Out Of Character Comment Thread

load previous
Jul 29, 2021 6:38 pm
It looks like I’ve used up at least two weeks worth of good luck to perform the test. If anybody else wants to add the codes described by vagueGM to their character sheets, it should be up and running.
Jul 30, 2021 4:27 am
Don't forget to change the numbers from the example I posted. Those are Kezza's, you can't have them. :)
I can make a table with all the Abilities and Skills listed if people think it would be useful, you would still need to fill in the details. Working out export a rolls table from something like Google Sheets would be cool.

I chose to fill in the dice for some Skills that were the same as the Attribute (unupgraded), that way I can click on the Skill and have it autofill and use the right 'Reason'. I only did the ones that I though looked interesting for Kezza during Character Creation.

You can also leave the unchanged Skills off the list, click the Attribute, then edit the Reason before you hit Post.
You can edit the number of dice on the fly, just click what you want to roll then change the dice in the Roll field.
Jul 30, 2021 4:39 am
I'm sorry for any confusion, but since Roooargh is the ship's engineer and there is availability to do astrogation in engineering, that's where I thought he was at. There wasn't any interaction to speak of between him and those that were in the cockpit, nor did I recall him referencing anyone near him.

In any case, this is a small ship (Roooargh will be found in a matter of seconds if in one place or the other), and I know I have players who are interested in getting to where the mission calls, and we've been dealing with the screw in the wall situation now for 36 hours of real time. Let's wrap this up with some Perception/Search checks. Thank you.
Jul 30, 2021 4:45 am
If you want the dice code to automatically roll the damage at the same time it rolls to hit, you can use `3D6+1, 4D6` as the dice code in the table. You will get two lines in the dice results. They are unlabeled , so you need to remember that the to hit comes first and the damage second (ignore it if you did not hit).
A sample line for the table could be something like:

| Attribute  | Skill            |        roll | Range    |
| Dexterity  |                  |       3D6+1 |          |
|            | Pick Pocket      |       3D6+2 |          |
|            | Dodge            |       4D6+1 |          |
|            | Sporting Blaster | 3D6+1, 3D+1 | 10/30/60 |

The 'Range' field/column (any field after the Roll) is ignore and just for your information.
Jul 30, 2021 5:07 am
Looks like the dice does are case sensitive or --more likely-- the highlight code is. :(
The GM can add a few lines to cover capital Ds:

{
"diceRules":[
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"}
],
"characterSheetIntegration":true
}
Jul 30, 2021 5:09 am
vagueGM says:
Looks like the dice does are case sensitive or --more likely-- the highlight code is. :(
The GM can add a few lines to cover capital Ds:

{
"diceRules":[
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"}
],
"characterSheetIntegration":true
}
Just wanted to be clear...Add these and not subtract what's already in there, correct?
Jul 30, 2021 5:14 am
You can just replace the whole thing with the new one.

All it does is add the three lines for D6, and the comma (json is picky).
Jul 30, 2021 5:33 am
vagueGM says:
You can just replace the whole thing with the new one.

All it does is add the three lines for D6, and the comma (json is picky).
Alrighty, should be good to go now.
Jul 30, 2021 2:12 pm
Moving ahead through the next 24 traveling hours tonight…
Jul 31, 2021 2:53 am
A Stripes reference? In Star Wars?
::monocle pops out::
Jul 31, 2021 2:23 pm
Rezart says:
That’s a fact Jack! 😁
Jul 31, 2021 2:58 pm
IG77 says:
Rezart says:
That’s a fact Jack! 😁
Well done! Lol
Jul 31, 2021 8:01 pm
Thanks! I had fun with entering the Stripes reference. My family has been using it for a long time.
Jul 31, 2021 9:19 pm
I posted everyone's CP in the Character Points thread. Go ahead and add your character points to your character sheets and let me know if you've improved any skills and your subtracted cp totals for doing so. If you need help, I posted some information below your totals that may help. If not, let me know. Thanks.
Aug 1, 2021 8:21 pm
I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Moving forward in 24 hours to give everyone a chance to act or give their takes on the situation.
Aug 2, 2021 2:18 pm
Quote:
I also did not plan for much time to have passed. Just enough for someone to feed Kezza a line of technobabble to repeat. Then Varn stepped in before they could and I feel Kezza has lost the conversation.
If anyone has any suggestions about how to proceed we can try, but, OOC, I am quite happy to have Kezza storm off in a huff and leave it up to Varn, this can set a tone for some tension between them (Kezza might assume some racism, or might not, yet at any rate) and will add to their lack of happiness being here.
I’ve had a bit more time to think about this, so I figured I’d let you know how I’m seeing it and ask for some clarification as to how to proceed.

-The clock is always ticking. Varn is assuming that since Kezza was hired as a persuasion/bs artist, they’d be familiar with doing so, and would perform.
-Kezza has been prompted in character and out of character to act, and yet hasn’t yet done any persuasion or con attempts.
-Varn has stepped in and answered calls because in this potentially life threatening scenario, Kezza hasn’t responded to anything except Varn.
-If Kezza doesn’t do something in the next six hours, I hope I don’t hear any complaints out of character about missed opportunities to act. Kezza has had several opportunities and has kind of waffled out of making a decision.
-While a line of technobabble will be useful for a final convincing for the Imps to "let this one go," its not required for a simple BS response to the Imp Captain, or a persuasion or con roll to back up whatever lie you tell. This hasn't been done yet at all.
-With all of that said, what’s it going to be? Is Kezza going to walk off in a huff, respond to the Imperial Captain with a lie to buy some time, hand that call to Varn and continue to wait for someone to hand Kezza a line of technobabble, or continue to complain about Varn’s actions due to their own inaction? Again, lots of options. Let me know ASAP. We're approaching "times up" on the Imperials patience.
Aug 2, 2021 2:40 pm
I was waiting for the other players to get involved, allowing those with the relevant skills to contribute details to the persuasion.
I did not know who else was in the cockpit, but assumed everyone could respond from where they were anyway. The question was not addressed to anyone in particular, but to everyone, as per the OOC.
One player had asked about how such a contribution would work, I made a suggestion, then an hour later (out of game time) Varn stepped in and started the conversation, making it much harder for Kezza to do their job.
Therefor I responded in character to this new situation, and in game time has passed because of it.
I was still waiting to see if anyone wanted to help Kezza in the next few hours.
I will assume the situation in the engine room is known to us and put together a response as though someone told Kezza enough for them to formulate a lie.
Aug 2, 2021 2:50 pm
vagueGM says:
I was waiting for the other players to get involved, allowing those with the relevant skills to contribute details to the persuasion.
I did not know who else was in the cockpit, but assumed everyone could respond from where they were anyway. The question was not addressed to anyone in particular, but to everyone, as per the OOC.
One player had asked about how such a contribution would work, I made a suggestion, then an hour later (out of game time) Varn stepped in and started the conversation, making it much harder for Kezza to do their job.
Therefor I responded in character to this new situation, and in game time has passed because of it.
I was still waiting to see if anyone wanted to help Kezza in the next few hours.
I will assume the situation in the engine room is known to us and put together a response as though someone told Kezza enough for them to formulate a lie.
As far as I've been able to tell:

Pharo and Strata are buckled in or in the lounge or infirmary. Rooargh and Coeburn are in the engine room. Coeburn has made an adjustment to the drive. The ship reacts to this adjustment and it can be felt in the cockpit. We can assume that MRT has relayed the situation to the cockpit with information on a potential radiation leak. That's should be a wealth of information in dealing with the Imperials.
Aug 2, 2021 3:19 pm
I think what I'm going to start doing is for ship board type scenarios, I'm going to start having people declare where they're at to eliminate any confusion. If they don't declare, they're buckling in. There wasn't any mention of Dan'lo or Lynax moving to the cockpit (we can only assume they buckled in or are elsewhere). Coeburn left the cockpit after arriving with a suggestion. Coeburn then joined Roooargh in the cockpit. That left Kezza and Varn in the cockpit.
Aug 2, 2021 3:25 pm
Do we need to know at that level of detail where people are? I assumed we could communicate from anywhere in the ship?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.