Chapter 1 - Awakening

load previous
Jun 17, 2016 8:58 pm
Arannis clasps Jorem's hand and looks up to meet his eye...and stops

His first emotion is fear followed by an unexplicable anger and finally curiosity.

What is he!

It isn't natural

But maybe he deserves a chance, he was a prisoner as well

"I think you and I are going to have many long conversationsfriend"
Last edited June 17, 2016 9:00 pm
Jun 17, 2016 9:00 pm
My gaze quickly goes back down as I take my hand back. I have a feeling I will have many of those soon enough. Though I don't understand enough to explain it myself.
OOC:
I just realized I will have to RP a character who can convey no facial expressions whatsoever. This should be an interesting challenge.
Last edited June 17, 2016 9:01 pm
Jun 17, 2016 9:07 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
OOC:
I just realized I will have to RP a character who can convey no facial expressions whatsoever. This should be an interesting challenge.
OOC:
I've been thinking about this, and I'll be giving you some options/features to get around without scaring everyone you see, but in my mind, when I see your character, I see glowing balls of light for eyes, capable to emoting. As for smiles and stuff... you're on your own there :D

Also, did you do anything with the red crystal?
Jun 17, 2016 9:09 pm
OOC:
Just holding it at this point.
Jun 17, 2016 10:27 pm
The old man does not yet touch the chalice, spending his first moments studying the unique object from afar. As the others appear to have gathered some clarity from their own personal devices, the man tentatively grasps the chalice and starts to remove it from its dais to look within.
Jun 18, 2016 12:27 am
Keleth sent a note to CancerMan
Jun 18, 2016 12:39 am
"DWOINAN!" shouts the old man. "Thank the divine, that's better." He retains his grip on the chalice, the one great anchor in this eddying whirlwind of chaos.
Jun 18, 2016 4:45 am
The metal figure straightens, and turns its head. There is no question now that it is aware of its surroundings. It bows again, and this time the gesture is unmistakable in its intent. Finally, the figure speaks, "I am Tetsuwan." The voice is deep, strange, and metallic - unlike any voice that has ever issued from a living throat. In fact, Tetsuwan has no lips with which to speak. And yet, this stoic being is undoubtedly alive. The spark of intelligence that previously shone only in its eyes now suffuses its entire body. "I am...uncertain why I am here."
OOC:
In my head, Tetsuwan's voice sounds like Unicron's.
Last edited June 18, 2016 4:46 am
Jun 18, 2016 9:12 am
Stepping back from Jorem, Arannis turns to Dwoinan and Tetsuwan in turn"Well met to you both. It would appear that there is only one of us left without a name"
Jun 19, 2016 3:15 pm
Seeing the glow emanating from Tetsuwan after he placed his crystal into his chest plate I look down to the hole I had seen in my own chest armor. I look at the small red crystal and slowly try to fit it into the hole.
Jun 19, 2016 6:06 pm
OOC:
While Tetsuwan had an actual section of his chest that seems to be missing a piece, Jorem looks like his chestplate was actually blown into, by something small, like a spear or fist.
As soon as Jorem brings the red gem near his chest, he feels it being drawn into his chest cavity. His fingers brush past the hole in his chest and the gem leaps from his fingers and hovers in the center of his chest cavity, rays of energy moving about and filling him. Energy surges up his arms and legs and you see it his armor pieces bind together, cohesively.

Keleth sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Jun 20, 2016 7:20 pm
A sudden rush of arcane energy flies out from the armor blowing the hood back from my helmet. You can all plainly see now that the suit of armor, though it looks more like it should be on a solid form than it has before now, is actually empty. Gaps between the pieces of armor show hollow save for a very faint red glow that seems to be coming from the gem inside the armor. The helmet is an empty hollow cavity where two glowing orbs look out where eyes should normally be.

I look down at my hands, moving the fingers of the grieves. It feels far more natural and familiar. I don't feel as though I'm about to fall apart. I feel like a whole person, as the arcane energy binds me back together.
Jun 20, 2016 7:23 pm
Edward stares at the hollow suit of armor for a moment, feeling an odd sense of deja vu. He decides it can wait until later before he reacts, "That's awesome!"
Jun 20, 2016 7:26 pm
Dwoinan's grip upon the chalice is tight. "So it's pretty obvious you all are about as clueless as I am as to why we're here," he says as he casts his gaze upon each individual. "I figure if we want answers, it's not going to be found in this place." The old man starts to look around the room for an exit.
OOC:
Added Perception roll
Last edited June 20, 2016 7:33 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Jun 20, 2016 7:29 pm
I look to the boy with the metal arm and leg. Thank you, I say, unsure what I should actually say in such a moment.

Yes, a way out of here would be good, I would rather not hang around this prison, I say as I turn to the old man.
Jun 20, 2016 7:30 pm
Edward shrugs and joins the old man in searching.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Jun 22, 2016 6:00 am
The man sat quietly for what felt like an eternity. Seeing the rest of the prisoners get out of their cells and inspect these objects, he steps out of his cell and approaches the necklace. The man is extraordinarily large for a human. He stands well over 6'5, is balding and looks worn. He approaches the bone necklace, picks it up and examines it.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(17) - 1 = 16

Jun 22, 2016 6:17 am
Tetsuwan remains still, trying in vain to gather what memories he can. Fragments, scraps, too fleeting and ephemeral to latch onto, whirl about in his head like dry leaves. Calm. I must regain my center and become the calm. Unconsciously Tetsuwan assumes a meditative pose, bringing his hands together, palm to palm, edges pressed lightly against the gem at his chest.

A mission. He was born...no, FORGED for a singular purpose. Forged and tempered like a sword blade. SWORD. Tetsuwan vaguely recalls he is a swordsman- a deadly one. Stalwart. Unrelenting. Where might his sword lie now? And was his mission to protect? Or to destroy?
Jun 22, 2016 7:16 am
Arannis watches as the large human leaves his cell.

If all else fails maybe he and the metal one, Tetsuwan, can force their way out
Jun 22, 2016 1:25 pm
As Carl picks up the necklace, you notice he stands a bit taller, a bit more full. It's a feeling the rest of you recognize. As he puts it on, you all think you know what he's feeling.

Keleth sent a note to fernymerk
As you all look around the room for a way out, you notice there are no doors, just 6 cells evenly spaced around in a circle. Now that you're all more aware, you can call feel the tinge of fading magic. Closer inspection shows intricate arcane and divine carvings all over, on nearly every surface.. Those of you who have some connection to magic can feel it more acutely, but even those without any magical talent are shocked to feel it. This must have been strong magic indeed. But why? To protect you? To keep you trapped?

What happened...?

As you look for a way out, you notice the only hole, and the only source of light, is the hole above you, caused by the falling gem. The opening looks large enough for almost all of you to get out through, if barely. The larger among you may have to try to force some of the crumbling rock out of the way to get out, but it doesn't look impossible.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.