Chapter Four: The Manifest of the Harikan Squall

load previous
Dec 17, 2016 2:21 am
OOC:
Well, let me tell you want I'm thinking and you can tell me how feasible it is; I want to get to where they can't see me, drop Invisibility in favour of Disguise Self, and emerge...but I want to be far enough away that they couldn't reach me on their turn of movement. How long would that take?
Dec 17, 2016 3:04 am
You can Dash at 2x speed, so they wouldn't be able to close in and attack you next round. But if they hear you running toward the place the disguised you emerges from, you're gonna have a hard time fooling them. So fastest turnaround would be Dash this round, cast and emerge next round, but you'll need to make a Stealth check.
Dec 17, 2016 11:27 pm
Turns out Leth is here! Roll for initiative, Leth!
Dec 17, 2016 11:39 pm
OOC:
I believe I didn't take any damage in the skeleton fight, so I just have the 6 HP lost from the cold damage, right?

Also, what about that DEX saving throw I missed earlier? Auto-fail? Roll it now?

31/37 HP
Last edited December 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Rolls

Initiative - Leth Joins the Fight! - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

possible very late dex saving throw? - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm
I forgot about the DEX save, since you were honest (but failed it) you'll take the minimum damage: 2.

Go ahead and take an action, Leth! Mordred and Domarc are up too.
Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm
Quote:
So fastest turnaround would be Dash this round, cast and emerge next round, but you'll need to make a Stealth check.
I'll give that a try; would I have advantage on the Stealth roll due to being Invisible?

Rolls

Stealth check - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Stealth check (advantage if allowed) - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Dec 17, 2016 11:55 pm
Welllll...it's auditory stealth you need, but I'm inclined to give you guys a little break where I can.

Domarc runs full tilt to an alleyway nearby. The acolyte looks searchingly in his general direction.

Leth and Mordred, you're up!
Dec 18, 2016 12:16 am
Leth stumbles out of the darkness to see the rest of the gang not looking so good. He hears the words of Chorcarz in his head:
Quote:
"...If the Crown cult confronts you again, try to maintain a posture for yourselves as innocent travelers undeservedly set upon by fanatics. Seek to involve the city guard or other authorities."
and grimaces, thinking to himself, This is probably what we get for trying to do this at night, away from any one who could see us...
He doesn't take much more time, though, and quickly sets an arrow on his bowstring, aiming it at Adan.
29/37 HP

If the arrow hits, I'm using Distracting Strike, which gives the next person to attack Adan advantage.
OOC:
What seems to be the plan then, gang? Get away/find help, or fight? Would Leth remember there being any guards nearby that could come and (hopefully) help us? Or is that just an altogether bad idea :P
Last edited December 18, 2016 12:20 am

Rolls

Arrow Attack - (1d20+7)

(9) + 7 = 16

Arrow Damage - (1d8+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Possible Distracting Strike extra damage (if attack is successful) - (1d8)

(2) = 2

Insight - any guards nearby that can help, and would calling them be a good idea? - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Dec 18, 2016 1:21 am
OOC:
I don't think we can take this fight head to head; I'm looking for distraction/find help and escape. But Adan did something to get the guards to leave this area...
Dec 18, 2016 9:01 am
"Hah-ah!" Adan exclaims as Leth's arrow sticks in his shoulder. He staggers back a step, his glib smile replaced by a scowl of rage and pain.

There were the guards Adan sent away, they can't have gotten far, and there's probably other guards on patrol nearby. They're surely less likely to kill the party outright than Adan and his friends, so getting them involved surely couldn't make things much worse...

Mordred, you're up. Zangua go ahead and make your WIS save to see if you're paralyzed next round.
Dec 18, 2016 5:50 pm
Zangua focuses his mind and flexes his arms, trying to resist the arcane magic holding him in place.

Rolls

WIS Save - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Dec 18, 2016 9:39 pm
OOC:
Don't forget you have a Bardic Inspiration d6 you can use too...
Dec 18, 2016 9:43 pm
OOC:
Sure, let's hope the DC is really really low.

Rolls

Bardic Inspiration - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Dec 19, 2016 2:19 am
Zangua is not quite inspired enough to break the spell.

Mordred, you're up!
Dec 19, 2016 9:52 am
Caught up, sorry for the absence. Where am I in the turn order?
Dec 19, 2016 12:07 pm
It's been a while since Felor experienced an icy chill that bad - probably the last occasion was when he was caught by a sudden blizzard while crossing a mountain pass back in Jerma. But no time for reminiscing now - to battle!

How far away from us are the bad guys? How spaced apart are they?

How are people with me unleashing a continuous AOE effect on the bad mans (assuming the positioning works out)? It would prevent anyone (us or them) closing for melee without taking damage. Do we have enough ranged attacks to mess them up?
Last edited December 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Dec 19, 2016 3:24 pm
You're all pretty close in together, Adan and the beggar took melee-range actions last. The acolyte is still maybe 15' back.

Felor and Mordred, you can take actions now.
Dec 19, 2016 3:54 pm
Ah, didn't realised they'd closed in already. Well, maybe if we take down Adan the others will scatter, so I'll focus on him.

"We will put your dark magics to an end, Adan!" proclaims Felor. Stretching his hand out towards their opponent, Felor calls upon Fjorgyn to lay her judgement on this practitioner of evil.

Cast Guiding Bolt on Adan.
If it hits, the next attack roll made against this target before the end of my next turn has advantage
Last edited December 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Rolls

Ranged attack vs Adan - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Guiding Bolt damage (radiant) - (4d6)

(2256) = 15

Dec 19, 2016 4:10 pm
"Guards!" Mordred shouts as loud as he can, while blasting Adan while blasting Adan (and any of his associates he can get in range) with Burning Hands.
Quote:
Casting Time: 1 action

Range: Self (15-foot cone)

Components: V, S

Duration: Instantaneous

As you hold your hands with thumbs touching and fingers spread, a thin sheet of flames shoots forth from your outstretched fingertips. Each creature in a 15-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 3d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

The fire ignites any flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.
load next

Thread locked