having.

I also loved the discussion on player expectations and second guessing where you take things in games. My writing tends to be very weird and very dark (biggest influences are Kafka, PKD, and Grant Morrison). I try to reign this in when playing with other people but it doesn't always work. I need to do a better job of letting people know what to expect when they sign up for one of my games and make sure they know that I want them to speak up and tell me if they don't like the direction I'm taking things in.

Sometimes I get excited about an idea and forgot that not everyone is onboard with the constant threat of trusted NPCs backstabbing their character as they work their way through increasingly convoluted conspiracies while the fabric of reality falls apart around them; all within a game that was advertised as light hearted silver age superhero fun!
Jun 19, 2021 4:46 pm
Hey Griffrpg. Sounds like you and I should be playing games together. We could probably have a great discussion on the more gonzo or visceral RPGs out there.

I am looking for more interviewees for Gamers exPlane. Love to talk to anyone with very little or tons of experience, or somewhere in between (laughing). We could talk about indie games or favorite settings or even have a constructive argument about a hard topic (I have been given a few requests I could share).

Better yet, if you have a topic in mind, I'd love to give you a platform to explore it with me.
Jun 19, 2021 10:04 pm
I love the podcast but I'm afraid I most likely will not be appearing on it. Afraid I am a little camera shy. And microphone shy. And generally just don't like speaking out loud at all, if I can avoid it.

I hope you do find more people willing to be on it though. It's always a good listen.
Jun 19, 2021 11:05 pm
Recorded a surprise interview with Antiproduct today, (thanks again Antiproduct) so I've got the next two shows covered.

If I run out of victims guests, I'll switch to tutorial videos, or maybe karaoke. You've all been warned.
Jun 19, 2021 11:08 pm
Qralloq says:
Recorded a surprise interview with Antiproduct today, (thanks again Antiproduct) so I've got the next two shows covered.

If I run out of victims guests, I'll switch to tutorial videos, or maybe karaoke. You've all been warned.
Are we singing Cannibal Corpse or Burzum?
Jun 19, 2021 11:26 pm
I'll go ahead and put in a request for "I Cu....." On second thought, if I finish that title I'll probably be banned. There aren't a lot of Cannibal Corpse songs I could get away with typing here.
Jun 23, 2021 2:03 pm
🤣🤣🤣
Is funny cause it's true.
Jun 23, 2021 2:55 pm
From now on, everything lenpelletier says will be accompanied by a BRAAAAAM.

"Honey, I’m home!"
BRAAAAAM
Jun 25, 2021 10:25 am
Today I have for you Episode 6 - Qralloq Versus HeroAmongMen.

Episode 6 has Qralloq reconnect with a former game-mate, HeroAmongMen. They discuss ghosting, and focus a lot on the fifth edition of the world's most popular roleplaying game, Dungeons & Dragons.

The episode also includes:
- a Meme of the Week,
- QQ&AA (tools for dealing with sensitive content),
- Aussie Action News, and
- Qralloqian Lore (using hidden Notes on GP).

Link for older browsers

The audio version has been uploaded to the podcast sites, as well.
Jun 25, 2021 11:22 am
D: I also wanted random stuff to move behind me!
Edit: another nice and interesting interview btw, looking forward to meeting with Hero in a game someday. (Ditto for any previous interviewees that we haven't met in a game of course.)
Edit 2: Definitely do a ontheflybattlemaps video!
Edit 3: awww, you used my meme 🤗
Last edited June 25, 2021 11:44 am
Jun 26, 2021 5:02 pm
I just got caught up. This is such a great idea, Qralloq! Looking forward to further episodes!
Jun 26, 2021 5:43 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I just got caught up. This is such a great idea, Qralloq! Looking forward to further episodes!
Do an episode of your comeback. With a bio for us that are unfamiliar with you. I saw Discord erupt after you went and said hi - no clue why yet.
Jun 26, 2021 6:11 pm
Spent two hours with Harrigan this morning, but we only recorded 1.5 hours. That will make the episode on June 9th the longest to date.

I, of course, would love to talk to Jabes online. Hopefully we can find a way to make that work. I think he and I will find common ground on a lot of issues.
Jun 26, 2021 8:05 pm
Topic of idea for Jabes and Qralloq: How to not overextend yourself and participate in too many games. :P
Jun 26, 2021 8:11 pm
kalajel says:
Topic of idea for Jabes and Qralloq: How to not overextend yourself and participate in too many games. :P
You want to see us both confusedly shrug in unison? How odd.
Jun 27, 2021 5:59 am
Qralloq says:
Spent two hours with Harrigan this morning, but we only recorded 1.5 hours. That will make the episode on June 9th the longest to date.
Thanks for having me, Qralloq. Greatly enjoyed chatting this morning.
Jun 27, 2021 7:51 pm
Following a conversation on Discord, I'd like to request some feedback or other participation:

1) MOAR GUESTS: to request more guests for the show. I have the next two shows covered, but after that I need people.

2) CONTENT LENGTH: Also, as some of these interviews have grown fairly long, I would like feedback on whether me giving you more than an hour a week of content is too much.

3) GUESTS FOR THE Q&A SEGMENT: I created a "Game" here to help manage the GxP Project and the multi-headed hydra that it threatens to become. You can see my evolving list of requested Q&A questions. If you have more, or would like to participate in tackling any of them, please contact me.
Jun 27, 2021 7:55 pm
I personally am totally up for longer content. If it's too long to watch in one piece, so what? I have a full week per episode. Maybe don't make it 24 hours but other than that...

Lots of awesome questions.
Quote:
Favourite PCs: Do you have a favourite character in your pbp games, both from a player and GM perspective?
I'd love to see this just as a regular question to all guests. Would be interesting to hear about everyone's favorite characters (both their own and those by other players)
Jun 28, 2021 2:57 am
@Qralloq, do you have a target for where you want this to go? A certain number of episodes? A certain volume of content in minutes? Personally, I think it would probably best if you set parameters for the show that could apply to each episode. An hour feels like good amount, especially since most podcasts don't even go that long. Gnome Stew, for example, is less than an hour. You could always do another episode that particular gamer if things go really well, and you're both up for it.

As for guests, I can think of a few worthy people that should get a spotlight. I'd be happy to send you more than the couple I posted on Discord.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.