πŸ“° A Friend in Need

load previous
May 7, 2022 8:10 pm
Fynn takes a few steps in, and hurls the cleverest of insults at the nearest remaining Kenku. "You stink, bird-brain!"
OOC:
Move H22

Vicious Mockery on J21

Casting Time: 1 action
Range/Area: 60ft.
Components: V
Duration: Instantaneous
Attack/Save: WIS 13

You unleash a string of insults laced with subtle enchantments at a creature you can see within range. If the target can hear you (though it need not understand you), it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.

This spell's damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th level (2d4), 11th level (3d4), and 17th level (4d4).

Rolls

Vicious Mockery - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Xanathar Kenku

Adam

May 8, 2022 7:25 am
Fynnhorn's words sting and suck the unfortunate crowman' confidence.

"I have a bad feeling about this" it whines as it looks north to its fellow thug. But its companion has no such qualms - with a "yippee ki yay" it launches itself at Jodelle, dirty shortsword akimbo.
OOC:
Your actions.

Jodelle - 6 points of damage.

Xanathar Kenku

Rolls

WIS Save vs Mockery DC13 - (1d20+0)

(1) = 1

To hit Jodelle AC14 - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

To hit Flynnhorn AC13 - (2d20l1+5)

(41) + 5 = 6

Damage to Jodelle - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

May 8, 2022 1:49 pm
Vincent glares at the Kenku, "Scared"! Vincent laughs "Their Sacred of Flynn what's his last name!" he takes his Lance and moves it in tha Awkward position that on must take to hurt someone beside them with a Lance.
OOC:
Action: Reckless Attack
Bonus: None
Movement: None
[ +- ] Reckless Attack
[ +- ] Rage 1/2

Rolls

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Attack - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Vincent Paperwood: Lance - Damage - (1d12+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

May 9, 2022 6:13 pm
Fynn readies their dagger and returns the Kenku's attack.

Rolls

Fynnhorn: Dagger - Attack - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Fynnhorn: Dagger - Damage - (1d4+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

May 9, 2022 11:17 pm
OOC:

Dash: K12
"You can see it's over. Lay down your arms"
May 10, 2022 5:55 am
Jodelle meanwhile draws her second short sword. And uses the distration caused by Patience running by to take revenge for being stabbed with a sword herself.
OOC:

Free action: draw OH weapon
Action: Short sword MH attack
Bonus action: OH attack
Triggering sneak attack on the first attack that hits

Rolls

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Jodelle: Short Sword (MH) - Damage - (1d6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Attack - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Jodelle: Short Sword (OH) - Damage - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jodelle: Sneak Attack (on first hit, source: Patience in K12) - (1d6)

(1) = 1

May 10, 2022 5:57 am
Distracted herself Jodelle stabs in mid air with her main hand, only to follow up truely with the other sword as she draws it.
OOC:
4 damage total

Xanathar Kenku

Adam

May 10, 2022 6:12 am
With its companions slain, a vengeful Jodelle on one side, and a big smiley Firbolg bearing down from the other, the Kenku throws down its shortsword and surrenders.

It turns to Jodelle and says in a calm, reasonable voice, "I'm innocent, Red - just like everybody else here."
OOC:
Out of initiative order. Post whenever you feel like it.

Xanathar Kenku
May 10, 2022 11:07 am
"Then Why did you all attack? huh! I think the First thing I asked is about your Innocence and you thought you'd slap me up!"

Vincent falls into a fit of laughter as his adrenaline flows out of his body he resumes his slightly hunched position bloodshot eyes quickly glancing from one place to another.

"your essentially a convict at present, and while it's within our ability to dispatch you to the garrison I suspect that we will determine the surplus of information we are perusing if we retain you for a moment"
May 10, 2022 8:00 pm
"Well said, Be truthful and we'll be fair" Patience adds.
May 10, 2022 9:14 pm
"I believe that bird is telling the truth, about as much as I believe my name is Fiona." Noticing a few confused looks directed their way, Fynn clarifies, "No, of course my name isn't... why would you think, anyway, we shouldn't believe anything it's saying without evidence."

Fynn searches the Kenku's fallen comrades while the others are interrogating the survivors.
May 10, 2022 9:49 pm
Jodelle looks quite angrily at the bird man.

"You are innocent?" she asks quite upset. "You attacked me and stabbed me with a sword!"

Fair enough, she stabbed one of them first, but no need to remind him of it.

"Well, go on then, what were you doing here? Best start talking if you want to get out of this.

She is still holding her two swords.

Kenku

Adam

May 11, 2022 8:16 am
Boop says:
"Well said, Be truthful and we'll be fair" Patience adds.
The kenku cocks its head, before adding in a chilling voice.

https://c.tenor.com/zxfL0lSxa9wAAAAC/quid-pro-quo-qpq.gif
rujasu says:
Fynn searches the Kenku's fallen comrades while the others are interrogating the survivors.
Five of the slain humans are clad in leather armour, each has a black tattoo of a winged snake on their neck or forearm. They look like tough characters, probably sellswords. There's also another dead kenku with a spoked circle Xanathar tattoo on the palm of its hand.
Cettish says:
"Well, go on then, what were you doing here? Best start talking if you want to get out of this.
The kenku releases a variety of voices - whispering, shouting, singing - in an attempt to communicate.
https://i.imgur.com/90Ch3RC.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/5ca752700c1345000db8fb9ac095e031/tumblr_od6dnlpp6D1qkktc4o1_r1_500.gifv
https://y.yarn.co/7ca8fc9f-749c-414a-991b-6a2d35a3b9af_text.gif
https://y.yarn.co/f1774aba-c3e1-40ab-ae4c-d9520e7b4ea9_text.gif

It pauses before singing,
https://i.imgur.com/vYWsoH8.gif

It then starts flailing its head in time to music only it can hear.

Kenku
May 11, 2022 10:52 am
"I didn't question you on the particulars of how I despise Kenku's my questioning was to have you reveal information of some merit, perchance repeating snippets of the escapade between you and the deceased would aid in my investigation."
May 11, 2022 5:09 pm
"What do you mean, there are two? It's littered with dead corpses here. Way more than two... What are you doing in here anyway?"

Jodelle walks around a bit, here eye on the birdman, but also on the cargo, trying to open a random one.
May 12, 2022 4:00 am
Fynn goes to write down the Kenku's confusing clues, before realizing they have brought neither pen nor paper, nor most of the tools one might expect a reporter to carry. "Well I'm sure I'll remember it all anyway," they mumble to themself, before also looking through the boxes.

Kenku

Adam

May 12, 2022 4:52 am
Jodelle looks in a random crate. It contains bottles of counterfeit Sune's Delight - a high-end perfume that's highly sought in the Sea Ward, but these bottles of Prune's Blight? Not so much.

The kenku parrots what it's been told.

In a deep voice with an orcish accent: "Send 'em Xanathar's regards, and bring me the pretty boy."

In a thin, nasally voice: "Tie the other one up", followed by "Fishgut. Follow the yellow signs in the sewers.", and then "Where's the other one gone? Find him!".

In a scratchy voice: "No time to loot the place, find the boy!"

It cocks its head hopefully, before singing "Let me go!"

Kenku
May 12, 2022 11:07 am
"Many Thanks, now we have acquired intel that may be of import, I don't see what purpose it serves to remain a captor of the Kenku. However Kenku, this requires you to sever Connections with Xanathar and his beholden."
May 12, 2022 11:48 am
Jodelle sprays some Prune's Blight into the air and sniffs, her rolls roll for a moment.

"Leave Waterdeep, birdman. Leave and never come back or I will poison you with this stench... Ideally go to Candlekeep and become a monk."
Last edited May 12, 2022 2:13 pm
May 12, 2022 2:06 pm
Patience rubs his beard - a pretty boy? Prune's blight? He was sure the pieces would all fall into place sooner or later.
"We gave you our word, go in peace. Their advice is not half bad, Keep yourself out of trouble friend"

Patience moves aside giving the Kenku a gap to leave.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.