Ideas thread

load previous
Nov 16, 2021 1:49 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Not really. They're separate options and not all supported game types have their own character sheets (Loop and Flood come to mind)
But if one is selecting the custom game type one is presumably also selecting the custom sheet type.

In the rare cases where one wants game listed as custom but will be using a specific sheet they should be able to work out how to do that for themselves.

When one is selecting a game type is when one is thinking about which sheets to use, no? Telling them that there is a custom sheet they can customise at that point seems good, even if they go on to select a specific game type, at least they were told about the custom option for when they need it.
Nov 16, 2021 1:49 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Actually, now that I think about it, the "Systems" selection is kind of an outdated part of the site, now that we have Custom Types.
That is a separate issue, but may be true. It is still probably easier to select from the existing list than to select custom and type the system name (consistently?!).
Nov 16, 2021 2:39 pm
But selecting game type and selecting the sheet are two separate choices. Sure, there'll be a lot of overlap but there are plenty of game types you can pick that don't have sheets. And I think not all sheets are equally good and are always used.
Saying type and sheet selection are the same because there is a fairly large overlap is kind of like saying your class choice in 5e is you deciding what type of spellcaster you want to be
Nov 16, 2021 2:41 pm
Yeah. It is complicated. :)
Nov 16, 2021 3:05 pm
This is interesting and all - but if you want custom at the top of the list, and you want custom in systems to not look like this...

https://i.imgur.com/l1m1L6e.png

...then I need a replacement for 'Publisher: You!'

"All game systems are supported through our configurable somethingorother".
Nov 16, 2021 3:19 pm
Well yes, as you may have noticed, that is what we are currently discussing πŸ˜†
Nov 25, 2021 3:06 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Well yes, as you may have noticed, that is what we are currently discussing πŸ˜†
You didn't discuss it fast enough.
Nov 25, 2021 3:08 pm
Gosh darn it to heck! The topic slipped my mind. I will get back to it!
Nov 25, 2021 8:35 pm
"Play any type of game you want, from niche indie games to that one big system we forgot to list. You will have the option to freely enter any system name you want to your game."
Nov 30, 2021 10:38 pm
How hard would it be to have the ability to mark posts as read from the main page, without having to open the post?
Nov 30, 2021 10:42 pm
Windyridge says:
How hard would it be to have the ability to mark posts as read from the main page, without having to open the post?
Technically, not hard.
What’s it for? And it might clutter the UI.
Nov 30, 2021 10:46 pm
Sometimes I have quite a few posts that I know I don't have to read and could just click them read. It's a tiny QOL thing and definitely not important enough to cause more clutter.
Last edited November 30, 2021 10:46 pm
Dec 1, 2021 5:10 pm
Here's an idea: a couple sorting options for the gamers page might come in handy.
e.g. when looking for new users with LFG status
So, an alphabetical, a join date: recent/ oldest (just spitballing after those, whaddaya say?)
Dec 1, 2021 6:51 pm
That would be useful.
Dec 3, 2021 9:20 am
I'm starting to suspect that we need a form of documentation of the possibilities in tabels, posts ect. A ledger has been requested before, but I think the important bit is that it can't be commented upon.
The documentation gets muddled by comments. Sames goes for the release notes

I think this is a task I will start, its my own idea, my project to get one document with all the instructions. I will look through all the posts and try to form one coherent document/post in how to use different stuff
Dec 3, 2021 9:23 am
You could create a separate thread where people can post comments, that keeps them out of the documentation thread.
Dec 3, 2021 9:26 am
vagueGM says:
You could create a separate thread where people can post comments, that keeps them out of the documentation thread.
Something like that, yes
Dec 3, 2021 9:36 am
This is an example of how to do that well by Naatkinson.

New GP Member Guide

A locked and pinned thread with a table of contents in the guides section.

There's a separate thread for feedback
You'll want to put a big notice at the top telling people not to comment on your main thread as you work on it, then ask an admin to lock it once you're happy with it.
Dec 6, 2021 9:58 am
I missed a game invitation as I have a bookmark that takes me directly to the forum. Should I change my habbits or could we have a bell icon on the avatar just as we have a mail icon when there is a PM?
Dec 6, 2021 10:01 am
It would be nice to unify all the notifications into one place, preferable a place that is not only visible on the front page.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.