Chapter 3 - HQ Interlude

load previous
Jun 10, 2016 7:43 pm
Nix nudges Phina and whispers telepathically, "Whoa, I've never been sent on such a complicated mission before! It was always go in, get out. But this now...this is heavy stuff!"
Jun 10, 2016 7:59 pm
Phina, clumsily at first, sends back, I've never been on a mission before, I wasn't sure if this was normal or not. I was so excited when they approached me to go on this mission. They actually packed up most of my lab last night and put it on the Sub Way.
Jun 10, 2016 8:27 pm
"So you're coming with us?! THIS IS AWESOME!" Nix says the last bit aloud without meaning to, with an excited squeal and hopping to her feet. Suddenly all eyes are on her and she grins sheepishly. "Ah, sorry. Um yeah, I'm just...excited to be going on another mission, is all." Nix sits back down and tries her best to suppress a giggle.
Last edited June 10, 2016 8:27 pm
Jun 10, 2016 8:34 pm
Phina claps her hand over her mouth as you jump up to suppress her laughter. Once it calms down again she sends, I know! I'm so excited! I finally get to see what it's like to do what you do!
Jun 10, 2016 8:39 pm
Samuel, after Nix's outburst, turns his focus back to Xadira and Aelar. We didn't assume such a thing would be possible, so we didn't have a planned contingency for uniting the houses for aid. I'm afraid The Dagger's have no true ideas to support the concept, he says, slightly disappointed that they hadn't thought of the idea, and knowing it would add a very daunting task.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Moofsalot
Jun 11, 2016 1:20 am
"A shame" Ütés sighs as she backs away from the table. "I would assume, with what Samuel has said, that attempting to unite the houses, or even to make contact with them, would risk exposing our mission."

Mumbling to herself as she starts to slowly pace back and forth, Ütés considers other options but ultimately decides that Samuel's original plan will have to do, considering the lack of decent intel.

"I suppose once we're in the palace we'll have to find some way to draw The Bard out. Perhaps Bill would be of some service to us in this regard?"
Jun 11, 2016 5:22 pm
Firn remains quiet during this briefing. The thought of sewers gives him a feeling of distaste, but like waves upon a cliff, eventually such difficulties will become lessened over time.
Jun 13, 2016 7:18 pm
Bill steps forward. I'm hoping part of Theodore is still in there. Part that I can use to draw him out to us. As I said before I would like to try to save him if we can, but if it comes down to it, I hope you will have no hesitation in doing what must be done, bummer as it may be, he says, looking to Utes in particular.
Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm
"We'll need to find a way to open the paths between the wards once more. Perhaps if we show them that we can and will help restore trade to their city, they would help us in our task!" This is a complicated and delicate operation. Hmmm.
Jun 16, 2016 12:02 am
"We will attempt to save your friend." Ütés says.

"But I will not allow harm to come to mine. Should the bard make any type of threatening move he will die where he stands!"
Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am
So we know the plan as we have it. And time is of the essence, so I will send all of this with you on the Sub Way. Bill will accompany, as well as the company of Dagger guardsmen. We will also be sending Eagin and Phina with you as well. Both should provide very useful. Phina is one of our top tinkers and Eagin is a masterful field agent.

He wraps up the maps and presents them to Utés. You should all go see the Vault Master and receive your supplies for this mission. For your service thus far consider your current items a gift of our appreciation.
Jun 16, 2016 2:53 am
Firn nods his understanding, and waits to follow someone to see this Vault Master.
Jun 16, 2016 3:11 am
"Thank you! Oh, yes, this is just marvelous!" I somehow resist the urge to hug the half-orc. "Let us go pick up our supplies then, yes?" I nod vigorously towards the other group members before skipping towards the Magical Vault of Wondrous Magical Items.
Jun 16, 2016 3:19 am
She must know where it is, thinks Firn, and follows Xadira.
Jun 16, 2016 10:55 am
Nix grabs Phina's hand and bounds off to see Ruven at the Vault.
Jun 16, 2016 1:46 pm
Aelar smiles, glad to have Eagin along for the trip, "Let's take care of this, then we can all take a much-needed vacation!"
Jun 16, 2016 4:02 pm
Phina skips along with Nix speaking a mile a minute, Oh gosh I'm so excited, I can't believe I finally get to go out on mission. This is going to be so FUUUUN. I have to show you all the things I've been working on, you have to see the Sub Way car that made into my mobile tinker workshop! I've never been to see the vault master, would you believe it! Normally only the field agents have to go there, but I guess I'm one now! This is soooooo coooooool.

Eagin follows after Aelar, teasing him about hearing that the sister of his love awoke next to an empty bed this morning. All in a friendly jovial manner that family would have.

Bill follows the rest to the vault, but he seems mostly quiet and reserved the whole time. He did manage to thank Samuel, calling him 'green dude', before he left.
OOC:
Anyone want to do anything else before you go to meet the Vault Master?
Jun 16, 2016 9:37 pm
Storing the maps in her pack Ütés thanks Samuel for his help before she turns and follows the others to the Vault Master.
Jun 17, 2016 3:03 pm
As you enter the vault room you see the same high-elf that had given you your previous supplies when you left for the keep. The other two, Nix and Firn, recognize the vault master Ruven, they had met him when they first joined on for a mission. He glances up with his usual casual disinterest. Ah, back for more, he says dryly.

Since there are quite a few of you let's do this one at a time. Nixquilnamitzontecon Cuatextliyol. Please step forward., he says. Anyone who looks close enough might almost see the tiniest inkling of a tiny bit of a smile in the corner of his mouth. Of course he could just have an itch.
Jun 17, 2016 5:35 pm
Nix hops forward, grinning from ear to ear. "Hiya, Ruven! Here I am!"
load next

Thread locked