OOC

load previous
Apr 30, 2022 9:20 pm
So many but I hope it'll get more familiar as we go along.
May 1, 2022 6:00 am
Us players, including @JoshuaMabry, are like, "Way to go, Presto!" but Eric, the character, is still unimpressed haha!
May 1, 2022 9:21 pm
Hey, gang. Sorry I have not kept up with posting. I think I've gotten my s&*t together this weekend, and hope to be consistent again starting... now.
May 3, 2022 2:58 am
Ok I remembered to use Savage Attacker this time. You know what I did forget (been forgetting since the beginning)? Rage damage. πŸ˜…
May 3, 2022 3:59 am
Dang, I guess the whole battlefield will just hang out and be stunned :D
May 3, 2022 5:07 am
What battle map program is that, @annex? Looks real nifty with the health bars and stuff.
May 3, 2022 5:29 am
It's an ancient 4e program called Masterplan. I never stopped using it. :P The only issue is that I can't list the enemy names on their tokens.
May 3, 2022 8:23 am
Bobby has Resistance vs poison damage. He takes 9 damage from the venom troll and is now at 276/285 HP.

Oooh does getting venom vomited let me use Retaliation? I'll add the attack roll to my post, just ignore if not applicable. I take it Reckless Advantage cancels Poisoned Disadvantage?
Quote:
Retaliation
Starting at 14th level, when you take damage from a creature that is within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against that creature.
Oof! Forgot 4 points Rage damage again! πŸ˜…
Last edited May 3, 2022 8:34 am
May 3, 2022 11:24 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Oof! Forgot 4 points Rage damage again! πŸ˜…
It's like you just delivered an ice cream sundae the size of a dump truck and then turned around halfway home saying "Ahh, dang it, I forgot the cherry on top".

Never change, Jabes 😁
May 6, 2022 6:14 am
Quote:
Each weapon deals an extra 2d6 radiant damage on a hit. This lasts until you sheath or let go of either weapon. Once used, this property can’t be used again until the next dawn. (So as long as you don't let go of The Club, this power is on all the time.)
What happens if I use the club's thrown weapon property?
May 6, 2022 6:17 am
I'll say you get that one ranged attack with the radiant damage, then the light goes out.
May 6, 2022 6:52 am
That's fair. Post incoming.
May 6, 2022 6:54 am
Just remember you may have other encounters today. ;)
May 7, 2022 6:02 am
Quote:
Ixnay o Crusher fea. The dire trolls are two sizes bigger than Bobby.
Ummerbay! Oh well. It's not too far away, I think Bobby can still make the jump for some Climb Onto Bigger Creature goodness.

I need to go back and check the damage he took but I think Bobby might actually be back to 285hp after the heal-up.
May 7, 2022 6:30 am
I had Bobby down 30 HP. The strike healed him for 14 HP.
May 7, 2022 2:34 pm
Dang, I forgot I had advantage on saves on spells. And I guess I could've tried to Counterspell the orc Commander's attack. Blah, too many options!

EDIT: And I guess I forgot to finish building my character. I've still got options to choose for Spell Mastery and Signature spell. It sounds like I'm complaining, but it gives me more chances to make character decisions...which I like a lot 😁

EDIT EDIT: @annex question: Does casting a Spell Mastery spell (which essentially makes them an at-will spell like a cantrip) mean I can't cast another leveled spell? Meaning can I cast Fireball and then cast Spell Mastery'd Misty Step in the same turn? Or would that break the rule for casting two spells in the same turn?
Last edited May 7, 2022 3:12 pm
May 7, 2022 5:00 pm
I don't like that spell/cantrip restriction. Cast whatever you can cast.
May 7, 2022 5:37 pm
annex says:
I had Bobby down 30 HP. The strike healed him for 14 HP.
You're absolutely right! πŸ˜…πŸ‘
May 8, 2022 5:42 am
Only saying this because you sort of asked for help remembering to use your stuff, @JoshuaMabry:

I think conditions are right for all of your reaction abilities. Your choice, obviously. πŸ˜‰
Quote:
Eric's reaction abilities.

Fighting Style: Interception - When a creature you can see hits a target, other than you, within 5 ft. of you with an attack, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage the target takes by 1d10+6 (to a minimum of 0 damage). You must be wielding a shield or a simple or martial weapon to use this reaction.

Fighting Style: Protection - While wielding a shield and a creature you can see attacks a target other than you within 5 ft., you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack roll.

Sentinel Attack - When a creature within 5 ft. of you makes an attack against a target other than you, you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.

Shield Master Evasion - If an effect allows half damage on success, you can use your reaction to take no damage.
May 8, 2022 5:44 am
Joshua mentioned earlier in the fight imposing disadvantage so I went with that one. If you'd prefer to take a swing at it instead or reduce damage, swing away!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.