Chapter 6 - Aftermath

load previous
Feb 2, 2022 7:18 pm
Al continues to speed after Davey, trying to catch up with him.
OOC:
Spending a Benny

Edit: Ugh, even worse
Last edited February 2, 2022 7:19 pm

Rolls

Riding-2 - (1d4-2, 1d6-2, RA)

1d4-2 : (3) - 2 = 1

1d6-2 : (2) - 2 = 0

Riding-2 Benny - (1D4-2, 1D6-2, RA)

1D4-2 : (1) - 2 = -1

1D6-2 : (2) - 2 = 0

Feb 2, 2022 7:38 pm
Logan walks in, followed closely by Cody. Walking up, Logan smiles at Eddard and waits until the other kid leaves.

Once he does, Logan approaches the counter and speaks to Eddard. We need to talk in a major way. It may be time to close up shop for a few minutes. It's a kind of...early lunch...situation. You'll also want to take detailed notes...about you know who.
Feb 2, 2022 7:51 pm
Floyd
"See ya soon, man. Enjoy." he says exiting the shop, not noticing Cody. You see him get on his motorbike and ride off.

Eddard Linderman
"Logan, my man," he greets you."And... friend," he says acknowledging Cody.

"You two have a haunted look in your eye. This sounds serious..." he makes a theatrical sneak to the shop door, and turns the Open sign to its Closed side, then turns to you with a crazy grin, "... and VERY intriguing."

GM

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 7:52 pm
GM
Alana manages to compensate for the bumpy sidewalk, but fails to gain over Davey.
[.] [Alana] [.] [Davey]
OOC:
new cards, new round

Deck Draws

Alana, Davey
8 of Spades
Ace of Hearts

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 7:55 pm
Davey Jenkins
OOC:
-Davey
-Alana
Davey tries to push himself, seeing Alana's little wobble.

He presses his advantage and gains some ground!

[.] [Alana] [.] [.] [Davey]
OOC:
over to Alana

Rolls

Change Position (Riding) - (1d8, RA)

(4) = 4

Feb 2, 2022 7:57 pm
"Stop, you little creep!", Al shouts after him again as she continues to ride after him.

Rolls

Riding - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (63) = 9

Feb 2, 2022 8:00 pm
Once Eddard has locked the door and flipped the sign to closed L9gan looks at Cody and nods his head. Slowly moving his arms up, wincing a bit at the effort, Logan pulls his hoodie off.

Slowly moving his head to either side Logan shows Eddard the bruises on his neck. We fought...her. Do you have any cold drinks in the back? This is going to be a heck of a story.

GM

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 8:03 pm
GM
OOC:
one raise, Alana moves up 2 spaces - if cards assist you, you might catch up next round
Alana finds her zone and glides smoothly, choosing carefully the ground ahead - she gains speed and soon grins as she sees Davey right in front of her!

[.] [.] [Alana] [Davey]

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 9:06 pm
Eddard Linderman
He raises a finger "Ha! I can do better... follow me upstairs...". He locks the front door of the shop and leads you past a rattling curtain made of bones, feathers and other trinkets. A narrow staircase leads to a crammed room. He ushers you in theatrically. "...the Sanctum Sanctorum..."

https://i.imgur.com/LB52Mdz.png

There are oddities of all descriptions in glass display cases. Scary masks and old prints are everywhere. The place smells of sandalwood, incense (and weed).

He points at a wooden table.
"Take a seat. I have a fine beverage that you gotta try."

He goes to fetch some green cans for them, and a nasty looking gin bottle for himself. "Guarana' soda. From a Brazilian plant... allegedly, vision-inducing..." His presentation is quite esoteric, but the drinks look and taste innocent enough.

He sits down, staring intensely at you "I am all ears, my friends."

GM

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 9:07 pm
GM
Meanwhile in our race...

[.] [.] [Alana] [Davey]
OOC:
cards - Alana goes first, but with a setback!!

-Alana (setback)
-Davey
Alana sees Davey cut through the grassy front yard of a house at the corner of the block. He turns the corner and gets out of sight.

As Alana turns to follow, she sees the low branches of a tree right in front of her - she'll have to react quickly to dodge them.
OOC:
-1 to her rolls to avoid the obstacle, please

Deck Draws

Alana, Davey
7 of Clubs
2 of Diamonds
Feb 2, 2022 9:38 pm
Al tries to duck quickly as she continues pursuing.

Rolls

Riding - (1d4-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d4-1 : (3) - 1 = 2

1d6-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

Feb 2, 2022 10:12 pm
GM
Alanna ducks, but not low enough. The branches and leaves scrape painfully against her head.

[.] [Alana] [.] [Davey]
Davey Jenkins

Davey keeps pushing forward, casting worried glances at you. He sees a garbage can and as he passes it, he tries to kick it to upturn it and spill its contents in your way.
OOC:
he tries a multi action: riding to change position, fighting to hit the can. Each action at - 2
In his panicky state, he misses the garbage can and almost falls off his bike.

Rolls

Riding - (1d6-2, RA)

(2) - 2 = 0

Fighting - (1d4-2, RA)

(1) - 2 = -1

GM

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 10:20 pm
GM
Situation is unchanged, both are locked in the pursuit, not managing to achieve their goals.

[.] [Alana] [Davey]
OOC:
card time - Davey, then Alana

Deck Draws

Alana, Davey
4 of Spades
7 of Spades

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 10:22 pm
Davey Jenkins
Davey regains his balance with a whimper, and focuses his effort on riding forward.
OOC:
nothing, over to Alana

Rolls

Change Position (Riding) - (1d8, RA)

(2) = 2

Feb 2, 2022 10:47 pm
After getting hit in the face with a twig, Al is even more determined to catch up to Davey!
OOC:
I know what skill I'm going to improve next chance!

Rolls

Riding - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (62) = 8

GM

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 10:54 pm
GM

[.] [.] [.] [Alana, Davey]

Alana lowers herself as much as she can to offer less air resistance, and catches up to Davey! She outmanoeuvres him, and manages to cut him at ninety degrees, fearlessly preparing hands out to the inevitable impact.

Davey screams and hits the brakes.... the bike locks and momentum projects Davey ahead, impacting against Alana. Both tumble to the ground.
OOC:
the success gets Al into his space, I'll let you use the raise to Force him to stop. Chase is over!

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 10:56 pm
Davey Jenkins
"Umpf! Ouch! Aye!!" he bounces on the hard sidewalk, and settles to a halt. He winces, the will to run taken out of him.
Feb 2, 2022 10:57 pm
Al yelps as she is thrown off her board. As soon as the immediate shock is over, she begins wrestling with Davey, trying to get him on the ground and sit on him so he can't get away.

Rolls

Fighting - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (41) = 5

1d6 : (1) = 1

Davey Jenkins

Dr_B

Feb 2, 2022 10:59 pm
Davey Jenkins
"Ouch! You win! You win!" he whines in surrender. "I'm not gonna run... jeez... it hurts."
Feb 2, 2022 11:00 pm
Logan sits at the table and accepts the soda gratefully. As soon as Cody is seated beside him, and drinking his own soda, Logan begins his story.[/ooc]

[ooc]Logan goes into great detail about the fight with The Mother. Leaving no detail out Logan takes his time to make sure no details were left out. The worst part is that thedoll didn't work. She completely ignored it and kept her attention on Benny. Plus, when I was trying to fight her, she was in full-blown ghost mode. My attacks went right through her. Yet, her hands were solid when she grabbed Benny.

The worst part was when she grabbed me.
Logan shows off the bruises to emphasize his point. She spoke to me directly and it was the coldest feeling I've ever felt when she touched me.
load next

Thread locked