Heist in The Heights [RP]

load previous
Jun 29, 2022 9:45 pm
Blank pulls a Bazooka from his pocket, unwraps it and pops it into his mouth. Chewing loudly he first reads the comic strip from his gum pack then watches Winston get to work.

He smacks happily at his gum; "You're in your element now old man." To the teens, "Watch a pro in action."
Jun 30, 2022 9:35 pm
- Blank -

The kids seem more interested in your gum than in the old man sitting down.
Jun 30, 2022 9:36 pm
- Winston -

It is easy for you to slip past the login prompt and gain access to the system, but you can see that something has noticed the unusual access and logged it somewhere, no immediate action has been taken against you, but you will need to tread lightly if you don't want to raise more suspicion.

• What are you looking for? This workshop is not associated with your goal, so its systems don't directly contain internal references to what you are here for, you may be able to piece together some clues from what is here, but you also have access to the larger network of the building. Curtailing your activities to this system should not draw any extra attention (not in the time-frame of your job, anyway), but access to the outside world could allow you to help your companions from the comfort of this chair.

What do you do?
Jul 5, 2022 8:45 am
D. tries to keep the kids away from Winston, mostly points at useless junk and making small talk. He does however, try to figure how what the kids were up to before they met.
Jul 5, 2022 8:55 am
OOC:
Whoops thanks for the post bump lol.
Now that they're inside, Winston will look for any systems that are tied into where he figures the lab might be. Electrical, surveillance, or informational networks are his first targets.
Jul 5, 2022 9:37 am
- D. -

"Why are you so interested in our sex lives?!" Lys demands at your continued probing.

"Hey! I told you nothing like that was happening! Ever!" Herma snaps at him impatiently her eyes darting to E who is trying to ignore the conversation and blushing furiously.
Jul 5, 2022 9:37 am
- Winston -

Most systems are segregated and separated from each other, but the Surveillance and Security System (SSS) connects to all areas. It is intended to be inward orientated and you know you will need to be very careful if you tried to use it to connect out from anywhere, any misstep in that system would quickly raise red flags.

What do you do?
Jul 5, 2022 11:25 am
"I can get access to the security and surveillance system, but I'll probably raise some flags. Might be worth it though as we can pinpoint the exact location and save us time floundering around searching. Anyone opposed?"
Jul 5, 2022 12:46 pm
Blank snaps his gum. He chews and answers Winston."Nope. I say do it. We know how to get back down--we could turn this into a smash and grab if needed"
Jul 7, 2022 9:15 am
Winston merely nods in agreement and gets to work.

Rolls

Winston: Smartness + Winston: Hacking - (2d6+2d6)

(51) + (52) = 13

Jul 7, 2022 9:47 am
OOC:
forgot to reply :(
vagueGM says:
- D. -

"Why are you so interested in our sex lives?!" Lys demands at your continued probing.

"Hey! I told you nothing like that was happening! Ever!" Herma snaps at him impatiently her eyes darting to E who is trying to ignore the conversation and blushing furiously.
D. looks at Lys blankly. He knows these kids are just trying to be cool and shocking. He dealt with the kind frequently as a bouncer. And he knows the only way to reply to a provocation is with a greater provocation. This is sort of a golden rule for life actually, not just teenagers. "Oh you don't strike as the sort who has a sex life" he follows Herma's reply. "I bet you kids could probably learn a trick or two still, am I right?" he asks Blank, bringing the man into the already awkward conversation. "Yeah, that should put those kids back in their places"
Dunko says:
Blank snaps his gum. He chews and answers Winston."Nope. I say do it. We know how to get back down--we could turn this into a smash and grab if needed"
He kind of lets go for a moment, concidering on Wiston's acceptance of the situation. "Smash and grab's a classic. I have no issue with smashing" he says as he brings his hands together.

https://c.tenor.com/g7wnOYY7gyAAAAAM/suh-smash-smash.gif

Picking up on the girls' discomfort with Lys' remark, D. approaches E. and let's her know she doesn't have to do anything those boys want. "and if they are being mean to you girls... just let me know" he smiles, trying to sound friendly, instead of a patronizing parent or, worse, a creep.
Jul 7, 2022 11:58 am
- Winston -

You slide into the SSS, and can see a wide array of cameras to choose from. They are labeled with arcane name-codes so you don't know what they are, or even what floors they cover.

You will need to search for your objective, but at least you don't need to walk around while doing that.
In a corner of the Security alerts system you see a flashing red banner:

UNUSUAL OR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS
13th FLOOR

By your count that is the floor you are on. They do not appear to have pinpointed the room you are in.

What do you do?
Jul 7, 2022 12:27 pm
OOC:
rolling for consequences.

PS: no trouble 😱
Last edited July 7, 2022 12:28 pm

Rolls

D.: Smartness + D.: Influence - (1d6+0d6)

(6) + (0) = 6

Jul 7, 2022 2:34 pm
- D. -

"Yeah? Well... um... at least I am not... old!" Lys tries to bounce back, but even he can see it fell flat and pretends to get distracted by a doodad on the table.

"What? Them?" E asks with a giggle. "They are harmless. Known them all our lives, and there are no other kids our age. But I am not interested in them..." She looks away and the blush returns as her sentence trails away when she realises she has said too much.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.