OOC

load previous
Jun 19, 2022 7:29 pm
Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I think I made the sheet visible (it's the Add To Library button, right??), please let me know if you do not see if. If you see anything glaring I am missing or any suggestions, please let me know. Making a level 20 character from scratch is not for the faint of heart. I'm sure there is something I did wrong here. lol.
Jun 20, 2022 4:55 am
Hi Shadowace, I haven’t had the chance to play with you before and I’m looking forward to the opportunity! Before anything else, I apologize for how quiet I’ve been recently. I’d like to say that I’m just RPing Presto being unconscious, but in reality it’s just been an exhausting week. Things should return to normal tomorrow.

Please take anything I say about your Eric build as me trying to be helpful. He’s your character and you can do anything you want to with him 😁

Your ability scores seem a bit off to me. It looks like you chose full Human because there’s no feat listed, so you would’ve had to +1 to all stats. If I use the Chicken Dinner calculator, I only use 26/27 points and still have an entire ASI to use (I started with 14/11/14/9/13/11) when I match your stats. You may still have an ASI to play with (clerics get five ASIs at 4, 8, 12, 16, and 19).

I could be wrong, but I think your HP should be higher. If I assume Eric has 14 Constitution at level 1, he gets 10 at level 1 and an average of 7 (5+Con Mod) per level after that. 10+(7*19) = 143 HP.

Your call on whether or not to use feats (Variant human was approved), I didn’t see any listed. If you DO end up using variant human, don’t forget you get 1 extra skill, bringing you to a total of 5.

I saw all of your subclass features listed. I’m sure you didn’t forget your actual class features, you likely just didn’t enter them into the sheet.

It looks like you’ve only got 21 out of 24 prepared spells listed in the notes section of your sheet.

That’s everything I noticed. If you have any questions about anything, fire them off and I’ll try to answer them (or, more likely, someone else will probably beat me to it).
Last edited June 20, 2022 4:58 am
Jun 20, 2022 10:52 pm
Hi Ezz,

I'm looking forward to it as well and I welcome the input. Sorry to hear it's been a rough week.

ASI: I think I have them right now. I'm playing Variant Human, and I think I already had the ASIs correct, but in using that calculator it looks like I was off by one point. It's "maybe" right now. lol

HP: I updated, I had my math wrong here I think

Variant Human: I missed the feat and extra skill, which should be added now.

Class features: yeah, I didn't think to add them before, I have them captured now

Spells: That was me running out of wind trying to pick 24 spells. lol I should have 24 now.
Jun 20, 2022 11:28 pm
Shadowace says:
Spells: That was me running out of wind trying to pick 24 spells. lol I should have 24 now.
Hoo boy, I feel that pain. It took me hours to try and figure out what spells to have available for Presto. If I ever play a level 20 character again, I'm not doing a wizard unless I have a committee. And spreadsheets.

And yeah, it looks like your ASIs all add up now. Looking forward to playing!
Last edited June 20, 2022 11:29 pm
Jun 21, 2022 12:44 am
Hey, all. My life is going to be super busy for the next three weeks. I likely won't be able to keep up with daily posting, though I'll post as much as I can.
Jun 22, 2022 6:18 am
Finishing up Eric 2.0, @Shadowace...
Have you applied your stat increases and/or chosen feats? Your stats should be much higher and/or you should have a few feats at level 20.
Have you applied The Shield's AC bonus to your AC?
What god (if any) have you chosen?

And let's hear how you're approaching Eric and his interactions with the others.
Jun 22, 2022 9:08 am
Ezz. sent a note to annex
Last edited June 22, 2022 9:08 am
Jun 22, 2022 3:59 pm
annex sent a note to Ezz.
Jun 22, 2022 5:17 pm
I was wondering the same thing about the stats, but if I use point buy and start with: 13/12/14/10/14/10 and use VHuman to add 1 to Strength and Constitution, then the point buy works out (27/27 points). If the ASIs are applied using 4 points to Wisdom and 6 points to Charisma, it adds up properly.
Jun 23, 2022 1:23 am
annex says:
Finishing up Eric 2.0, @Shadowace...
Have you applied your stat increases and/or chosen feats? Your stats should be much higher and/or you should have a few feats at level 20.
Have you applied The Shield's AC bonus to your AC?
What god (if any) have you chosen?

And let's hear how you're approaching Eric and his interactions with the others.
I think I see what I was missing. I had 1 feat not 10 and many of the feats I just added modified my ability scores further.

AC: I have applied the shields AC. AC base is 10 + DEX Modifier (+1) = 11, plus Armor (+3) = 14 + Shield (+2) = 16 ( I had 15 for some reason and have now adjusted)

God has been chosen and put in the notes section of the sheet. Angharradh (Do I recall correctly that you placed this in the forgotten realms?)

In terms of the interactions with the others, I was planning on treating them as close friends who have been through a lot together. He's been hardened and matured over the years but still has that quick wit about him when the mood strikes. I still like the idea I put in the initial concept that he worked with presto to really hone his magic over the years with Elminster as his guide/mentor.
Jun 23, 2022 3:36 am
Hm. That AC still seems low.

If it's true, heavy-armor-style plate, you start at 18 AC with no regard to AC base or DEX mod. From there it gives a +2 bonus (now it's 20 AC). With any old wooden shield you get +2 AC (now it's 22), but THE SHIELD gives you a +3 on top of that (now you're at 25 AC). (Reference: Roll20 Armor page)

DM's prerogative if a Peace cleric can wear plate armor, but if that's the armor you have, then you I think you're working with 25 AC.

I'm not sure what the 10 feats are about, possibly something behind-the-scenes with DM.
Last edited June 23, 2022 3:37 am
Jun 23, 2022 7:22 am
Nothing hidden. Everything out in the open!
Jun 23, 2022 1:00 pm
Ezz. says:

I'm not sure what the 10 feats are about, possibly something behind-the-scenes with DM.
no, it's because I wasn't paying attention. I didn't see how many feats I get in the PHB so I googled it, found the d20srd and saw that I get 10. Looking back at that page now, I realize I was looking at the Pathfinder SRD. Sorry, my fault. SMH. I looked again at the PHB and can't find how many feats I actually get?? Looks like it's an optional rule and maybe that is why I can't find a # or table showing me how many I get. I want to get these straight first since they impact the ability scores, then I'll verify the ability scores again. How many am I allowed to have?

This link you provided is very helpful for the AC. This is what I couldn't find before so I was going off of the modifiers I saw in the description, thank you.
Last edited June 23, 2022 1:01 pm
Jun 23, 2022 6:31 pm
Feats are taken as an alternative to ASIs, you can have one or the other. Because you took Variant Human, though, you get one free one as a race feature.

So maximum as a VHuman cleric you'd have 6 (5 from ASIs, 1 from race), but you couldn't take ASIs if you did that. You can take a mix, thought. 3 ASIs, 2 feats, that sort of thing.
Jun 24, 2022 1:12 am
Ok, I think I've got it straightened out now. Dropped it to 2 feats, updated AC and adjusted Ability Scores. Thank you!
Jun 24, 2022 6:16 am
Those numbers look much better! Last things numbers-wise are your attack bonuses and damage bonuses. I think that's STR + proficiency bonus for attack, so that's 9 plus whatever the proficiency is; and add STR bonus to damage (+3) in addition to the pluses from the weapons.

Note: no UA content allowed.

I don't want this to feel like an exam but in one sentence, what's your interaction with each of the others like? If you'd prefer to play off the others in game and find a rhythm through RP, that's fine, too. :)
Jun 24, 2022 2:38 pm
Welcome, Shadowace!

I was away on a trip and then fell ill. Slowly on the mend now. Looking forward to playing.
Jun 24, 2022 2:52 pm
Take care and get well soon Jabes!
Jun 24, 2022 4:34 pm
BedzoneII says:
Take care and get well soon Jabes!
Ditto!
Jun 25, 2022 1:14 am
Sorry to hear Jabes. Am looking forward to playing with the group.

I think the attack and damage modifiers are now set.

I think I'll find the rhythm through RP. Let me know when I should start posting in game. How did Eric 1.0 leave? Did he head back to earth or just quietly slip away from the rest of the party for a while?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.