Gamers' Plane feature advent calendar

load previous
Dec 20, 2021 4:53 am

?

Dreamy
Nightmare
I'll sleep on it
Dec 20, 2021 12:32 pm
Loving all these updates - very cool stuff!
Dec 20, 2021 1:00 pm
LOVE the snooze. Can we snooze public threads too? Maybe too much clutter though.
Last edited December 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Dec 20, 2021 1:28 pm
Windyridge says:
LOVE the snooze. Can we snooze public threads too? Maybe too much clutter though.
I think there must be some people like me who look at My Games and mentally sieve it for the ones that are both active and real games. Any game with an unread post will always be shown (even if it's snoozed).

I want to keep it to just "My Games" at first and see how it goes.
Dec 20, 2021 1:42 pm
Ah, I see. It is just in that section at the bottom. I seldom look there. So ignore me. :)
This may make that more usable.
Dec 20, 2021 9:06 pm
Is there currently any way to easily pull up a list and track public games you've 'subscribed' to? Like a favorites list or something?

If not and you're still looking for ideas... :)
Dec 20, 2021 9:13 pm
C1NDER says:
Is there currently any way to easily pull up a list and track public games you've 'subscribed' to? Like a favorites list or something?
https://gamersplane.com/forums/subscriptions/

It is called Manage Subscriptions at the bottom of many (but not all) threads.

There is a chance that is not what you mean by 'subscribed', though.
Dec 20, 2021 9:28 pm
vagueGM says:
C1NDER says:
https://gamersplane.com/forums/subscriptions/

It is called Manage Subscriptions at the bottom of many (but not all) threads.

There is a chance that is not what you mean by 'subscribed', though.
It kinda is! If this same list was more accessible from the user interface AND/OR if the list of games were clickable so the related game forum can be visited, that would basically be what's in my head. That way I can curate my own list of public games I want to follow and have an easy way of visiting and reading up on the game.
Last edited December 20, 2021 9:29 pm
Dec 21, 2021 2:48 am
Sort of the opposite direction of the snooze thread idea, but am I the only one who would find use in a function where you can set a sort of "alarm" to let you know if you haven't posted in a game in a while? Like, if you want to, you can go into your profile settings and set it so that a notification shows up if you have been idle from a game for a certain amount of time (maybe a user defined amount of time, or according to a game's posting rate).

I feel like often I open a game, read the unread posts, and close it because I don't have the time at the moment to write a response. I then forget to actually write a response later, due to the game being marked read. I cope by going into my games list sometimes and see which games I haven't posted in yet, but I wonder if people would find use in an opt in function that "pokes" them if they haven't posted in a while.

It could work in conjunction with snoozed games; they would act as an exception to the "alarm" notification settings.
Last edited December 21, 2021 2:49 am
Dec 21, 2021 2:52 am
What does snooze do exactly? Is it a way to say "I'm putting this game on hiatus until further notice"?
Last edited December 21, 2021 2:52 am
Dec 21, 2021 3:02 am
saevikas says:
Sort of the opposite direction of the snooze thread idea, but am I the only one who would find use in a function where you can set a sort of "alarm" to let you know if you haven't posted in a game in a while? Like, if you want to, you can go into your profile settings and set it so that a notification shows up if you have been idle from a game for a certain amount of time (maybe a user defined amount of time, or according to a game's posting rate).

I feel like often I open a game, read the unread posts, and close it because I don't have the time at the moment to write a response. I then forget to actually write a response later, due to the game being marked read. I cope by going into my games list sometimes and see which games I haven't posted in yet, but I wonder if people would find use in an opt in function that "pokes" them if they haven't posted in a while.

It could work in conjunction with snoozed games; they would act as an exception to the "alarm" notification settings.
Now that the last post has the new feature Mark as Unread, you could click that and then you'd see you still had to post there. I've started doing that and find it works well.
Dec 21, 2021 6:36 am
kalajel says:
What does snooze do exactly? Is it a way to say "I'm putting this game on hiatus until further notice"?
It just means hide it from the "My Games" list when there are no new posts.
C1NDER says:
It kinda is! If this same list was more accessible from the user interface AND/OR if the list of games were clickable so the related game forum can be visited, that would basically be what's in my head. That way I can curate my own list of public games I want to follow and have an easy way of visiting and reading up on the game.
saevikas says:

These are very interesting. Instead of trying to work on the "My Games" list, it might make more sense to revisit the idea of subscriptions (especially now we have more access to public games) and thinking about this anew rather than trying to tweak the "My Games" section.

(moved these to the development game ideas thread for future consideration)
Last edited December 21, 2021 6:38 am
Dec 21, 2021 6:43 am

All clear?

Great shot, kid.
Let's blow this thing.
Go home.
[ +- ] Implementation notes
Dec 21, 2021 12:44 pm
kalajel says:
...Is it a way to say "I'm putting this game on hiatus until further notice"?
That I how I could foresee myself using it.

If the game is still active --even if it slowed down-- I don't want to hide it and would encourage others not to either. If we might come back to it in a year's time, then snoozing it seems ideal.
Dec 21, 2021 12:47 pm
vagueGM says:
kalajel says:
...Is it a way to say "I'm putting this game on hiatus until further notice"?
That I how I could foresee myself using it.

If the game is still active --even if it slowed down-- I don't want to hide it and would encourage others not to either. If we might come back to it in a year's time, then snoozing it seems ideal.
Or if it's a game that is Information or has some other purpose and rarely gets posted in and is used primarily for reference then you might snooze it.
Dec 22, 2021 6:30 am

Let's float this idea...

Yes, provided the breadcrumbs don't float.
No, I wanted them to float.
I'm a floating voter.
Dec 22, 2021 8:46 am
While you're here...
KCC says:

5) Avatars are one of, if not THE most important part of character making for me. I would petition we make the avatars as big as they used to be on mobile because they’re that big for me.

Bigger on mobile?

https://i.imgur.com/FRr82v8.png
https://i.imgur.com/c0UP3n3.png
https://i.imgur.com/JksSZwY.png
Dec 22, 2021 8:50 am
I use both mobile and PC, so I get to see the full sized avatars on my laptop and the small ones on the phone are fine for me.
The last image looks too big but if wanted, I'd be fine with making them one step larger to the middle one
Dec 22, 2021 12:15 pm
If wishes were fishes.....

For the avatars could that be a drop down setting per user? Something like "mobile avatar size: sm md lg" so people can select what works best for them? (I mean I get tech-wise that it could, not sure if the amount of use/benefit outweighs the dev time)

KCC

Dec 22, 2021 12:17 pm
Yes, one of either of the bigger ones is good for me!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.