Chapter 3 - HQ Interlude

load previous
May 27, 2016 8:29 pm
"Maybe it's a water slide," says Firn, somewhat hopeful.
May 27, 2016 8:35 pm
Samuel chuckles a bit, before realizing you are probably serious. Uh. No. It's more like a mechanical wagon is maybe the best way to explain it. The gnomes have been calling it the Subteranean Waystation System. Everyone else has just been referring to it as a SubWay. It will take some time to prepare, but have no doubt it will get you there quick.
May 28, 2016 5:33 pm
Firn's expression is neutral. "Wonderful." If there is nothing else, Firn excuses himself to find his accommodations and check out what this city passes off as a bath.
May 30, 2016 6:06 pm
"This is all very exciting!" Nix blurts out loud, rocking back and forth on her heels and toes. "So we're heading out at first light eh?" She'd like to get to know her new companions a little bit but many of them seem to be headed somewhere else in the headquarters. She turns to Samuel. "Well, I guess I should make preparations too. I was thinking I could make a stop at the Vault. Do you think they'll have something for me?" She fingers the Daggers pin holding the cloak at her throat.
May 31, 2016 2:46 pm
Firn
You find your room is right next to those of the previous team it seems. You have your own personal room with a bed, small side desk, and a footlocker at the bed. The accommodations are nothing amazing, but you get your own space here.

When you do find yourself at the baths it's actually a rather nice bath house by human standards. The water is not as pristine as you know it could be, but it's warm enough to steam and there are a large number of group and individual sized pools. All many of creatures seem to be here, Elves, gnomes, dwarves, etc. You even spot 3 Genasi here. 1 male and two females. They are taking up one of the tubs and laughing about something.

Xadira
Walking out into the main hall you find more bookshelves than you may be able to look over within months. The amount of volumes here, as you start to look over the shelves, becomes staggering. As you are thumbing through the books trying to find anything here you hear a throat clear behind you.

Turning you see a rather regal looking elf. He has a thin face with defined cheekbones and lightly tanned skin. His blonde hair is tied back in a few rather ornate braids. A small pair of spectacles slides down his nose and he pushes them back up. He has long blue ornate robes on that are trimmed with gold thread in a very decorative pattern.

Uh...e...excuse me. Miss. Is there anything I may help you find?, he asks nervously. He holds three large tomes under one arm.

Nix
Of course, they vault will issue you new items for the mission at hand, if you feel like visiting feel free, Samuel says as he looks over some papers. Looks like you are all due for new pins. Those will be issued in the morning as well. For now, go enjoy yourself. You are all free to go unless there are any other questions?
May 31, 2016 2:46 pm
Aelar takes a deep breath and forces himself to stop sputtering before speaking again, "When did you join the daggers and does anybody else know?"
May 31, 2016 2:49 pm
Well it wouldn't be a very good secret organization if everybody knew about it, now would it?, he says, still grinning. He seems to be enjoying this big reveal.

I'd say its been, his face scrunches up in thought, Oh, maybe 8 years now, eh Sam?

Samuel nods in agreement, I would think so. Eagin here was the one that thought you would be a good candidate for recruitment. He had arranged the meeting in that Tavern, it was unfortunate things never did go well that night.
May 31, 2016 3:34 pm
"Professor Xadira Liadon. Good to make your acquaintance! My, what lovely books you have here! I've missed this smell. It's been so many days on the road, I've run out of reading materials! Oh, but whatever will I read next! I suppose I should read up on the history and creatures of Salar to start..." I continue searching through the bookshelves for anything of interest.
Last edited May 31, 2016 3:35 pm
May 31, 2016 3:47 pm
Nix listens to Aelar and Eagin's exchange with interest. 8 years with the Daggers! She herself has only been a member for less than 2 years. She excuses herself to visit the vault and then maybe get something to eat. "Hiya!" she greets the high elf in charge of the vault.
OOC:
What's this guy's name? I would assume Nix knows it.
May 31, 2016 3:48 pm
Xadira
He smiles broadly. The talk of the books here seems to put his nerves at ease. Pleased to meet you, Xadira. I am Xalph Umemenor. Lore master of The Daggers. I hope you enjoy the library, I've currated it myself over the last few decades. You say you are looking for books of Salar? I know of three very informative tomes, if you would permit me to show you?, he says in elven. He gestures as to say, 'if you will follow me' and adjusts his spectacles which have slid down again.
May 31, 2016 3:49 pm
Nix listens to Aelar and Eagin's exchange with interest. 8 years with the Daggers! She herself has only been a member for less than 2 years. She excuses herself to visit the vault and then maybe get something to eat. "Hiya!" she greets the high elf in charge of the vault.
OOC:

What's this guy's name? I would assume Nix knows it.
May 31, 2016 3:54 pm
"8 years? Wow... and you think you know a guy!" Aelar says with a smile, "Well, no harm done. Glad to know that I'm not alone here. It's good to have a friend with connections, you know?"
May 31, 2016 3:58 pm
Nix
You approach the vault with a chipper attitude and find the Vault Master, Ruven. He looks over his books with the same stone faced expression he usually does. He glances up from the books and you see, just in the corner of his mouth, a little hint of a smile. He doesn't often react to people much, so this is probably the most you've seen out of him.

Ah, Nixquilnamitzontecon Cuatextliyol, he says, one of the few people that seems to revel in using your full name. His pronunciation is even spot on. It has been too long. What have they had you doing this time around?, he asks. His voice is flat, but you suspect that is just his way. It takes a lot to make this guy show much outward emotion.
May 31, 2016 4:06 pm
"Oh you know, Ruven. Same old, same old. A little of this here, a little of that there." Nix giggles and leans in conspiratorially, eyes narrowed, before sending telepathically, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to wipe your mind blank afterwards."
Last edited June 1, 2016 7:05 pm
May 31, 2016 4:08 pm
Nix
He lets out what could be considered a laugh to some, but sounds more like a sneeze that he simply couldn't contain.

It sounds like you will be heading out again in the morning, is that so?, he asks, thought he probably already knows the answer.
May 31, 2016 4:16 pm
"Yup, in the morning. And I was so looking forward to hangout out here a few days. Oh well." Nix shrugs. "Do you have something for me?"
May 31, 2016 4:19 pm
Nix
That tiny inkling of a smile shows up again as he looks down over his books, flipping through a good number of pages. Ah, it seems we do have supplies that are to be given out when you leave for your mission. Protocol states you should only receive them as a party before the start of your mission though, Nixquilnamitzontecon. I'm afraid you will have to wait for your new toy.
May 31, 2016 4:22 pm
"It was just an excuse to come and visit you." Nix says with a wink. "So I'll see you again in the morning then. Bye for now!" Waving to Ruven, she bounds off to the cafeteria.
May 31, 2016 4:27 pm
Nix
Ruven gives the smallest head nod you think a living creature could give and you bound off. Once you find your way to the cafeteria you see a scene that our other adventurers had just seen for the first time not long ago. Long tables filled with almost any type of sizzling meat, fresh vegetables, and juicy fruits you could imagine. Wait staff is bringing new plates out still sizzling from the spit and taking away cleared plates.

Another table down you see more pies, biscuits, and baked goods than you thought possible at one location. Large groups of Dagger members come in, eat their fill, then go about their day. Out on mission you don't eat nearly as luxuriously, but here at HQ The Daggers provide. You can take your pick of anything.
May 31, 2016 4:30 pm
Firn sweeps his gaze across the bathhouse. He finally disrobes and scrubs down in an empty area, before soaking for a while. Firn chooses not to speak to anyone unless he is spoken to; he is used to solitude and finds himself uncomfortable in large social gatherings.
load next

Thread locked