Out Of Character Comment Thread

load previous
Aug 2, 2021 3:26 pm
With regard to spending the Force Point. Do we know beforehand how difficult the test is? We are new to this, so we are still calibrating.
Aug 2, 2021 3:38 pm
vagueGM says:
With regard to spending the Force Point. Do we know beforehand how difficult the test is? We are new to this, so we are still calibrating.
This whole encounter was a test to see what people would do and it will help me shape the game to include more people in future encounters. It's a learning experience for everyone. I can't give you exact information but I'm using this as a guide:

1-5 Very Bad Outcome (attacked)
6-10 Bad Outcome (boarded)
11-15 Not Good But Manageable
16-20 Good Outcome
21+ Better than Expected Outcome
30 Excellent Outcome
Aug 2, 2021 3:44 pm
Understood.
48 on the roll and the Wild die was a 6. What does that mean again? Exploding reroll?
Aug 2, 2021 3:52 pm
vagueGM says:
Understood.
48 on the roll and the Wild die was a 6. What does that mean again? Exploding reroll?
Roll in the in character chapter thread please. If you get a 6 on the wild dice, reroll the next d6 with another post and we'll add it.
Aug 2, 2021 3:54 pm
IG77 says:
vagueGM says:
Understood.
Roll in the in character chapter thread please. If you get a 6 on the wild dice, reroll the next d6 with another post and we'll add it.
Never mind. It looks like you edited it in. Yes, reroll the last 6 and add.
Aug 2, 2021 4:15 pm
I added the Wild Die and got a 3.
Aug 2, 2021 4:24 pm
vagueGM says:
I added the Wild Die and got a 3.
Yes, that's quite the substantial total. 51.

Okay, I'll be going forward in the next few hours (after 3 pm CST).
Aug 2, 2021 9:56 pm
I'll give everyone a chance to talk, voice their concerns, etc. after this encounter before moving forward on Wednesday. If you're all ready to forward, please let me know. I may move forward sooner if we have a majority wanting to do so. Thanks.
Aug 3, 2021 3:58 am
I figured we'd use something like this whenever there's another shipboard scenario to avoid confusion. This is my best guess as to where everyone is at post Shocksnare encounter. I'll ask everyone where they are at the beginning of a ship board scenario/crisis and if players or NPCs move, I'll update the map. With 5+ people moving around, it'd be good to know who's next to you (or if anyone is next to you).

https://i.imgur.com/wkio1DX.png
Aug 5, 2021 2:13 pm
mrpiklik is on vacation, so I'll be moving him along with the group. Moving forward tonight at midnight CST.
Aug 6, 2021 6:21 pm
Im not super deep on Star Wars lore, I looked up Ryyk blade on Wookiepedia. They seem to be sorta of a ceremonial blade? Would it be fitting to be clearing brush with something like this?

I would imagine that hacking their way through the jungle is probably unusual for Wookies, they'd normally just climb and jump between the trees, but not everyone here can do that.
Aug 6, 2021 6:33 pm
Rezart says:
Im not super deep on Star Wars lore, I looked up Ryyk blade on Wookiepedia. They seem to be sorta of a ceremonial blade? Would it be fitting to be clearing brush with something like this?

I would imagine that hacking their way through the jungle is probably unusual for Wookies, they'd normally just climb and jump between the trees, but not everyone here can do that.
Some of them may be specifically for ceremonies and others not so much.

Below, I'll be paraphrasing and quoting from the Star Wars D20 Arms and Equipment Guide (page 29):

"The traditional melee weapon of the Wookiees of Kashyyyk, a ryyk blade is a long machete with a hide wrapped grip." The book shows two pictures on the page, one being a curved sickle-like knife, the other looks like a big machete (the kind previously owned by Shaam). The book indicates that "blade and grip designs vary widely" and "all have their origin in broad blades originally used to clear overgrowth and later adapted into melee weapons."

This really is the only exotic weapon or device that you've all come across as of yet. I plan on drawing out what the blade looks like and as time goes on, and you all find more things, I'll elaborate in a Exotic Weapons and Strange Devices Thread.

But back to the point: I think the blade would be perfect for hacking through vegetation, in fact, it has a secondary function to do just that.
Aug 7, 2021 7:09 am
I am spending 3 character points to raise Droid Repair from 3D6+1 to 3D6+2
Aug 7, 2021 3:51 pm
Rezart says:
I am spending 3 character points to raise Droid Repair from 3D6+1 to 3D6+2
Alrighty! Go ahead and make the change if you haven't already. I'll be issuing out character points later.
Aug 7, 2021 4:10 pm
I did forgot to roll the bonus die in Initiative.
I can add it if Kezza going early can help others, else I am happy to gift it to someone else (with a shouted warning?) if the rules allow and we think it will benefit the party more.
Aug 7, 2021 6:58 pm
vagueGM says:
I did forgot to roll the bonus die in Initiative.
I can add it if Kezza going early can help others, else I am happy to gift it to someone else (with a shouted warning?) if the rules allow and we think it will benefit the party more.
Go ahead and add it in. It will assist in giving direction for anyone who can give the direction.
Aug 7, 2021 7:11 pm
Added it, got a 1. Not sure what that means, it was probably the last die, so the Wild one, so not good. :)
Aug 9, 2021 10:19 pm
IG77 says:
For example, if combat breaks out on a Monday, a player would have the rest of Monday and all the way up to midnight on Tuesday CST (00:01 is now Wednesday and I may be up). That's anywhere from 36-48 hours of round declaration availability, so that's not too terribly quick, but at a solid pace.
I just wanted to reiterate what I said a few weeks ago. I think Kenny Loggins would agree that you're all in the "danger zone" IC. I'll be going forward at my earliest convenience on Wednesday with how the round plays out. If everyone gets their actions in sooner, I may be able to go forward sooner. You're all getting between 36-48 hours to respond per round. If you have any questions regarding movement, movement in relation to the map, actions, penalties for multiple actions, etc., we can discuss it here or by PM.
Aug 14, 2021 4:04 pm
Going forward in 24 hours. Thanks.
Aug 24, 2021 6:22 am
I'm going to wait to get up to 20cp and then boost my DEX. I assume we are OK to spend mid adventure as long as we don't do it during an encounter or something, right?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.