OOC

load previous
Mar 21, 2022 5:17 pm
RageRed says:
@ Jabes,

Mostly directed toward you and your character anyway in regards to Sheila and Bobby being siblings.

In some sources their names are listed as Sheila and Bobby O'Brian, but considering appearances and at least Sheila's fashion choices and being named the Thief, I was wondering if they might actually be the love children of Fred Jones and Daphne Blake? In later adaptations of Scooby Doo, Daphne has learned to pick locks and is dead on an older looking version of Sheila. The timing is also right, as the Scooby Doo gang started off in late '69 and D&D began in '85 (approximately 16 years apart).
annex says:
I literally laughed out loud at the Fred/Daphne angle. If you make that game canon, you get the game's first Inspiration!
RageRed says:
LOL! I'm game for it if Jabes is.
@RageRed I thought I already replied to this! That is amazing! And yes, I'm down!
Mar 21, 2022 5:21 pm
Ezz. says:
https://i.imgur.com/R9ARbr6.png

Well, that took a dark turn...
https://i.imgur.com/xMJ9YAH.jpg
Mar 21, 2022 5:33 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
I feel like I'm not contributing much to this group, but so far this has been a great ride. I can't wait until we actually start playing. :-)
Hey, no problem. I'm really just post-babbling at this point. At the risk of providing TMI, I'm recovering from major surgery here in the real world, so I'm mostly just sitting on the couch with my computer all day. Clearly I've got too much time on my hands, resulting in post after post after post.

Today I wrote a 2-page history of Diana's life between escaping the Realm and the start of this game. You know, normal stuff. ;)
Mar 21, 2022 5:37 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I'm trying to finalize my character sheet.
1. How are we doing HP? Rolls, or average increase?
2. Are Optional Class Features in play?
[ +- ] Optional Barbarian Class Features
I'm a fan of taking the HP average but if you all want to put your fate in the fickle D&D gods' fingers, roll em.
Optional Rules are allowed.
Ezz. says:
Also, how would you prefer to handle Presto's spells? Does he get the standard "two per level", or would you like him to have found some more to copy into his book?
Standard spells known for his level plus... 3 extra spells known per spell level.
Mar 21, 2022 5:38 pm
timplausible says:

Today I wrote a 2-page history of Diana's life between escaping the Realm and the start of this game. You know, normal stuff. ;)
I remember when I had a schedule that allowed that sort of work on my character. Good times.
Mar 21, 2022 5:40 pm
I hoped no one would find that tragic ending scenario.
The '...and they all died' thing was from a horrible comic which I tracked down recently, and it's certainly not canon. Bad art, bad story, just bad. :P
Mar 21, 2022 5:41 pm
In depth character backstory isn't necessary so long as you know your character and hos they'll respond in given situations. It is fun to write them, though. :)
Mar 21, 2022 5:42 pm
https://i.imgur.com/IHfeoZw.jpg

@JoshuaMabry I see what you did there. That's the voice actor's last name, right?
Mar 21, 2022 5:45 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
https://i.imgur.com/IHfeoZw.jpg

@JoshuaMabry I see what you did there. That's the voice actor's last name, right?
It is.
Mar 21, 2022 5:48 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
timplausible says:

I remember when I had a schedule that allowed that sort of work on my character. Good times.
I'm studying for an exam I'm taking tomorrow, which means I'm spending too much time watching the cartoon and thinking about Presto instead of actually studying :D
annex says:
I hoped no one would find that tragic ending scenario.
The '...and they all died' thing was from a horrible comic which I tracked down recently, and it's certainly not canon. Bad art, bad story, just bad. :P
I saw a reference to a comic from '96 that has some art of the kids as adults. Presto gets taken under Elminster's wing and they go on a tour of Faerun and the Planes before he becomes Elminster's apprentice. It didn't look terrible, but I only read a basic summary and saw one image from the comic.

The easter egg from Baldur's Gate II I think was just for laughs, and a comment on how easily a bunch of kids dealt with a dragon goddess :P
Mar 21, 2022 5:55 pm
I read it. The art wasn't good. The colouring was questionable especially when depicting people of colour, Drow included. The story itself was... nope.
Mar 21, 2022 5:59 pm
Ezz says:
how easily a bunch of kids dealt with a dragon goddess :P
Wikipedia says:
Although promotional blurbs show the kids fighting Tiamat, the kids only fight her twice (as seen in "The Night of No Tomorrow" and "The Dragon's Graveyard") - Tiamat's main quarrel is with Venger.
Oooh it says she was voiced by Frank Welker! Didn't he also voice Megatron?
Last edited March 21, 2022 6:04 pm
Mar 21, 2022 6:03 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Oooh it says she was voiced by Frank Welker! Didn't he also voice Megatron?
I was watching the show last night and thought some of the voices were VERY Transformers-esque. I'll have to look it up later.
Mar 21, 2022 6:03 pm
And Venger was voiced by Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime.
Mar 21, 2022 6:06 pm
I guess those guys just made the rounds of all the cartoons in the 80s huh? Gotta admit, I didn't pay attention to the credits back then.
Mar 21, 2022 6:14 pm
I'd bet voice acting was a small pond back then. Even now once voice actors are big enough you start hearing their voices everywhere. I hear John DiMaggio (Bender, Jake the Dog) and Steve Blum (Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop) all over the place these days.
Mar 21, 2022 6:39 pm
We're so badass at 20th level we don't even need a healer! I mean, Bobby was soloing Tiamat at 1st level!
Mar 21, 2022 6:47 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
We're so badass at 20th level we don't even need a healer! I mean, Bobby was soloing Tiamat at 1st level!
The lack of any other spellcasting is something I've given thought to. Presto can handle it a little bit, he's got some abilities that can have him casting spells from other classes.
Mar 21, 2022 6:47 pm
This is what potions of healing are for.
Mar 21, 2022 7:05 pm
Bobby grew up to become a chef. It's a smidgen of out-of-combat healing; I took the feat for flavor more than anything else. And of course as an IRL chef it'll be pretty easy for me to RP.
Quote:
Chef
Time spent mastering the culinary arts has paid off , granting you the following benefits:

Increase your Constitution or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.

You gain proficiency with cook’s utensils if you don’t already have it.

As part of a short rest, you can cook special food, provided you have ingredients and cook’s utensils on hand. You can prepare enough of this food for a number of creatures equal to 4 + your proficiency bonus. At the end of the short rest, any creature who eats the food and spends one or more Hit Dice to regain hit points regains an extra 1d8 hit points.

With one hour of work or when you finish a long rest, you can cook a number of treats equal to your proficiency bonus. These special treats last 8 hours after being made. A creature can use a bonus action to eat one of those treats to gain temporary hit points equal to your proficiency bonus.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.