Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Apr 4, 2018 2:24 pm
But why leave an enemy at our backs? Unless we can turn this Ghostlord to our cause of defeating the Red Hand we should destroy his source of power and be done with him.

Either way, Turning him to our cause or destroying him we weaken our main foe.
Last edited April 4, 2018 2:25 pm
Apr 4, 2018 11:36 pm
Pawetha pauses. "Wait, you think breaking his little trinket is going to solve the problem?"
Apr 5, 2018 8:57 pm
My knowledge of the higher undead is limited but it stands to reason that if the Ghostlord was doing the bidding of the Red Hand because they had his Phylactory, destroying it should weaken him if not outright destroy him.
Apr 6, 2018 2:09 am
The leader of the elves shakes her head, "Destroying a lich's phylactery will neither weaken nor destroy the lich. It will merely render the beast destroyable, for while its phylactery exists, were it to be destroyed it would reform after some time. It is also likely to make you a target of the creatures wrath. The phylactery is a part of it, and while it may not be able to detect its wereabouts - if we are lucky at least - it will know it has been destroyed."
Apr 6, 2018 2:24 am
Pawetha wonders aloud, "Can a lich be bargained with? Ask it to fight the Red Hand in exchange for the return of his necklace?"
Apr 6, 2018 2:50 am
"You'd have to ask the Ghostlord yourself. While undead, Lich's are indeed highly intelligent."
Apr 6, 2018 3:23 am
"I think our next step is to head south and find this Ghostlord," says Pawetha. "The Red Hand held this thing over him for some promise, so giving it back ought to rob them of his power like the letter read. Still, I doubt it'll be as easy as walking up to his front door and knocking politely."

She looks at Sylleria. "Don't suppose you know exactly where he lives? Er, un-lives?"
Apr 7, 2018 11:52 am
"The Thornwaste." She replies with a sullen look, "It is dangerous, but you may be right. With the Ghostlord as an ally the Red Hand is much more dangerous. But, before you go, I should say your time here has not been without value to your bigger cause. With the threat to the swamp dispersed, we will send soldiers to Brindol, as many as we can spare."
OOC:
Check your maps thread -- your maps have answers! :)
Apr 7, 2018 4:57 pm
"That will be a relief to the people," says Pawetha. "Well, if we're going all the way to the Thornwaste, we'd better not waste any time. That's a big place, it's a long trek, and who knows if the Red Hand has already figured out how to cross Skull Gorge into Drellin's Ferry."
Apr 9, 2018 2:03 pm
If the Red Hand has already taken Drellin's Ferry, our trek to the Thornwaste will be that much more perilous. We should plan on not being able to visit any kind of civilization between here and our meeting with the Ghostlord.
OOC:
If my share of the loot is enough I would like to buy some gear if the elves have it available before we head out.
Apr 9, 2018 2:09 pm
OOC:
What gear in particular are you looking to buy?
Apr 9, 2018 2:13 pm
OOC:
a ring or amulet of protection or something similar to boost my AC a bit.
Apr 9, 2018 3:08 pm
OOC:
Sort out what your portion of the haul is, and I'll see what that gets you.
Apr 9, 2018 4:30 pm
OOC:
My portion of the dragon horde coin and gems would be 1182gp (32.5 pp, 575 gp, 2000 sp, 82 gp worth of gems)

Should I move this to the OOC thread?
Apr 9, 2018 5:10 pm
After a brief conversation with one of the elves, Ghunril arranges to trade quite a bit of money (your whole share) for an amulet of protection. The elf assures the monk that it will be ready in a few days, and he will ensure it is delivered promptly.
OOC:
Nope, we can shift into OC
Apr 9, 2018 5:10 pm
After a brief conversation with one of the elves, Ghunril arranges to trade quite a bit of money (your whole share) for an amulet of protection. The elf assures the monk that it will be ready in a few days, and he will ensure it is delivered promptly.
OOC:
Nope, we can shift into OC
Apr 9, 2018 6:01 pm
"Hey, speaking of weapons... you got anyone who can help me finish these?" I show the elves my half-finished dragonbone daggers.
Apr 9, 2018 6:12 pm
"I'll need some arrows, while we're at it," says Pawetha, looking into her near-empty quiver.
Apr 9, 2018 6:14 pm
One of the elven warriors looks over Xara's daggers, "These are exquisite. I can certainly hone the edge. It would normally take a few days, but I could, as time is of the essence, make some improvements tomorrow. Assuming you can wait a day."

Arrows would be no problem, the elves are happy to provide Paws with as many as she needs from their stockpile at no charge.
Apr 9, 2018 6:47 pm
"I mean, they’re alright. I’m hoping to get even better ones once I kill the other dragon, but might as well enjoy the fruits of my labor for a bit first. Plus they look nice next to the short sword. Kind of a set, ya know? Hey, you got any cool arrows for Paws? She’s the best at the bow. No offense to whoever you’ve got, but they probably haven’t seen and killed the things we have, so..."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.