Chapter 2, Day 11

load previous
Apr 9, 2018 6:57 pm
"I could use a new bow, actually," Pawetha admits. "This thing's been with me forever, but I haven't had the opportunity to maintain it."
OOC:
If Pawetha's portion of the horde is able to buy a magical bow, she'll take it.
Apr 9, 2018 7:11 pm
The elves look over the bow, and nod thoughtfully, "Here." one of their warriors hands Pawetha a bow of comparable size. It is made of a dark mahogany coloured wood and hand-etched with swirls and markings that probably have some meaning to someone of elven descent, "It is mine, but now yours. A fine weapon, care for her well and she will always fire true."
OOC:
It is a Magical +1 bow of the same kind as the bow you previously had. Also, it will "cost" you your hoard portion - as a 'donation' implied by the conversation.

Likewise, Xara, the finishing of your daggers will require 1 day of waiting, but also will "cost" you your hoard portion, given as a 'donation'.
This cost is implied strongly in the conversation, but the elves never explicitly ASK for payment. Only imply it strongly. Like Ghunril, they assert that the daggers can be delivered to you once finished, if you need to be on the road immediately.
Apr 9, 2018 7:22 pm
OOC:
I’m not actually sure what the hoard portion is. Xara has, at this point, her very own hoard she keeps adding to as she has barely spent any of the gold and is likely also holding Zaris and Rurik’s gold.
Apr 9, 2018 7:36 pm
Pawetha accepts the shortbow with both hands. "You have my thanks," she says. "These woods have been devastated by the dragon and the Red Hand for quite some time. I know it cannot replace those you've lost, but perhaps this portion of the dragon's hoard may help you rebuild."
OOC:
Dragon hoard is documented here. We seem to have four active characters, and I think Ghunril split his share along those lines. Pawetha will donate her share.
Apr 9, 2018 7:51 pm
OOC:
Are we talking just gems and gold? Xara is more than happy to donate more than her share if it makes the bookkeeping easier. I just mean she’s been holding onto everyone’s gold who hasn’t explicitly said they wanted it, including gold of former members.
Apr 9, 2018 8:17 pm
OOC:
I haven't been claiming Pawetha's share prior to the dragon hoard, mostly to let the world-famous Xara take it all. But she'll offer up her portion for the magical bow.
Apr 9, 2018 10:07 pm
I adopt a solemn tone. "It’s true. These are difficult times. Please, use these funds to help rebuild and restock your armies." I hand over my share of the dragon hoard gold and and that of Paws and Ghunril. From my personal/party stash, I remove another satchel. "Use these funds to help the children of the fallen. Let them know that the great Xara Nemetsk was here and, together with her friends Pawetha the Brave, Ghunril the Wise, and Kaiakas, will see to the end of these dragon and Red Hand troubles. Make sure they get candy and lots of toys." I give another 780 gold and 500 silver.
Last edited April 9, 2018 10:14 pm
Apr 10, 2018 12:03 am
Kaiakas smiles big, "It warms my heart for the virtue of generosity to shine so brightly in these dark times. Xara, you were holding my share, yes? Please, add that to our donation."
Apr 10, 2018 1:38 am
"Thank you for your generosity." The matron of the elves bows graciously, "We should retire for the night. I have heard that you will be aided by some of my kin. Will you be heading out in the morning, or waiting the day here for your items to be completed? If you do decide to head out, I will ensure the items are delivered by one of my owl riders. We, after all, know where you are going."
Apr 10, 2018 1:50 am
"We ok on supplies?"
Apr 10, 2018 1:21 pm
Your offer of resupply by owl rider is greatly appreciated. I think it would be best for us to leave in the morning. Our journey will be long and the Red Hand won't stop for anything. Ghunril bows in thanks.
Apr 10, 2018 4:31 pm
"We should stock up on rations," says Pawetha.
Apr 10, 2018 4:50 pm
"Oh hey, anyone know what this is? I’ve had it in my pocket this whole time. Kinda pretty." I hold up a faintly glowing pearl.
Apr 10, 2018 5:20 pm
"We are happy to provide a week's worth of rations." An elf says before hurrying off to do so.
OOC:
Xara, can you remind me where that pearl came from?
Apr 10, 2018 6:50 pm
OOC:
It was in the coffer under the dead owlbear, right before we met the elves.
Apr 10, 2018 7:35 pm
An elf wearing a long rob and holding a gnarled wooden staff approaches, "That, my dear, is a Pearl of Power. Do you know any spells? If so, I can teach you how to use it."

Pearl of Power
Apr 13, 2018 7:35 pm
"I mean, I’m pretty magical but no, no spells. Anyone else want it?" I wave it around to the rest of the group.
Apr 13, 2018 7:48 pm
"I'll take a look," says Pawetha, holding her hand out. "How does it work?"
Apr 14, 2018 3:11 am
The elf carefully instructs paws in the pearl's use, "You hold it between your fingers, then must concentrate upon it. When you are bound with the pearl you will be able to, about once per day for it must draw energy in from the world after each use, use its stored power to replenish your own. Pearls of power such as this are specifically attuned to spell casting, enabling you to reinvigorate your internal stores and cast additional spells when you would normally have been spent."
Apr 14, 2018 7:13 am
Pawetha spends some time mulling over the elf's words, trying to apply practical application to the verbal lesson. It takes a while for her mind to wrap itself around the concept of concentrating on a single object.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.