Chapter 1 - Awakening

load previous
Oct 30, 2016 5:18 am
Tetsuwan bows gratefully to the caravan master and his wife before turning to look up to marvel at the city gates, hoping to remember something. Anything. He looks to his companions, wondering what they intend to do.
Oct 30, 2016 5:36 am
Edward thanks the halfling and his wife before checking to see what's in the bag that they were given. "May be a good idea to check out the Inn and see if we can get some work before we do anything else. Won't make it far without some coin in our pockets."
Last edited October 30, 2016 5:36 am
Oct 31, 2016 6:51 am
"I agree. We need to outfit ourselves and who knows, maybe we can pick up some gossip that will help us"
Nov 2, 2016 4:29 am
OOC:
Do we still have the tattered cloaks we awoke in?
Nov 2, 2016 1:31 pm
OOC:
Tobin provided you with a variety of fitting or not clothes that aren't in tatters, but sure, if you want to keep your original clothes, you can. And they were more worn down than tattered.
Nov 2, 2016 3:20 pm
Jorem bows a polite bow to the halfling and his wife as the others do and dons the hood of a plain black robe that Tobin was able to rustle up. Not sure what the population at large would make of his appearance he decides it would be best to obscure his face as best as possible. He hangs the small stone he has been carrying into a pouch inside the cloak.

Let's just try not to draw too much attention to ourselves, it seems we are out of our time here, from what I have gathered from how the caravan guards spoke of us, Jorem adds to the conversation.
Nov 2, 2016 3:38 pm
Dwoinan nods. "All right. Let us thank the caravan master again and bid him well. At the very least, we can part company as good acquaintances in this strange place."
Nov 7, 2016 9:07 pm
OOC:
Looks like ratcatcher left us, unfortunately. Just let me know what you guys want to do, and I'll do it. I know it's slow now, but I promise you I'll speed it up once we get our feet under us.
Nov 7, 2016 10:46 pm
OOC:
I'm fine with moving on.
Nov 7, 2016 10:52 pm
OOC:
Same here!
Nov 8, 2016 8:44 pm
OOC:
Happy here
Nov 8, 2016 9:15 pm
OOC:
Then just decide where you wanna go :p You haven't even entered town yet!
Nov 8, 2016 9:19 pm
"Inn first?" Edward asks, pretty sure that's where they'll start. If they agree, he will lead the way up to the gate to gain entrance.
Nov 8, 2016 11:17 pm
Dwoinan hobbles along. "As good a place as any," he says.
Nov 10, 2016 12:05 pm
"Sounds good but first round is on you" says Arannis with a wry smile
Nov 20, 2016 11:26 pm
As you pass through the faint red haze at the gate, you feel a slight tingle. Looking around, no one else seems bothered, with all sorts passing in and out of the city, some traveling with caravans, others without. You see people of all races about, and the city is clearly bustling. One thing you all find strange is a number of mechanical creations about. From the gate, you can see a forge ahead. Any forges you've seen till then have had bellows powered by apprentices or slaves. Instead, you see some sort of wheel attached to the side of the bellows, attached to a box. As the wheel spins, the bellow moves up and down, feeding the furnace. Other shops have metal smoke stacks feeding out smokes of different, dark colors, and you see more than a few metallic beings walking about, most doing manual labor.

As you step the the gate, a guard comes up to you and stops you, as a man in nice robes walks out of a building attached to the wall. "Welcome to Cliffsedge," he says in a bored voice, looking down at a scroll. "As new visitors with a mechano, I must as you to register it if it is an auto. Registration costs 5 gold." He looks up, clearly uncaring, and looks Jorem up and down, but doesn't say anything.
Nov 21, 2016 12:17 am
Dwoinan pats his sides. "Erf, I don't think I have anything, son," he says, embarrassed. "Might I be able to work off that payment somehow? Truthfully we came here to look for work, so it might be a good step forward, eh?"
Nov 21, 2016 2:51 am
Tetsuwan turns to the robed man. "Mekano? Do you mean me, sir?" he asks politely.
Last edited November 21, 2016 3:34 am
Nov 21, 2016 3:07 am
OOC:
The one speaking isn't a guard, he's some man in a robe.
The clerk raises an eyebrow in brief surprise. "A souled, huh? That core," he says, pointing at the orb in your chest. "Is it magic or godsblood driven?"
Nov 21, 2016 3:37 am
Tetsuwan has no idea what the man is talking about. He looks to his companions, suddenly embarrassed to be the cause of this seeming inconvenience.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.