Hi

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 19, 2021 12:53 pm
Hello everyone.

This is a nice site you all have here.

Does it have built in rollers for "funky" dice?
Oct 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Welcome.
solemn_one says:
Some funk dice are supported. Take a look at the dice page to get an idea.

There are always limitations, but hopefully you can find what you need, or find a workaround if you can't.
Oct 19, 2021 1:15 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Oct 19, 2021 1:18 pm
vagueGM says:
Welcome.
solemn_one says:
Some funk dice are supported. Take a look at the dice page to get an idea.

There are always limitations, but hopefully you can find what you need, or find a workaround if you can't.
Ok, will do. Thanks.
Oct 19, 2021 1:19 pm
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!
Appreciate it.

Len

Oct 19, 2021 1:21 pm
Welcome to the community, solemn_one. Any game in particularly you're looking to play with those funky dice?
Oct 19, 2021 1:22 pm
Welcome solem_one!
Last edited October 19, 2021 1:22 pm
Oct 19, 2021 1:23 pm
Welcome, solemn_one. What kind of funky dice-using games are you interested in? Star Wars and Genesys are supported, but L5R 5e isn't directly.
Oct 19, 2021 1:24 pm
Len says:
Welcome to the community, solemn_one. Any game in particularly you're looking to play with those funky dice?
Thanks.

I was looking for a PbP forum that would support games like Dungeon Crawl Classics or even other systems that use various die and this one was recommended. I would ultimately like to have some fun with a DCC game if anyone is into that sort of game.
Last edited October 19, 2021 1:24 pm
Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome, solemn_one. What kind of funky dice-using games are you interested in? Star Wars and Genesys are supported, but L5R 5e isn't directly.
Good to know. Thanks.
Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
Welcome solem_one!
I appreciate it. Nice avatar! :)
Oct 19, 2021 1:31 pm
Welcome! Not familiar with DCC, but I'm sure someone here can steer you right.
Oct 19, 2021 1:32 pm
SavageBob says:
Welcome! Not familiar with DCC, but I'm sure someone here can steer you right.
Thanks. It's a great game, check it out!

It looks like this forum supports the dice. The game has a "dice chain" that includes all of your typical RPG dice, but also requires rolls like d3, d16, d24, and d30. . .to name a few.
Oct 19, 2021 1:37 pm
you can roll xdy+z on here x being the number of dice y being the dice itself there's probably a max number somewhere but you can at least go anywhere from 1-100 and last z is a modifier you want to add to the roll
Oct 19, 2021 1:38 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
you can roll xdy+z on here x being the number of dice y being the dice itself there's probably a max number somewhere but you can at least go anywhere from 1-100 and last z is a modifier you want to add to the roll
That's great. Thanks.
Oct 19, 2021 1:40 pm
What's the community like here? Meaning, fairly active? Is there a lot of in and out traffic, or do people tend to stick around for a while?
Oct 19, 2021 1:46 pm
solemn_one says:
What's the community like here? Meaning, fairly active? Is there a lot of in and out traffic, or do people tend to stick around for a while?
When I checked in July, two-thirds of the active users had been on the site for longer than a year. So I guess most people you'll meet will have been here for a while.
Oct 19, 2021 2:13 pm
Welcome to the community, solemn_one! You'll see varied levels of activity from the members but yes, many of us have been here a while.
Oct 19, 2021 2:47 pm
Welcome, solemn_one!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Oct 19, 2021 2:57 pm
Adam says:
solemn_one says:
When I checked in July, two-thirds of the active users had been on the site for longer than a year. So I guess most people you'll meet will have been here for a while.
Thanks.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.