Gamers exPlane YouTube Series

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 2, 2021 11:33 pm
Podcast is up, YT had been slow on the subtitles but I'll try to get those edited as soon as they're available.

Tomorrow evening, (about 26ish hours from now). I'll be interviewing Remnant. We'll talk about genres and settings that we've tried on GP and what seems to work best, and about things we do to learn new systems.

Please pass on any questions you have for us, and I'll sneak them in like a sneak attack.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/5ZYxhpG4J0mXSgbfTs/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952d032a44ae6146ec9369c0f21f80259c1feb454b4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
Last edited July 2, 2021 11:33 pm
Jul 3, 2021 5:14 am
Finally had time to get myself up to date...

Great work Qralloq !! Loved every episodes so far !! Hope there are still many more to come !!!
Jul 4, 2021 7:41 am
Chatted with Remnant yesterday afternoon, I stopped recording after about 90 minutes but we weren't done so we kept talking. That's basically 90 minutes of Remnant talking and me laughing.

Knifeedgegames agreed to talk next weekend. I hope he doesn't bring up that one time where I abruptly asked to leave his Call of Cthulhu game and my character basically exploded on camera before I actually left. Awkward! I'm hoping we can talk about long campaigns (his Warhammer Fantasy game has been running on GP for more than five years), character development, and on learning new systems. If you have any questions you want me to relay, I'd be thrilled to do so.

Today I'm planning on putting together #9, Harrigan's episode for release on Friday, June 9. This one will approach two hours in length, so apologies to those who would like to spend less of their week listening to me say "Yeah" a bunch of times.

Knifeedgegame's interview, assuming nothing gets in the way, will be the content for release on July 30. I'm trying to align schedules with five or six more people I want to talk to. Amazing how much participation I'm receiving in this hairbrained scheme. Thanks everyone.

Lastly, if you're interested in joining me on the show, please reach out. Strangers and old friends, long time players and those new to PBP or the hobby, everyone has a story. Note: if you're unsure what we would take about, I try to help us both prepare in advance by working through a loose agenda that we're both interested in.
Jul 4, 2021 8:52 am
Yeah, better prepare or you get an all over the place episode, like mine (where I told Qralloq "hey, what are you doing in an hour or so? xD )
Jul 4, 2021 4:43 pm
*Blinks slowly* I uh, mostly sat still at least... *avoids eye contact*

Len

Jul 4, 2021 5:45 pm
Every episode (except that first wanker...) has been a pleasure to listen to! Keep 'em coming!

Len

Jul 4, 2021 5:46 pm
Spectacular 😂
Jul 5, 2021 2:10 am
Definitely a fun project. Highly encourage others to participate!
Jul 6, 2021 2:00 am
lenpelletier says:
Every episode (except that first wanker...) has been a pleasure to listen to!
I don't know about that, that guy spoke of at least two great games ! He even has an old site he made back in 2016, he doesn't promote it enough. I know that is something I often used back when I dm'ed for my friends (you know, when we could meet in person...). I think he should be very proud of it. I'll leave the link here for anybody curious enough...

Weak Magic Items for 5e
Jul 6, 2021 2:06 am
Those are some cool items.
Jul 6, 2021 2:10 am
I often used them to give more character to my magic items. Nothing is more boring than a +1 weapon...

But a Arctic Cudgel +1...

Weapon (Club), uncommon (requires attunement)
Icy wind and snowflakes bluster around this weapon, even in warm environments. The bearer can walk on the surface of the lightest snow, leaving no footprints.
Jul 9, 2021 11:08 am
The eighth episode finds Qralloq a thousand miles due north of Harrigan and they discuss a myriad of gaming related topics. Is the science of play by post being invented before your eyes? Maybe. At the very least, a burgeoning awareness of the metaphysics of the hobby shows its nascent self.
Less cerebrally, there is also a Meme(s) of the Week, QQ&AA (Topic: Splitting the Party), an oddly bitter French Action News, and Qralloqian Lore (a short bit on how to make a character and post as such in a game on Gamers Plane).

This video clocks in at 2 hours. Do I have an issue with time management and self-regulation? Yes. Yes, I do.

I'd like you to meet Harrigan!

Last edited July 9, 2021 11:15 am
Jul 9, 2021 8:00 pm
Podcast version of episode 8 uploaded. I've begun just deleting the Meme of the Week portion so you don't get 30 seconds of silence.

I've got three interviews set for this weekend, all very different people, and two interviews already recorded. That gets us well into August.
Jul 11, 2021 10:04 pm
I've got five interviews in the bank now. Here's the schedule:

July 16: #9 Phil_Ozzy_Fer
July 23: #10 Remnant
July 30: #11 Genisisect
August 6: #12 Knifeedgegames
August 13: #13 Khakiphil

I'll probably ease back on actively recruiting for a few weeks, but if anyone is interested, the lines of communication are open and I'm largely available in (North American time) evenings and weekends.

Also, we will likely hit 1,000 views this weekend! Thank you for the support.
Jul 12, 2021 5:54 am
Wow -- you're putting serious time into this, Qralloq. Really great stuff for the community -- thanks again for all the effort!
Jul 16, 2021 10:23 am
Episode 9 is out, Youtube and podcast.

Episode 9 sees Qralloq connecting with Phil_Ozzy_Fer and discussing their mutual and separate histories. They also talk about engagement, player facing mechanics, learning new games through play by post, and gaining inspiration. There are some memes of the week, a QQ&AA on narrative play, and a not so short tip and trick on using the GamersPlane.com dice roller.

Jul 16, 2021 1:17 pm
Always look forward to these. Thanks, Qralloq!
Last edited July 16, 2021 1:18 pm
Jul 18, 2021 12:39 am
Great job you two -- some interesting conversation!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.