Day 0 - Friday

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 8, 2021 4:03 pm
Patty's guttural laugh once again makes her cough. "Satanists, shmatonists. Who is afraid of a little devilry? I for one, am not!" She never thought of her niece as a comedian but she was pretty funny so far.

And that Declan. She was beginning to warm to him. He seemed like a sensible, no-nonsense kind of guy. They were around the same age too. Hmmm.

Glancing at Kristin, Patty decided to poke her a bit."What else have you heard about Satan, Kristin?"
Last edited September 8, 2021 4:03 pm
Sep 8, 2021 5:43 pm
"Nothing much," Kristin answers shyly, staring into the fire. "Just the stuff they tell you in church." That wasn't a complete lie; she had attended services with her parents when she was younger. She looks to Dacey for support, hoping to take the spotlight off of herself.
Sep 8, 2021 6:23 pm
"Y'all need to worry about Baptists, not Satanists," Dacey says with a grin, though she's got one eye on Weatherly. Is she still into that shit? she silently wonders.

"We're about to be full up tomorrow, so we need our game faces on. Everyone ready?" she asks the group as she stirs the fire with a sharpened alder she cut in the woods.
Last edited September 9, 2021 5:29 am
Sep 8, 2021 9:43 pm
"After all the heavy lifting and carrying we did the last couple of days, watching some kids build dream catchers or whatever should be a piece of cake," Susan shrugs. She looks over her shoulder. Maybe she can excuse herself to the bathroom one more time for another sip. Just to help her sleep in a bit.
Last edited September 8, 2021 9:44 pm
Sep 8, 2021 9:58 pm
Ha! I know what my niece is up to. We all recognize the same habits in each other, Patty thinks as she sees Susan look over her shoulder. If she takes off for the bathroom, I'm going to follow. I left my stash in my trunk.

Patty has eagle eyes. Don't let that half-smile fool you for she watches everything unless she's really in her cups.
Sep 8, 2021 10:42 pm
OOC:
Even though I have Patty pinned as the first death, I hope she lives for a bit longer. She's fantastic. On the other hand, if Patty and Declan act out that one horror movie cliche about couples doing inappropriate things at inappropriate times, I could only hope for a death swifter than the wind.
Jessica grimaces slightly in apprehension as she wipes her hands on the rock she was sitting on.

"I wouldn't underestimate kids. They lack morals and self control."

A smirk crosses her face.

"Well, most of the adults here are missing one or the other, so maybe you'll all find something in common with the kids."
Sep 9, 2021 12:22 am
Lucas has been sitting glassy-eyed, staring into the fire. Suddenly remembering his s'more he made, he begins munching on it, listening to the conversation around him.
Sep 9, 2021 12:34 am
Bobby doesn't seem to be taking his fellow counselor's reactions well. He had expected disbelief, awe, horror, shock. But instead they didn't believe him! Dismissed him! "Well I didn't make this up!" He stands up abruptly. "Anyways I got better things to do than waste my time trying to educate you lot. And don't say I didn't warn you if you start seeing Satan comes calling for your souls!" He stalks off towards the lodgings.
Sep 9, 2021 12:43 am
Heather watches him go and just shakes her head. "Well that was unexpected." She turns to the others. "He's had a pampered life and still thinks the world revolves around him. I'm sure he'll grow out of it. Maybe." She shrugs. "Well not too much time left before lights out anyway. Just as a reminder, the elementary kids will be bunking together in the Salvation dorm with Jessica and Lucas. The middle schoolers will be together in Sanctification with Dacey and Kristin. High school boys are in Justification with Aden. High school girls are in Grace with Susan. Declan will be staying in Security, Patty in Redemption, and Pastor Mark in Faith. Any questions?"
Sep 9, 2021 2:30 am
Jessica grunts in acknowledgement. Out of all the possible arrangements, this was one of the least worst. Given the amount of thought put into it, Heather was likely the brain behind it. It took into account the counselors' interests, temperament, and capabilities (or lack thereof).

She could do without Lucas's creepy tendency to space out, though. When they were moving stuff the other day, she caught him standing in the middle of the campgrounds for several minutes carrying a mattress in his arms, simply staring at a mushroom on the ground. Kind of impressive, but also really annoying when she's the one that'll have to kick him into gear. He should really practice less..."mycology".
Sep 9, 2021 3:10 am
"Lights out ...ha! I feel like a kid again. Who came up with the dorm names assignments? I'm in Redemption? Oh, I'm way past that honey. Do I look like someone who can be redeemed? I think not."

Patty realized she had better tone it down or they'd kick her out. She had to at least pretend to be somewhat responsible. She needed to stick this out or she'd never drive her old jalopy again. She couldn't keep paying that handsome eighteen-year-old boy with the fake ID to go get her booze. What if he got caught? On the other hand, he was a dream to look at and she'd miss him.
Sep 9, 2021 3:43 am
OOC:
I'm not religious, so playing a religious character is interesting. Those with more knowledge, poke me if I'm totally off base.
Jessica was standing up when Patty spoke.

"Redemption's not that hard. Bobby's done it. You get redeemed when you believe in Jesus. Kind of the thing Jesus died for."

A sigh escapes Jessica's lips as she dusts off her pants.

"Then again, Bobby doesn't regret anything he's ever done."
Sep 9, 2021 4:16 am
Heather smiles briefly. "A curfew is uniform amongst all members, even Reverend Mark. It's to remind us that no matter our age or experience, we are all equal under the Lord. As for the building names, they were kept from the original campsite as a cost saving measure. No need to have new signs made when you can just give the old ones a good scrub and a fresh coat of paint. As for the assignments, I might've had something to do with that," she adds with a twinkle in her eye. Perhaps Heather knows more than she lets on. "And never say never! It is never to late to be redeemed. I myself have heard of quite a few deathbed conversions. So keep hope alive."
Sep 9, 2021 5:05 am
"The high school girls?", Susan asks. "Well that sounds like it's going to be a party." She would have preferred the younger kids. They're probably easier and get tired quicker. But she was a high schooler not too long ago herself so she can probably arrange herself with them. Maybe with a liquid bribe if need be.

"I'm going to quickly go to the bathroom for a second and then I'm ready to head to bed."
Sep 9, 2021 5:55 am
Dacey listens to the assignments and just nods as they're made.

"Well shit," she says quietly to Kristin. There's a smile on her lips. "Here I was hoping I'd be paired up with Bobby Brown. That dude is a train wreck waiting to happen."

Standing, Williams stretches, finishes her water and puts the bottle in the recycling bag before she starting working on extinguishing the fire. "Don't know why the hell I let you talk me into this," she says under her breath to her friend as she works, half-kidding. "There's no brothers here, I'm the only sister... there's more religion up in here than in my grandma's house -- and that is sayin' something. That woman loves Jesus. She talks about Jesus more than she talks about the Atlanta Braves, and lordy does she love the Braves."

As she works, the woman's eyes land briefly on each of the others as the group breaks up. She's an astute observer, Dacey, and she's already trying to figure people out based on what she's seen and heard so far. She doesn't have much to go on yet in some cases, but in others... well, her mind is already made up.
Sep 9, 2021 8:24 am
OOC:
Does Dacey mention Bobby's absence from the sleeping assignments within earshot of Heather?

KCC

Sep 9, 2021 1:10 pm
Declan cringed a little at such a full-throated sermon on the Lord so late at night. Sure, he was a Catholic… Whatever that really meant these days. But could never really get a grasp on this American… in-your-face-ness kind of faith.

He turns to Patty as she makes her remarks on redemption.

"Ahhhh, now. Course you can be redeemed! You just need to remember…" he snuck a mischievous look at the preaching woman. Only long enough for Patty to catch on to his ploy!

"If you never sin, then Jesus died for nothing, didn’t he? So you’d better had make it worth his time."
Sep 9, 2021 3:06 pm
nezzeraj says:
OOC:
Does Dacey mention Bobby's absence from the sleeping assignments within earshot of Heather?
OOC:
Sure, if that's more interesting. ;)
Sep 9, 2021 3:15 pm
"Oh I'll make it worth his time Declan. Don't you worry about that." Patty does her best impression of batting eyelids at him that she can muster.

Then she sees Susan out of the corner of her eye, making a bee-line for the bathroom. Slowly getting up, one knee cracking, the other locking for a second, Patty announces that she's taking a potty break.
Sep 9, 2021 3:45 pm
Jessica physically gagged as she caught onto the two's flirting as she was leaving the campfire. Trying to mentally bleach that image from her mind, she made her way to the Salvation dorm to turn in for the night.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.