Out Of Character Comment Thread

load previous
Jul 27, 2021 4:54 pm
... nothing else, except maybe any needed changes of clothing, or disguise kits?
Jul 27, 2021 5:10 pm
I may be wrong, but doesn't the corebook say, in regards to gear,to list what gear would make sense and not go overboard?
Last edited July 27, 2021 5:10 pm
Jul 27, 2021 5:18 pm
Squadfather44 says:
I may be wrong, but doesn't the corebook say, in regards to gear,to list what gear would make sense and not go overboard?
It may, but "overboard" is subjective, and I feel that a lot of the templates that are in the rules have inventories that are overboard. The bounty hunter has a metric butt-ton of gear, including a thermal detonator. The Smuggler starts with a ship and all contents that are inside the ship, even if it is on lease. Everyone can have a want list, but it doesn’t mean everything will be approved. With this group, I haven’t seen anything that’s been overboard or out of the question in terms of gear/inventory requests.
Jul 27, 2021 7:20 pm
vagueGM says:
GM: What gear do we start with, I only listed two items that seemed interesting and relevant to the character. What else should we have?
If your using a template, it usually has some gear and Credits for personalization. If your starting from scratch, it's on page 24 of the REUP pdf:

Starting Equipment
List reasonable starting equipment for that character. If the gamemaster assigns a starting credit
amount, or if you are rolling on the above "Starting Credits" table, additional equipment may be purchased for a starting character.

Class Credits
Poor: 2D × 100
Average: 2D × 250
Wealthy: 2D × 400

The class is kind of subjective based on concept. I went with average for my guy.
Last edited July 27, 2021 7:22 pm
Jul 27, 2021 9:58 pm
That's cool! Good for future reference.

Esidrix, you're good to go for posting in character. Brought you into where the other PCs are at with last post.
Jul 28, 2021 3:28 pm
I am not sure where is best to discuss OOC issues related to the current RP. I am used to, um, 'more sophisticated' tools where there is an OOC space alongside the RP threads. Do we post OOC messages in the RP thread for this sort of thing?

Anyway, I deliberately had Kezza hesitate and not forcefully stake a claim on the cabin they wanted, so if someone wants to muscle in and snag it first they will have to live with it.
Someone perceptive may have noticed their leanings towards that cabin, but if no one did, then that is also interesting for the story.
Someone perceptive may have noticed that Kezza is looking lost and want to help, but if not, then they will make do.

I will hold off on responding till we know if Esidrix intended for Dan'lo to take the cabin from Kezza --OOC this is welcome, and will bring some drama, if we want it.
Jul 28, 2021 4:03 pm
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread. I need to slow down when reading :) - I went a head and edited my post to indicate I saw you heading there.
Jul 28, 2021 4:05 pm
vagueGM says:
I am not sure where is best to discuss OOC issues related to the current RP. I am used to, um, 'more sophisticated' tools where there is an OOC space alongside the RP threads. Do we post OOC messages in the RP thread for this sort of thing?
You can. Players and I have already done so. Look at the bottom of some of the posts. You’ll see "OOC" or "OOCC" followed by comments that clarify matters. You also have the ability to post in the OOC Thread.
vagueGM says:

Anyway, I deliberately had Kezza hesitate and not forcefully stake a claim on the cabin they wanted, so if someone wants to muscle in and snag it first they will have to live with it.
Someone perceptive may have noticed their leanings towards that cabin, but if no one did, then that is also interesting for the story.
Someone perceptive may have noticed that Kezza is looking lost and want to help, but if not, then they will make do.
Okay, so eyeing cabin 3 (which I see you mentioned IC) but not taking the cabin and instead exploring the ship (which was not mentioned before IC, but is being mentioned now in the OOC thread). Noted. It’s however you want to handle it.
vagueGM says:
I will hold off on responding till we know if Esidrix intended for Dan'lo to take the cabin from Kezza --OOC this is welcome, and will bring some drama, if we want it.
That’s fine too. I honestly think it was a mistake or typo, but we’ll see.
Jul 28, 2021 4:06 pm
Esidrix says:
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread. I need to slow down when reading :) - I went a head and edited my post to indicate I saw you heading there.
...and there we have it. Issue resolved. Post away vagueGM! :)
Jul 28, 2021 4:32 pm
Esidrix says:
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread ...
No worries. Would have been fine, but I just wanted to make sure it was a thing.
IG77 says:
.. instead exploring the ship (which was not mentioned before IC, but is being mentioned now in the OOC thread). Noted. It’s however you want to handle it.
Nope, not exploring, just standing looking lost. :)

There is also an OOC tag available on the menu, it styles that part so people can easily see it is OOC.
I have used this in an earlier post. I just did not want to add a new post that was purely OOC to handle this chat which did not belong in the RP thread.

Adding an OOC to an existing post is risky, the site does not provide any feedback about it so these are easily overlooked.
Jul 28, 2021 4:43 pm
vagueGM says:
Esidrix says:
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread ...
No worries. Would have been fine, but I just wanted to make sure it was a thing.
IG77 says:
.. instead exploring the ship (which was not mentioned before IC, but is being mentioned now in the OOC thread). Noted. It’s however you want to handle it.
Nope, not exploring, just standing looking lost. :)

There is also an OOC tag available on the menu, it styles that part so people can easily see it is OOC.
I have used this in an earlier post. I just did not want to add a new post that was purely OOC to handle this chat which did not belong in the RP thread.

Adding an OOC to an existing post is risky, the site does not provide any feedback about it so these are easily overlooked.
Okay, you're not exploring the ship, but still manage to find cabin 3 and eye it while standing around looking lost. Noted.

In terms of responding in an IC thread with an OOC comment, use whatever makes you comfortable. If you want to use the tag, great. If you just want to type OOCC or OOC and then your out of character comments in the IC thread, that's fine too.
Jul 29, 2021 2:00 am
A sum up what’s happening, since a lot has been typed:

Mennoe is speaking with Varn in the cockpit.
Dan’lo is looking at something odd in the infirmary.
Kezza is in their cabin.
Lynax is presumably in the lounge.
Roooarg is in the engine room.

After Mennoe and Dan’lo have brought what they’re doing to a conclusion, I’ll likely move us along to arrival (unless there is more interaction). Does anyone have an issue with that?
Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm
If we want to use the new dice highlighting feature the GM can add this to the game:

{
"diceRules":[
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold underline"}
]
}

This looks at the last die and colors it red if it is a 1 and green if it is a 6, and underlines them, reminding us about the Wild Die.
This is on a per game basis, so the GM needs to enable it if we want it to work. See the official post about the feature and how to set it up.

We can also try the 'dice rolling macros'.
The GM needs to add {"characterSheetIntegration":true} to the setting mentioned above.

If we want both the sheet based rolling and the highlights:

{
"diceRules":[
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold underline"}
],
"characterSheetIntegration":true
}

We each then need to add a table to our sheets if we want access to the quick roller. Here is one for my sheet, adjust numbers as needed. (The 'code' tag adds a whole lot of blank lines, you don't need them, it may be easier to Quote this post and then copy from the edit window, include the spoiler tags or the table will display on your sheet all the time, your call.):

[spoiler="rolls table"]
[table="rolls"]
Attribute  | Skill         |      roll
Dexterity  |               |     3D6+1
           | Pick Pocket   |     3D6+2
           | Dodge         |     4D6+1
Perception |               |     4D6+2
           | Persuasion    | 6D6+2+1D6
           | Persuasion 2  | 6D6+2+2D6
           | Persuasion 3  | 6D6+2+3D6
           | Sneak         |       5D6
           | Search        |     4D6+2
           | Hide          |     4D6+2
           | Investigation |     4D6+2
           | Con           |     4D6+2
           | Gambling      |     4D6+2
Knowledge  |               |     4D6+2
           | Languages     |     6D6+2
           | Cultures      |     4D6+2
           | Alien Species |     4D6+2
           | Streetwise    |     4D6+2
           | Willpower     |     4D6+2
Strength   |               |     2D6+1
           | Swimming      | 2D6+1+1D6
Mechanical |               |       2D6
Technical  |               |       2D6
           | Security      |       3D6
           | Computers     |     2D6+1
[/table]
[/spoiler]

Shout if you need any help.
Jul 29, 2021 1:14 pm
Thoughts on this everyone? No one is required to do this, but for those interested, I’ll tinker around and set the codes up on my end when I can (next few days). Thanks.
Jul 29, 2021 2:02 pm
I need help. Where is the "advanced rules definitions" the GM must enter code into located?
Jul 29, 2021 2:21 pm
Click Edit the game's Details page, then you will see it at the bottom, right above the Save button.
Jul 29, 2021 2:35 pm
vagueGM says:
Click Edit the game's Details page, then you will see it at the bottom, right above the Save button.
Alrighty, I’ll take a look at that later tonight. Thanks.
Jul 29, 2021 6:35 pm
Testing

Rolls

Test 1 - (4d6)

(6146) = 17

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.