Chapter 1 - Awakening

load previous
Nov 23, 2016 10:39 pm
"Umm... magic, I think," Edward says, totally unsure what either means, but unwilling to look foolish by asking.
Nov 30, 2016 4:13 am
Dwoinan fishes out some coinage from the pouch. "I hope this covers it. Might we ask you a few questions?"
Nov 30, 2016 5:25 am
The clerk looks you up and down, a bit confused. Refusing the money, he says, "No, we don't register souled mechano's in Cliffsedge. Sentient's sentient. But sure, I have till the next newcomer comes, so I'll answer what I can about our city."
Nov 30, 2016 5:26 am
"Ah, thank you," nods Dwoinan. "Er.. I suppose first we'd like to... uh, know where there is room and board. Maybe someplace that also has employment?"
Nov 30, 2016 5:36 am
"If you're low on coin, you'll find the cheapest inns down by the church district. For work, that depends on what you do, of course. I'm sure you can put in to be ship hands on a trading vessel, if you have experience. Caravans are always looking for guards, though not too many I've seen recently who'll take on a group as large as yours. Otherwise, it may just be the same odds and ends you'll find in any town."
Nov 30, 2016 11:40 pm
Tetsuwan still doesn't fully understand what's going on but it seems they are being allowed into the city without paying the toll. This is good. He has no coin and no wish to be incurring debts. He bows to the robed man. "Thank you, kind sir. You've been most helpful. He strides through the gate and into Cliffsedge. He turns to see if the others will follow.
Dec 1, 2016 10:20 pm
"Let's head to the cheap inns first, then we can look for work," Edward says, "How much money's in that bag, anyway?"
Dec 1, 2016 10:27 pm
Looking in the bag, you find coins you don't readily recognize, though at this point, that's a normal thing for you. There are 10 gold coins in the bag.
Dec 1, 2016 11:21 pm
Dwoinan holds the bag open for Edward to inspect its contents.
Dec 1, 2016 11:30 pm
"10 gold? Hmm... I don't think that'll get us far, but it's better than nothing," Edward says, trying hard to keep positive.
Dec 1, 2016 11:55 pm
Stepping into the city, you're amazed at the midday activity. All around, you see goods being moved, items being sold. Asking around, you get directions to both the Happy Foot and the Church District, both in relatively the same direction. As you walk along the road, the city is obviously clean and well-kept, complete with guards patrolling, shops edge to edge along both sides. You pass more than one troupe of performers as you make your way inward. As you get closer to the Church District, you find the activity lessen, the gleam and polish of the heard of the Merchant District fading. Where the closely packed buildings showed signs of prosperity, here it more forced. Not run down by any means, there's just something missing as you approach the Happy Foot, complete with a placard of a large halfling foot. There are still people milling about, but they seem to move with purpose here. A road to the east of you opens up into an area filled with a variety of buildings in size and decor. Fewer people move towards the area, but it's clearly the Church District. Beyond the buildings, you can see the part of the city wall that was more decrepit, an area few people appear in. with a lower wall surrounding it.
OOC:
If the description doesn't work, I'll try to draw up what I'm saying.
Dec 2, 2016 8:13 pm
Dwoinan looks up at the sign, then turns to the party. With a silent nod, he enters the Happy Foot.
Dec 2, 2016 8:15 pm
Edward raises an eyebrow at the sign of the Happy Foot, but shrugs and enters behind Dwoinan.
Dec 2, 2016 11:12 pm
Tetsuwan waits until everyone has entered the establishment, and enters last.
Dec 12, 2016 6:09 pm
Dwoinan pauses briefly as he enters the Happy Foot, taking in its occupants. However, his ultimate goal is to find the innkeeper and inquire about rooms and rates.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jan 14, 2017 1:20 pm
Tetsuwan waits patiently by the door. Only Dwoinan and Edward have entered but Arannis is still outside. Jorem and Dwyn seem to have disappeared.
OOC:
In truth, Scotash also appears to be inactive, but only a month.
Last edited January 14, 2017 2:01 pm
Jan 14, 2017 4:10 pm
OOC:
Yah, completely my fault... the last month has been a bit rough on me; lots of coding, trying to get back into the game. Specially with the party down to 4, not sure if it's worth continuing. I'm struggling to think of how to bring new players into the game :(
Jan 14, 2017 5:33 pm
OOC:
I'm sure there are plenty who'd jump at the chance to play. :-) But it's totally your call. I know you have your plate full.
Last edited January 14, 2017 5:34 pm
Jan 14, 2017 5:55 pm
OOC:
It's still possible to run with 4. If new players are brought in, we could play like they were always with the group, just incapacitated or injured in some way like they had a bad reaction to something in the castle.
Jan 14, 2017 9:17 pm
OOC:
I'm just hesitant to retcon too much, usually players find it strange... And we can continue with 4, I'm sure I can readjust.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.