2: The Citadel

load previous
Aug 11, 2021 10:28 am
The elf launches another volley of arcane bolts in the form of dragons at the yuan-ti nearest the sarcophagus. He calls to the others, "If you can, delay the two guardians, but we must cease this ritual! Otherwise spread out to force them to use less ideal spells!"

He then moved into the leftmost corner of the interior temple to exemplify his commands.
OOC:
Magic Missile chime boy. Change to thunder damage for kicks and giggles.
Move to K 20

Rolls

Magic Missile Thunder Damage - (1d4+1, 1d4+1, 1d4+1)

1d4+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

1d4+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

1d4+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

Aug 11, 2021 6:21 pm
OOC:
Moving the square directly west of Ym1 (P16). Attacking the abomination, assuming both hits land.
Time to shine! Vanessa moves between the two closer Yuan-ti, sizing up the two and deciding on the larger one. She swings her sword across the abominations face: once, twice even! The carnage, it's thrilling! She starts to feel her blood call out...
Last edited August 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Rolls

Attack 1 - (1d20+6)

(9) + 6 = 15

Attack 2 - (1d20+6)

(16) + 6 = 22

Damage (slashing) - (1d8+4, 1d8+4)

1d8+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

1d8+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

Aug 11, 2021 8:39 pm
CherokeeWind says:
The chimes, the sarcophagus that seemed to want to burst forth some entity and the groans of pain from their own people seemed more than enough stimulus to cause the most stalwart among them to pause. However, the evil mage slithering around had chose not to leave the clouding of the party's minds to primal fear but to deliver it magically. Turner saw the familiar weave twist to form a nightmare for each of them but before the magic could be delivered the dark images encountered a quick burst of air essentially blowing out the magic like a candle. No! Not today! Your reign of fear has come to an end.
OOC:
Counterspell is a reaction. You still have your action
Aug 12, 2021 1:29 am
While Vanessa engages the yuan-ti, Khezzik skulks behind a pillar and assesses the abomination's weak points, waiting for his moment to strike.
OOC:
Move: Into cover behind a pillar.
Action: Attack the Abomination with hand crossbow. Advantage due to Pack Tactics. Sneak attack due to Advantage.
Bonus action: Hide (using Cunning Action)

Rolls

Hand crossbow to hit (advantage, sneak attack) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7, 4d6+4)

1d20+7 : (19) + 7 = 26

1d20+7 : (14) + 7 = 21

4d6+4 : (3341) + 4 = 15

Stealth - (1d20+10)

(16) + 10 = 26

Aug 12, 2021 5:39 am
Tonic takes a vial of greenish liquid and uses the tentacles of his new All-purpose tool to fling it like a slingshot at the abomination...
OOC:
casting melf's acid arrow on the abomination
[ +- ] Melf's acid arrow

Rolls

Ranged spell attack - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

Acid arrow initial damage - (4d4+3)

(1312) + 3 = 10

Aug 12, 2021 6:33 am
Tonics vial smashes as it hits the Abominations sholder, but the liquid continues to fall on the ground and does no damage to the skin.
Khezzik places a bolt in its tail to much pain and complaint. Soon after it is pelted by arcane dragons from Takeshis spell.

Vanessa battles the Malison with the longsword and get in some good hits.

runekyndig sent a note to runekyndig
OOC:
@CherokeeWind by this time tomorrow I will make a cantrip attack on your behalf if you do not take further action, and post the actions of the Yuan-ti
Aug 12, 2021 6:39 am
OOC:
@runekyndig I was moving to P16 to attack the abomination and also remain in range of Malison #1.
Aug 12, 2021 2:49 pm
Hearing the exhortation from Takeshi, Turner knew that the elder elf was correct, the true threat was whatever was to be resurrected from the sarcophagus. Those performing the ritual would likely continue forward, trying to work around the interruption especially if that glow was any indication of completion.

Turner needed to completely capture that attention of the abomination. Raising both hands to the air with her fingers like claws that she rent the very essence out of the air, Turner then brought her arms in front of her with a clap sending forth a crackling white light that wrapped the coffin holding it closed. The sarcophagus is now secured with the Whip of Mobius. Unless I am dead that coffin isn't opening! Turner shoots a self satisfied smile with a dip of her head to the abomination across the chamber before taking a step back through the door.
OOC:
Minor illusion cantrip with theatrics. Probably would have had to step forward a couple of spaces to cast and definitely wouldn't have had as cocky of a smile in the end if I had known what I was going to roll but....what can I say? That one hurt! Anyway she steps back but I don't think she can make the door.
Last edited August 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Aug 15, 2021 8:39 am
The Abomination becomes furious after Turner does her magic and rushes towards her. It tries to constrict and bite her.
OOC:
Vanessa has an oppertunity attack
Vanessa has her own problems with the Malison who strikes several blows at her while circling around. The other Malison seems torn on who to shoot at. In the end, it decides on a shot at Nirion and Takeshi and afterward, it moves to support the first Malison with Vanessa

OOC:
Turner is grappled (escape DC 14). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the yuan-ti can't constrict another target.I have changed her token to reflect that she has an ongoing condition
OOC:
You guys should not hold anything back in this encounter. This is a tough one. You each should have a couple of healing potions from the ships store.

Rolls

Abomination Constrict (bludgeoning damage) - (1d20+7, 2d6+4)

1d20+7 : (20) + 7 = 27

2d6+4 : (35) + 4 = 12

Abomination Bite (pircing + poision damage) - (1d20+7, 1d6+4, 3d6)

1d20+7 : (16) + 7 = 23

1d6+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

3d6 : (634) = 13

Abomination Constrict crit (bludgeoning damage) - (2d6)

(12) = 3

Ym1, sword attack vs Vanessa (slashing) - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d6+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Ym1, bite attack vs Vanessa (piercing+ poison) - (1d20+5, 1d4+3, 2d6)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

1d4+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

2d6 : (24) = 6

Ym2, longbow vs Nirion (piercing+ poison) - (1d20+4, 1d8+2, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

1d8+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

2d6 : (21) = 3

Ym2, longbow vs Takeshi (piercing+ poison) - (1d20+4, 1d8+2, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

1d8+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

2d6 : (61) = 7

Aug 15, 2021 12:21 pm
If we are back to the top, Nirion will.now.drop that fireball where it will hit YM1 and 2 but not the party. (Dex save 14)

Rolls

wild magic chance - (1d20)

(12) = 12

damage - (8d6)

(55134433) = 28

Aug 15, 2021 12:44 pm
Nirions fireball fills the area with flame. The Malison with the swords seems to be hurt badly (the star means bloodied = more then haft HP is gone). The pureblood yuan-ti on the alter is no longer fighting her bonds, but still breathing. Her companion is still thrashing around to get free.
OOC:
The ones on the alter are restrained and can't roll or dodge the fireball. The auto fail their save

Rolls

Ym1 dex save - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Ym2 dex save - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Aug 15, 2021 1:17 pm
OOC:
Is it normal I can't see Tonic on the map ?
Aug 15, 2021 2:38 pm
deadpool_qc says:
OOC:
Is it normal I can't see Tonic on the map ?
sorry my bad.
Aug 15, 2021 7:03 pm
OOC:
Last round's AOO.
Vanessa delivers a parting blow.
Last edited August 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Rolls

Opportunity attack - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Damage (slashing) - (1d8+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Aug 16, 2021 12:09 am
Well it had seemed like a good ploy to get the yuan-ti's attention but now wrapped in a scaley embrace Turner was reconsidering her word choice. Maybe dead should not have been put suggested as the crushing coils threatened to steal her breath as the fangs punctured the surface of her skin pumping poison through the wizard's veins.

Her body seemed to offer no resistance as Turner choked out the words that allowed that her form to dissolve into a grey mist escaping the abomination using Misty Step before all life was gone. Vanessa had boasted she was a woman who could take care of herself. The wizard certainly hoped it wasn't an empty claim as she materialized behind the guide using Vanessa as a barrier with a very sharp sword. Turner continued to move hoping she managed to duck behind the sarcophagus before the yuan-ti was able to track her current location.

Crouched trying to catch her breath, Turner restores some of her health by consuming a healing potion.
OOC:
I had originally thought I was dead but had not added my CON modifiers onto my HP. What a relief! Would someone please tell me the amount of hit points in these potions? Thanks!
Aug 16, 2021 1:12 am
Okay. So Vanessa had taken a bit of a beating; far more then what she was prepared for from these priests (who in Vanesssa's experience: were usually wimpy) to dish out. It was becoming time for her to turn to the wild side. What is that exactly? well...
"Vanessa, you must learn to control your....'gift', okay sweetheart? You remember what happened last summer right?"
Vanessa did. She remembered seeing her crimson teeth in the mirror, the screams of mademoiselle Damerow who watched the violent act, unable to react in any way besides abject terror. Why do I have this? What did grandfather do?
Dad's not here. Vanessa reminds herself why she became independent; time to let loose.

She can only hope no one minds as she accepts the aspect of the beast once again. Her eyes are jumping between the two Yaun-ti who are within her reach. She takes her sword and...quickly sheathes it before tearing into the already wounded Malison. Literally. Her hands have shifted into what can only be described as animal claws which are being utilized in an attempt to reduce Vanessa's foes into several pieces.
OOC:
Raging! Won't do this every rage, wanted to give some context and story.

Attacking YM1, if they die please transfer subsequent attacks to YM2.

Forgot to add +2 to the damage for each attack!
Last edited August 17, 2021 3:44 am

Rolls

Attack 1 (slashing) - (1d20+6)

(9) + 6 = 15

Damage 1 - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Free claw attack - (1d20+6)

(9) + 6 = 15

Free attack damage (slashing) - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

2nd attack - (1d20+6)

(10) + 6 = 16

2nd attack damage (slashing) - (1d6+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Aug 16, 2021 3:47 pm
OOC:
That was an awesome rich explanation, somebox! So glad you included it!
Aug 17, 2021 2:47 am
OOC:
Agreed, that was very cool!
After Turner evaporates into mist, Khezzik takes advantage of the Abomination's confusion to shoot it with his crossbow. When it momentarily focuses its attention on him, he immediately flees and hides.
OOC:
Action: Attack
Move: Behind the pillar at M13
Bonus: Hide

Rolls

Hand crossbow vs Abomination (advantage, sneak attack) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7, 4d6+4)

1d20+7 : (17) + 7 = 24

1d20+7 : (14) + 7 = 21

4d6+4 : (4154) + 4 = 18

Stealth - (1d20+10)

(7) + 10 = 17

Aug 17, 2021 8:36 am
OOC:
Healing potion recovers 2d4+4 HP
Vanessa slashes and rips into the Malison (Ym1), bearing down to the ground with several important bits missing.
OOC:
Remaining bad guys(snakes) awaits Takeshi and Tonic actions
[ +- ] big battlemap
Aug 17, 2021 1:16 pm
OOC:
Enjoyed Vanessa's transformation!

I intended to post yesterday when mandatory training and the fall of Kabul consumed my focus.
Takeshi witnessed the guide's change and the swift, if perhaps overzealous, actions of his crew. The art worked against the foes, and this moved their foes into the center of the room. He gestured and invoked, summoning forth a swirling cloud of flaming dragonflies seared around the ritualist nearest the lycanthropic noble woman. He called out to her, observing some intellect in her actions. "Fix or drag these yuan-ti into the flames!"

He then moved nearby Khezzik to continue to blockage the sarcophagus with its dangerous contents.
OOC:
Upcast Cloud of Daggers, exchanging slashing for fire for the visuals. The yuan-ti near Vanessa auto takes the damage on its turn for being stuck within the flames. Anyone who enters or gets dragged into the square takes the damage.

Move to K13.
Last edited August 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Rolls

Cloud of Daggers Flame damage - (6d4)

(211133) = 11

load next

Thread locked