Chapter 3 - HQ Interlude

load previous
May 26, 2016 3:11 am
Ah, yeah. Thanks green dude. So me and my buddy Ted. We are musicians from Earth. That probably doesn't mean much to you but we were in a band, The Wild Stallions, back home. During our youth we were visited by a traveler through time. Rufus is what he called himself. He told us of our importance in our world. Our music would have true power. It would shape the future of our civilization. So he used his time traveling booth to help us bring famous old dudes back from our past to give a killer school presentation. Without that we would have broken up as a band for sure, he explains with a look of irreverence.

Well we did it. We changed our future with our music, and were rewarded with the time traveling booth. We traveled through time on more adventures, and unfortunately on our last adventure we went back to try and save a prince. Unfortunately he bit it in the booth. It was totally bogus. His blood somehow affected the booth and instead of traveling in time, we traveled between dimensions. We ended up here. In this world. That was centuries ago. The booth has been inoperable since. See, we have power here. Not just like metaphorical, but like actual power, he says, a little more seriously.

We don't age, we don't die. We have a magic I can't even explain. Our music doesn't just change lives here, it changes the world around us. But the instruments we had don't work here. They are broken and we couldn't repair them. With those we may have been able to get back to our time and our world. That is why Ted has been doing what he is doing. I think he has found something out, something to try and get back.

But Ted, the centuries haven't been cool to him. His music turned dark and brooding. He has turned traitor like an Eggs Benedict. He has been kidnapping these people to try and get them to fix our instruments, and make them work. I think he may also have taken your prince in an attempt to duplicate how we got here. Before he locked me away in that keep he kept talking about finding references to Rufus the Mad in this world. I think he is trying to bring Rufus here to help get us back to our world.
, he says with a sudden morbidity.

We need to stop him. To bring him back to his senses if we can...or..., he trails off with a look of sadness.
May 26, 2016 3:48 am
Firn looks serious, contemplative. Then after a thought, he speaks in a voice like oozing mud, "I have NO idea what this man is talking about."
May 26, 2016 3:59 am
Samuel looks a little thrown off as well after its all said and done. I. Uh. Utes, are you sure this man is uh...all together?
May 26, 2016 4:04 am
I carefully transcribe everything Bill says onto parchment for later analysis. "Bill and Ted. Are those human names? Could you spell them for me?"
May 26, 2016 4:28 am
For the record I'm Bill S. Preston, Esquire, and he is Theodore Logan, Bill says, with a mixture of pride and sadness on his face. Like the rememberance of glory days gone by.

He spells the names out for you as requested.
May 26, 2016 4:34 am
Satisfied that I've written everything down to the best of my ability, I turn my attention back to the others in the room. "I've seen what this man can do, and I can assure you that he possesses magic and knowledge that even I don't quite understand. And I am one who has dedicated my entire life to the study of wondrous magics and artifacts. He is telling the truth, as unbelievable and fascinating as it may seem. I want to know more, I want to understand. Bill S. Preston, Esquire, I will help you do whatever is needed. I'll never have an opportunity like this again!"
May 26, 2016 4:50 am
Thank you Elven lady. Excellent., he says.
May 26, 2016 5:46 am
Firn turns to Samuel. "So the assignment is to help Billess Preston?" An exhale of breath through his nostrils. "All right, then. What needs to be done?"
May 26, 2016 6:04 am
Nix's little pointed ears prick up at the mention of fellow spies working for the Daggers. She has never met any of her colleagues, and has often wondered idly how extensive is the Daggers spy network. She could easily have pried this information out of Samuel, but there is a line she hasn't yet felt the need to cross.

Nix giggles as Bill S. Preston Esquire finishes his story. Everything he has just said sounds just absolutely insane - in other words, exactly the kind of mystery Nix loves investigating. She gives the man a telepathic tap-on-the-shoulder: Hey Mister, I believe you even if these other jokers won't. I want to help. Tell me more." Out loud, Nix giggles again and asks, "What's a phone booth?"
May 26, 2016 1:20 pm
"I've seen what you can do, and you've done more for me than I can ever repay," Aelar says, eyes misting over, "You have my help with whatever you need."
May 27, 2016 1:42 pm
Well...I..uh..., Samuel seems at a loss for words but listens to how you speak of this man. Then we have much for our wisest do discuss with him before you head to Salar.

He turns to Fin, hearing him ask what the mission is, It would seem the mission is partially so. This man seems to have knowledge about our enemy we can use. However, our primary concern is the safety of your prince Utes. From what our spies have reported he is still very much alive, being held prisoner by The Bard. We were unsure why he has been kept for so long and it seems it is in preparation for...something.

Getting into The Bards fortress in Salar is going to take the combined power of all of you, he says, gesturing to the group as a whole. Salar is a town in the middle of a desert, but the town itself sits on a massive natural spring, there is an overabundance of natural pristine water that supports the town. Fin, you may find this place quite a welcome site.

The inhabitants are untrustworthy at best, and deviously cunning at deception. Nix, we need someone who will be able to pull the truth out of people who are not willing to give it. Xadira, your knowledge of the world may provide invaluable here. I would suggest studying up on the place before you go, if you are so inclined.

Aelar, I have no doubt your bardic magic is going to be a key to understanding and fighting The Bard if it comes to it., he says, giving each of you your general role in the team, and finally Utes. I have heard tale of your leadership. It seems your soldier duties have never ended and that is what we need from you.

He pauses for a moment to let it all sink in and then seems to remember something, Oh, and Eagin, glad to see you again. Feels like you've been in the field for ages. I think it's fitting you will join the team in Salar?

Indeed, someone needs to keep Aelar out of an early grave. Talia's going to need a suitor someday, he says as he flashes a smile back at Aelar, I guess he'll do.
May 27, 2016 6:40 pm
"Preparation!?" Ütés exclaims as Samuel's words snap her back to attention. "If that is indeed the case, then time is not on our side. We must leave at first light" she says as she starts pacing slowly back and forth deep in thought.

"The damned fool!" Ütés curses under her breath...
May 27, 2016 6:52 pm
Yes, I think first light would be best. The trip to Salar from here would normally be a journey of about 2 months. To cross the desert that surrounds the city is near suicide if you are not from the city itself, Samuel says, That is, unless you have the backing of The Daggers. We actually have something that has been a well guarded secret of The Daggers. He smiles as he says this.

This is probably not even known to you recruits. We usually only release knowledge of this to our most trusted and loyal inner circle, but it would seem this is absolutely needed. Our gnome tinkers have devised a mode of transportation, one that travels underground. It...well...it will be easy to show than tell. You will see it in the morning. For now, are there any more questions on the situation?
May 27, 2016 6:52 pm
Firn instinctively looks up, and sees the ceiling. "What time is it now?" he hmphs, unable to determine the hour of day as nature intended.
May 27, 2016 6:54 pm
Samuel flits his hand over a small orb on his desk and it turns a dark shade of purple. It's early evening. Sun has just gone down.
May 27, 2016 7:34 pm
"Excellent! We have a plan. I must visit the library presently." I give everyone a quick bow and exit the room, heading towards the main hall.
Last edited May 27, 2016 7:45 pm
May 27, 2016 7:37 pm
Aelar stares at Eagin, mouth agape, finally he gets some words, "You... What? How? When?"
May 27, 2016 7:38 pm
With a puzzled look Ütés asks "Travel underground? Caves?"
May 27, 2016 8:07 pm
Eagin looks back at you Aelar with a grin across his face. It's okay, take your time. I'll be right here.
May 27, 2016 8:08 pm
Yes, underground. Uh...sort of. Really, it will be best just to show you in the morning. Just know that we will cover that 2 month trip in about the span of two days. Faster if we can manage it.
load next

Thread locked