Day 0 - Friday

load previous
Sep 10, 2021 8:11 pm
With the fire doused and everyone heading off to bed, Kristin decides to follow suit. She briefly considers a midnight swim but decides against risking it this early. Instead, she makes a quick visit to the bathroom and then its off to bed and dreamland.
Sep 10, 2021 10:43 pm
Quote:
"Because I know that you're madly in love with me and have wanted to be alone with me since the day we met," Kristin teases, smirking. She throws a handful of dirt onto the fire.
Dacey just smiles at that, shaking her head at her friend. She's glad Kristin is here. Things didn't end so well in New York, and now -- well, knowing someone at the camp was going to make dealing with the kids (and the other counselors) a lot easier. She accompanies Kristin to the bathroom, washes up, then turns in when they get to their beds. Panties and a tee are her usual bedtime attire, and Weatherly can see the woman is every bit as fit as she was when they were last together.

"Night," Dacey says, staring at the ceiling, not yet sleepy. "See you in the morning, bright and early."
Sep 11, 2021 11:12 am
Whether it's the stress before the big day tomorrow or the final thoughts you had before falling asleep, each of you has their own personal nightmare to keep you company during the hot summer night.
[ +- ] Dacey
[ +- ] Kristin
[ +- ] Aden
[ +- ] Patty
[ +- ] Declan
[ +- ] Susan
[ +- ] Jessica
[ +- ] Lucas
OOC:
Everyone make me an Identify risk roll please :) TN is 15, lose 1 SP on a failure.
Sep 11, 2021 12:34 pm
OOC:
Whew, I think this is the longest post I've ever written haha. Took me over an hour and a half. I hope it entertains! I've included spoilers in case some people don't want to read the others' nightmares, but feel free if you want to!

KCC

Sep 11, 2021 1:40 pm
Declan jolts awake in his bed. His heart races and he can feel the slick sweat all over his body. Primal fear is on him, and his body shakes in the bed. When he closes his eyes, he can see the faces of those in the dream.

He’s had nightmares before, with increasing frequency since the passing of his late wife. This one… this one was different. He had never seen something so…

He could see the faces swimming up out of the darkness even with his eyes open.

… vivid.

He throws the bedding off of himself and he gets up. His legs are shaky, and he paces the room a few times, counting backwards from 100 in an attempt to take his mind away from the images that he is sure will fade soon.

He crosses to his window and looks outside as he continues to count.
OOC:
What do I have to do to succeed with a dice roll on this website? +7!!
Last edited September 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Rolls

2d10+7

(31) + 7 = 11

Sep 11, 2021 3:42 pm
OOC:
Lucas Identify roll...
Lucas wakes up with an unsettled feeling, feeling like he was only half rested, and throws his legs over the edge of his bunk. He had an unsettling dream last night, the specific details of which are already starting to escape his memory. Something about misidentifying some Agaricus mushrooms and letting some children eat them, causing them to shrink and be crushed by other kids.
At the time the dream was horrifying, but in the light of day it all seems a bit silly. Probably, it's just his subconscious mind's way of processing some stress about making sure he doesn't make himself look foolish when he begins teaching lessons about nature to these campers.
After tugging some knots out of his bedhead hair and throwing on some clothes and shoes, Lucas rubs some deodorant in his pits and grabs his toothbrush and toothpaste, heading to the community bathrooms to brush and use the toilet. He's looking forward to breakfast this morning.
Last edited September 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Rolls

Lucas Roland Identify roll... - (2d10+6)

(510) + 6 = 21

Sep 11, 2021 4:48 pm
Dacey rose early to get coffee for herself and Kristin. Williams couldn't function in the morning without a cup of joe, and even crappy stuff like she found in the kitchen would do the trick.

She'd looked at her forearm while pouring, the memory -- the feeling -- of mutilating herself still so fresh, so... real. Bloody, greasy tendons sliding out of her arm, fat and muscle and flesh just dripping and quivering... veins and arteries sliced the long way, spraying blood. Her radius and ulna, exposed and shifting as she rotated her arm with morbid fascination.

It wasn't a good way to wake up, from a nightmare that just shook her, and it ruined the racy and pleasant dream she'd been having before that about David. About David before she'd found him with Tyler. Kristin had been in that dream too, at the end, and Dacey didn't quite know what to make of that as she returned to the building with the ridiculous name of Sanctification.

"Wake up sleepy," she says as she comes in, steaming coffees in both hands.

Rolls

Identify (6) vs. 15 - (2d10+6)

(72) + 6 = 15

Sep 11, 2021 5:10 pm
Jessica sat up with a start, panting heavily and rubbing her arms. As the horrors of sleep faded away, and reality took purchase, Jessica fell back onto the mattress, cold sweat beading up on her skin. Gradually steadying her breathing, Jessica offers a silent prayer to God, not only for her safety, but also for an answer. Just what did this nightmare mean? What did she mean by her last thought?

Putting her hand on her forehead, Jessica realized that she was drenched in sweat. Pushing aside any thoughts about the dream, she headed to the showers to clean off.

Rolls

Identify - (2D10+6)

(61) + 6 = 13

Sep 11, 2021 5:34 pm
Patty awoke to the sound of what she dreaded. Kids, the little monsters. She was jaded from years of them and was only here because she had to be. She felt dizzy and nauseous and what was that bottle doing on the floor? Hadn't she put it away? "Fuck!" She sliced her knee down to the bone as she toppled over onto it, shattering it and impaling her knee on a sharp shard, the pain searing through her already throbbing hungover head. But the soup seems soothing until she notices the smores and then the smell."Aghh!" Her mouth is on fire, her tongue is... she's chewing on the hard bits. "Not my teeth it's my best feature!" she shrieks.

Patty bolts upright from the lumpy bed, grabbing at her throat. "What the ....!" she quickly looks on the floor for the bottle, then at her knee, frantically feeling her entire body for injuries. Her mouth seems fine. Her teeth are all there.

"Well, that was THE worst dream I've ever had. God damned kids. I blame them. Now I hate them even more."

Patty's head starts to throb. It's a normal morning condition and one she's used to. A bit of the hair of the dog that bit you and all that crap. She pulled out her trunk, smiled at the amber liquid, took a gulp and then searched out some coffee while trying to shake the nightmare. "I gotta get through this day somehow," she said to out loud to herself.

Rolls

Identify - (2D10+6)

(83) + 6 = 17

Sep 12, 2021 2:18 am
Kristin tries to scream, but no sound comes from her constricted throat, so great is her terror. She snaps awake, covered in sweat and breathing heavily. The nightmare had been so real that she unconsciously checks her thighs for bite marks. For a moment, she is disoriented, but the smell of coffee and Dacey's calming voice bring her around.

"Cripes, Dee! I've had nightmares before, but never so vivid or real! I was in the lake, swimming, and something came up from underneath. Something big! And it glowed! It... it tried to eat me!"

Rolls

Identify - (2d10+5)

(81) + 5 = 14

Sep 12, 2021 12:18 pm
Susan wakes up drenched in sweat. It takes her a good two minutes of panicking about going to jail for mutilating that poor kid, even on accident, until the pieces click together in her mind and she realizes it was just a dream. A ridiculous dream at that, now that she thinks about it. Instinctively, she reaches for the flask she filled up before going to sleep and hid under her mattress and drinks almost the entirety of it at once. Might not be the healthiest way to start the day but after that night, she earned it. She decides to go ahead and take a very long shower before joining the others for breakfast.
But while the weird eye thing might be funny to her now, it's the other part of the dream that's still really scaring her. The loud and messy and unruly children.
Last edited September 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Rolls

Identify - (2D10+2)

(109) + 2 = 21

Sep 13, 2021 1:39 am
OOC:
Sorry just caught up…..how do I make an identity roll?

KCC

Sep 13, 2021 3:38 am
OOC:
2d10+Your Identify stat!
Sep 13, 2021 6:32 am
Sanctification

"Whoa, whoa, it's okay," Dacey says, putting her friend's coffee on some horrible and rustic piece of furniture that passed for a bedside table. "Just a dream. And I had weird ones too. I think that casserole last night for dinner was bad. I told you it tasted funky." She takes the other woman's hand and squeezes it reassuringly.

"Have the coffee. It's so bad it'll make you forget alllll about your nightmare..."
Sep 13, 2021 11:10 am
Aden Woke up on his Camp Bed but had no recollection of how he got there. He had hoped that coming to camp could be a chance for him to turn over a new leaf and get his life back on track. When he was a teen he used to smoke the odd bit of weed instead of having a drink at the weekends etc but now it was taking over his life and he didn’t like it who he was becoming.

He wasn’t religious but in that moment he looked up to the sky and made a silent prayer "Dear……Heavenly Spirit? Give me the chance to sort my shit out and become a good son and a better citizen

With that he looked in his bag for his Journal/Sketchbook. When he was feeling like this it helped if he wrote down his thoughts and feelings whilst sometimes sketching his demons too
Last edited September 13, 2021 11:11 am

Rolls

Aden Identify Roll - (2d10+4)

(79) + 4 = 20

You do not have permission to post in this thread.