Day 0 - Friday

load previous
Sep 9, 2021 4:27 pm
Once in the bathroom building, Susan reaches under her loose top and takes out the hidden flask there. She takes a sip when the door behind her suddenly opens again. She quickly hides the flask behind her back. "Fuck - I mean Jesus Christ - give a girl some priv... Oh, it's you, Aunt Patty!" She relaxes somewhat when she recognizes the intruder, though she still keeps her drink hidden. "Weird bunch out there, huh?"
Sep 9, 2021 5:25 pm
Patty raises her hands defensively. "It's all good. Just your dear ol' anti. Why don't you share a bit of what you've got hidden away there? I have a few bottles of the good stuff kicking around my trunk if you get the urge. So don't worry about sharing your stash."

Taking a quick look outside to make sure no one followed she answered her niece. "Yeah, some interesting counselors alright. Should be a fun ride."
Sep 9, 2021 5:40 pm
Susan hesitates for a moment, then she hands over her flask to Patty, ready to fight her if it looks like she's not going to give it back. "Some of 'em seem pretty fun. But this Jessica is a real killjoy. And so is Dacey." She thinks for a moment, then adds: "Bobby's kind of cute, though."
Sep 9, 2021 6:12 pm
"Right? What a drag." Patty takes a sizeable glug from the flask but daintily wipes her mouth. "Oof that's some strong stuff. A chip off the old block you are, yeah?"

Handing the flask back she thinks about what her niece just said while the warmth of the alcohol warms the pit of her stomach. "Bobby? I'd watch him if I were you. He's a looker though. Me? I think Declan is nice. One can't be too fussy at my age with my credentials, if you know what I mean."
Sep 9, 2021 6:43 pm
"Declan?", Susan asks. "But he's so old..." She thinks for a moment, then she adds: "Well, but so are you." She shrugs. "Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess."

She takes another sip from the flask, then hides it back where it was before, washes her hands just for her cover story, then pauses and decides she actually needs to go to the bathroom. She does that, washes her hands again and then returns to the fire where she notices that the others have all started to head to bed. With a shrug, she decides to do the same.
Sep 9, 2021 8:10 pm
Harrigan says:
Dacey listens to the assignments and just nods as they're made.

"Well shit," she says quietly to Kristin. There's a smile on her lips. "Here I was hoping I'd be paired up with Bobby Brown. That dude is a train wreck waiting to happen."

Standing, Williams stretches, finishes her water and puts the bottle in the recycling bag before she starting working on extinguishing the fire. "Don't know why the hell I let you talk me into this," she says under her breath to her friend as she works, half-kidding. "There's no brothers here, I'm the only sister... there's more religion up in here than in my grandma's house -- and that is sayin' something. That woman loves Jesus. She talks about Jesus more than she talks about the Atlanta Braves, and lordy does she love the Braves."
"Because I know that you're madly in love with me and have wanted to be alone with me since the day we met," Kristin teases, smirking. She throws a handful of dirt onto the fire.
Sep 10, 2021 12:04 am
Ay, dude... Sorry, did anyone catch what cabin I'm staying in?"
Sep 10, 2021 1:00 am
Heather bristles at being addressed as "dude." "You can call me 'Heather' or 'miss', but not 'dude', thank you. You're in Sanctification. As in you're going to need some sanctification if you've done something unacceptable and that's why you can't remember something as simple as your cabin assignment." Her eyes narrow suspiciously but she decides it's better if she doesn't hear what she expects to hear. She turns to Dacey giving Aden a dismissive cold shoulder. You on the other hand seem much sharper. Bobby and I are stationed in the Bath House. Bobby is on a sort of probation, I'm sure you can see why. He's on bathroom cleaning duty and I'm there to supervise. Luckily there are a private rooms on either end and it shouldn't be as gross as it sounds."
Sep 10, 2021 1:01 am
OOC:
Patty and Susan, give me Obscure rolls , 2d10 plus Obscure stat. You need a 12 or higher.
Sep 10, 2021 1:26 am
Lucas grins to himself, having no intention of calling Heather Campbell "Heather" or "Miss", especially after insulting his intelligence. And now that he knows what pushes her buttons...
Sep 10, 2021 1:49 am
"See ya Suzie," Patty said as her niece exited the bathroom. The nip from the flask didn't do much for her so she walked quickly towards her own dorm, the whisky bottle floating at the front of her mind. Redemption indeed!

Rolls

Obscure - (2D10+4)

(24) + 4 = 10

KCC

Sep 10, 2021 4:07 am
Declan quickly suppressed both an eye roll and a smile as Heather tries to drum up some authority among the younguns. He pushes off from where he was sitting with a groan.

"Well, you know where to find me…" he says as he walks off into the dark, heading for his security station.
Sep 10, 2021 4:56 am
OOC:
Rolling. I assume this is about us hiding that we had a drink? If it's about hiding the flask, I'd get another +2

Rolls

Obscure - (2D10+6)

(310) + 6 = 19

Sep 10, 2021 6:03 am
While Patty is taking a deep swig of the good stuff, she gets the feeling like she is being watched. It's an unmistakable feeling that causes her hairs to raise. But just a few moments later and the sensation is gone. She doesn't know why, but she has the unshakable feeling that someone was watching their discreet indulgences.
Sep 10, 2021 6:05 am
With the fire doused, Heather flicks on her flashlight and wishes everyone a good night. "Sleep well. It's a big day tomorrow." She then walks off to her bed to get as much sleep as she can before the energy vampires arrive tomorrow.

KCC

Sep 10, 2021 1:23 pm
Declan wanders off towards the water. He stops to listen to the water lap against the shore there in the darkness. He stoops to pick up a stone and throws it in. He waits until the plop that results from his throw fades again before continuing on over by Snake Hill. He winds up and around the buildings until he finds his way to Security.

He didn’t miss being in the old house. Not for the few weeks of summer camp. But, he thought, it was hard to beat your own bed.
Sep 10, 2021 3:55 pm
"Well here I am then." Patty plonks down onto the bed and pats it. She finds it a little lumpy but soon she won't feel a thing. She needed to douse that prickly sensation she felt earlier when she and Susan took their nips from the flask in the bathroom. Was some creep watching them in there? Some pervert counselor or a perv from the outside? She made a mental note to tell Susan not to use that bathroom again.

Dragging her trunk out from under the bed and unlatching it, she brightened considerably when she saw her two bottles looking lovely and inviting, the amber liquid flowing back and forth. Removing the opened one, she took a long draft of it, then another, then another, and laid down on the bed. Before she got too catatonic she decided she had better put everything back at least. Taking a few more swigs, she put the bottle back in the trunk, shoved it under the bed, laid her head back, and promptly fell asleep.
Sep 10, 2021 4:23 pm
Lucas decides he doesn't need to go wander in the woods anymore tonight, having taken care of everything before he sat down for smores. He heads off to his bunk in Justification and kicks off his shoes. He turns on the desk lamp beside his bunk and begins reading a dog-eared, paperback copy of Lord of the Flies he keeps in his backpack until his eyelids become too heavy to read a full paragraph at a time, and then turns off the lamp and turns in.
Sep 10, 2021 5:04 pm
After the meeting around the campfire concludes, Susan quickly goes to bed before anyone can task her with another job. The others all seem to think the next days are going to be even more stressful so she decides to get some sleep before then.
Sep 10, 2021 5:39 pm
Jessica lies on her bunk in Salvation, staring at the ceiling. Lucas hadn't shown up yet, so she could only assume that he'd spaced out somewhere again, probably with a joint in his hand. She closes her eyes and mentally recites her usual bedtime prayer.

Dear God, the day was long and trying, and I am grateful for its end. I am blessed to have Your kindness and forgiveness, and my good health and safety. I fear that the day ahead will also be long and trying, and so I implore You to once again give me the strength that no one else will. Amen.

With that, she fell into a deep sleep.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.