Day 0 - Friday

load previous
Sep 7, 2021 6:29 am
Bobby waves a hand dismissively at Dacey. "Christian girls are usually the freakiest ones. Besides, I've had confession many times and repented my sins. Clean slate for me now."] He pauses a moment. "That's one of the reasons I'm here. Got in the tiniest smidge of trouble and Reverend Mark thought it'd do me good to be in a wholesome environment and take on some responsibility with babysitting these kids. Not sure I agree, but this place is great right? Swimming pools and a zip line and archery. Never a boring moment here. Could be worse for sure." He finishes roasting his marshmallow and creates a s'more perfect enough that it could be used as marketing on a package. Then he inhales the whole thing in a single bite. With his mouth full, he mumbles out, "Almost makes you forget the bad history of this place, right? I'm surprised this many people even signed up." He gestures expansively to the whole camp.
Sep 7, 2021 6:35 am
While everyone else seems outraged at it, Susan chuckles quietly at Bobby's earlier comment. Then she replies to his question: "Oh, I just love children so much, you know?" She's not about to tell anyone she's only here for the money. Not that it's likely to take them long to figure that out on their own.

When Bobby speaks up again, she asks: "Bad history? Like what? Did it get bad reviews last time?" She wants to dig out her phone to check the google maps reviews for the camp but then remembers they were all told to leave their phones in the cabins for the day.

KCC

Sep 7, 2021 9:10 am
"Gets me out of the house." is all Declan answers as to why he’s here. A few might know that he likes to keep out of the house since his wife passed. And them that didn’t know didn’t need to know, he reckoned.

When the topic of the old camp comes up, he leans back, crossed his arms and sinks into himself. He’d keep his peace unless asked directly. He figured the boy would poke and prod soon enough. Or maybe he’d enjoy the telling of it himself.
Sep 7, 2021 5:33 pm
Jessica chewed on her s'more quietly, actually somewhat interested in the new conversation topic.
Sep 7, 2021 5:50 pm
Patti sees the judgement in Dacey's eyes and says screw you right back to her with her own eyes. "If there was a question on the application about roasting marshmallows, clearly I wouldn't be here." As if to accentuate her point, her 2nd marshmallow popped into a bright orange flame and slid down the stick in slow motion.

What a bunch of losers, she thinks, the irony of her judgemental behavior totally lost on her. Everyone except my niece. She isn't too bad. I should stop calling her Susie. She may well be my only ally here.
Sep 7, 2021 7:36 pm
Aden had the munchies awfully bad after smoking a joint of Strawberry Haze. This new strain made him feel much more relaxed but made him REALLY hungry.

He’d made himself two Smore Sandwiches and shoved one almost whole into his mouth. He listened in to everyone talking and when he heard Bobby Brown mention "Bad History" he thought he should enlighten them all:

"This place used to be a boarding school for Native American kids back in the day and then just before the war started the owner was investigated for Tax Evasion and they found a mass grave with the bodies of over 200 Indian Kids"

He could tell that everyone was watching him in disbelief for sharing this information but he didn’t care, he shoved the other smore into his mouth and chowed down. He was a total Hippy Stoner but that didn’t make him stupid, in fact he was really clever and did really well in all of his exams.
Sep 7, 2021 7:47 pm
Oh! Patti might have found another ally after all. As soon as Aden spoke up she knew he was stoned and figured a profitable swap of nips of whiskey in exchange for a toke or two of weed (eech strawberry?) would be perfect. She resolved to get him alone so they could work out a deal. Maybe this camp thing wouldn't be so bad after all. She could float through it just drunk and stoned enough that the only person to notice would be her.
Sep 7, 2021 9:01 pm
Kristin looks startled at the proclamation of the camp's history. "Mass grave?! Two hundred bodies?! The application didn't say anything about that! Well, I mean, why would they, but..."
Sep 7, 2021 10:08 pm
"What, nobody here care about the tax evasion?", Susan asks with a grin. She doesn't believe any of this stuff about mass graves and hundreds of bodies and shes surprised that the others apparently do.
Sep 7, 2021 11:23 pm
Dacey listens to people discuss the place's history, even smirks at little when Susan jokes around. Williams isn't much one for spooky stories and such. She's a woman of science and medicine. (At least she wants to be.) The dead are dead. It's a terrible tragedy what probably happened to the kids at the school, but she's someone who looks ahead, not back.

"Let's just be respectful," she adds. "A lot of bad shit's gone down in this country and around the world over the years. Let's make sure these kids coming to camp hear about the good stuff too."
Sep 8, 2021 12:03 am
Bobby gives Aden a curious look of surprised and annoyance at having the wind taken out of his sails. "Looks like someone did their research at least." his features smooth out and he smiles again. "But that stuff is old history. Way before this was even a camp. I meant the more recent news, the reason this camp was boarded up the last twenty years and is just now re-opening." His smile turns into a conspiratorial leer.
Sep 8, 2021 12:11 am
Heather gives a warning look to Bobby. "None of that is important. It happened before you were even born." She looks at the other campers in turn. "There was a big scandal in the 80s involving drugs and...fornication at the camp. Of course something unholy like that would come out because this is a place of the Lord and the wicked were caught and punished. It has no relevance to us."

Bobby leans in. "And the deaths?"

"Drug overdoses. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Also irrelevant to us."
Sep 8, 2021 12:15 am
Bobby leans back, more relaxed, clearly with something more juicy to reveal. "That's not what I heard. My dad's a politician here, you know? Real big shot. Well sometimes I overhear him on the phone or he leaves some papers lying around the house in his office. Well, before the camp was opened, when Reverend Mark was trying to buy this place, it kicked up a lot of fuss about the history of this place. From what I learned, it wasn't just some sex and drugs. It was a Satanic orgy! The drugs were just to open their minds and get in touch with the spirits or something. But I know one thing for sure: those deaths weren't overdoses, they were Satanic sacrifices!"
Sep 8, 2021 12:17 am
Susan can't help but laugh at this point. "Satanic orgy. Yeah, right."
Last edited September 8, 2021 12:17 am
Sep 8, 2021 1:24 am
Patty burst out laughing and immediately started hacking into a phlegmy cough. When she finally recovered she hiccupped. "Oh Susie ... er ... Susan, you are so right. I don't believe a word of it either. The deaths or the orgies."

Patty is sure she will get along with her niece just fine.
Sep 8, 2021 2:11 am
Jessica exhaled sharply in amusement.

"I don't buy it, but I think it serves as a good warning. Some of us should be careful. Unless they want to be the newest entry in this camp's history of drug overdoses."
Sep 8, 2021 6:14 am
It certainly sounds like Bobbie is just trying to scare people, and Dacey can't quite stifle a yawn as the talk turns towards drugs, sex, Satanism, and sacrifice. She turns and looks at Declan.

"What about you, old timer? You believe these old stories Bobbie here is telling?"

KCC

Sep 8, 2021 1:03 pm
Declan grunts, and then leans forward. He clasps his hands and feels the warmth of the fire on his face. He guffaws.

"Sounds like a load of old shite to me. Like every other story I’ve heard over the years about this place. Just something to keep the price of land down."

Declan shifts uncomfortably on the log he had chosen. The heat from the fire beats against his cheeks and forehead and he feels them reddening.
Sep 8, 2021 3:48 pm
"Pbbbt. Satan doesn't... ehr... it doesn't work that way, or so I've heard. Someone once told me that the deaths are all symbolic. Like anything else, the media overhypes it." She looks around as though she has just revealed some horrible secret and expects people to come out of the woods to abduct her.
Sep 8, 2021 3:52 pm
"Better hope your death will just be symbolic, too," Susan grins. In a ridiculously exaggerated spooky voice, she adds: "Once the satanists come back.'
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.